LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by valrod33:

This is why I have Lee toward the bottom of the first round. Guys who are sub 6', are relatively thin, and do not blow people away with their forty time, struggle to get picked early.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM ]

These guys have to be very careful with their weight. When you get to 230+ pounds, you are in rare company of a guy who can be that big, and run effectively down the field. Think of how big Calvin Johnson is (6'5", 230), and he could end up being smaller than Benjamin.

Again, my Big Board projections pushed the two LSU receivers down a bit due to height issues. Both are talented guys, but most teams want those taller, longer receivers unless a guy is a burner (like Cooks). Beckham barely 5'11".

Robinson very intriguing. Getting lost in all the buzz surrounding other players, but is so professional in the way he plays (looks and acts like an NFL player already). Should transition well into the league.
No shock that he is sub 6'. I know a lot of fans are trying to compare him to QBs of the past, but they are missing the closest comparison. Manziel is Jeff Garcia 2.0, minus the hot wife.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Bridgewater: 6-2 1/8, 214 pounds, 9 1/4 hands.

Bortles: 6-5, 232 pounds

Love Bridgewater. Most accurate and pro-ready QB in the draft. Glad he came in close to 215 pounds.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No shock that he is sub 6'. I know a lot of fans are trying to compare him to QBs of the past, but they are missing the closest comparison. Manziel is Jeff Garcia 2.0, minus the hot wife.

She may not be his wife yet but his girlfriend is pretty hot, Lauren Hanley
The dude from Oregon same height & even lighter than LMJ is. Three receivers that I thought were like 6' 1" and they're all under 6 feet SMH.
James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 4m

49ers GM Trent Baalke speaking for 2 minutes then surprise appearance from Pete Carroll accross the room. Awkward.

Leave it to that douchebag to crash the combine.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:

49ers GM Trent Baalke speaking for 2 minutes then surprise appearance from Pete Carroll accross the room. Awkward.

Leave it to that douchebag to crash the combine.

you think NFLN would be like "Oh snap look at Carroll cutting off Baalke" in an attempt to add fuel to the fire.

Originally posted by ltrain:
49ers GM Trent Baalke speaking for 2 minutes then surprise appearance from Pete Carroll accross the room. Awkward. Leave it to that douchebag to crash the combine.

Funny thing is he wasn't even listed on the schedule of head coach press conferences from yesterday and today. I set my DVR to record Trent interview at 10:30 AM ET and then I see stupid f***ing Pete Carroll being interviewed. Like I needed to be reminded of how much I hate those motherf**kers.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Funny thing is he wasn't even listed on the schedule of head coach press conferences from yesterday and today. I set my DVR to record Trent interview at 10:30 AM ET and then I see stupid f***ing Pete Carroll being interviewed. Like I needed to be reminded of how much I hate those motherf**kers.

Pete probably just had his grande lattee Starbucks enema and decided to steal the show like the princess he is.
Mike Evans is a taller version of Alshon Jeffery. Catch radius is off the chart.

As for Carroll, intentional or non-intentional, he gets in the head of the Niners (at least some fans). And for that, I think it is hilarious. We need this rivalry. And, we need to be better. He is forcing us to become better.
Carlos Hyde 5'11 7/8 230, Jeremy Hill 6'0 5/8 233, Kadeem Carey-5'9 3/8 207, Tre Mason 5'8 1/2 207, Terrance West 5'9 1/4 225, Andre Williams 5'11 3/8 230, Bishop Sankey 5'9 1/2 209.

Hyde is the best back in this draft, and it isn't close. Wouldn't mind the team picking him in the first round, if he is available. He will be a dominant force, just like Lacy, who I graded similarly last season.
Sammy Watkins 6'0 3/4 211. Good measurables. Check another box.
Share 49ersWebzone