There are 221 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Any Badger fans here? I'm interested in knowing more about Ryan Groy (6'5", 316) and if he's a fit for a backup center/guard role. I know he played tackle last year but also played center and guard earlier in his career at UW and projects more as interior guy at the next level.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:52 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
why the comparison with a player that isn't on the rams and plays a different position?

just comparing what happens when these guys engage an opponent on a running play.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
why the comparison with a player that isn't on the rams and plays a different position?

just comparing what happens when these guys engage an opponent on a running play.

That makes little or no sense.

The comparison that would make more sense is to compare Robinson an OT to Jake Long, OT for the Rams.

I think you confused the Longs.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins measured in at 6 foot 5 and 1/2 inch and 262 pounds. Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas measured in at 6 foot 6 and a 1/2 and 270 pounds. Big TEs this year in the draft.

Jace Amaro might be the most talented and he's got both tremendous size and reach. 6'5", 265 with 34 inch arms.

He's on the top of my TE board
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
That makes little or no sense.

The comparison that would make more sense is to compare Robinson an OT to Jake Long, OT for the Rams.

I think you confused the Longs.

just describing how powerful robinson is in the run game; nothing to do with specific position. robinson is a good pass blocker who could be a lot better once he becomes fanatical about pass pro technique. he needs work in pass pro, but he is a great run blocker--and most of it is his natural, mauler strength. irrespective of position, him and kyle long show similar ability to dominate an opponent with strength. while robinson will probably become a great tackle, i think he has more ability as a guard. but, since great tackle play is needed more than guard, tackle is where he should be. but he'd be great at either position.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins measured in at 6 foot 5 and 1/2 inch and 262 pounds. Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas measured in at 6 foot 6 and a 1/2 and 270 pounds. Big TEs this year in the draft.

Jace Amaro might be the most talented and he's got both tremendous size and reach. 6'5", 265 with 34 inch arms.

Pats will draft him or Seferian-Jenkins
Seahags better not draft Jace Amaro. That would piss me off.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Manziel at the combine measured in at 5'11 3/4", 207 lbs.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:34 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Bridgewater: 6-2 1/8, 214 pounds, 9 1/4 hands.

Bortles: 6-5, 232 pounds

Originally posted by mayo49:
Manziel at the combine measured in at 5'11 3/4", 207 lbs.

Manziel an inch taller than RW. He weighs more than I thought he did.
Originally posted by sfout:

Pats will draft him or Seferian-Jenkins

ASJ has those off the field issues, which should keep him out of the first frame. Amaro will undoubtably be a first rounder. May go as early as the Ravens depending on the health of Pitta. Has Pats written all over him, but think he will be gone before their pick.
Share 49ersWebzone