Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Davante Adams is a Raider fan

Time to make him a 49ers fan

wouldn't be mad. he reminds me of a slightly slower Crabtree

I thought he was supposed to be a speed guy?

WTF

lol where'd you hear that Valrod?

He's never been hyped as a speed guy, at least not in the sense of sub 4.4 burner. He's literally a poor man's Crabtree, it is what I first thought of him last year, and only been reinforced this year. He's a physical route runner with good hands. If he runs a low 4.5 I'd think it was an amazing time -- If he broke into the 4.4s he'd be one of the best WRs we could take.

could swore i saw Barrows tweet about him being fast, i probably read it wrong
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The comparisons I have heard all say poor man's Crabtree...not as fast, same kind of quickness.

haha I like how everyone is saying the exact same description of him. I posted it at the same time as you.
Originally posted by sfout:

WTF

lol where'd you hear that Valrod?

He's never been hyped as a speed guy, at least not in the sense of sub 4.4 burner. He's literally a poor man's Crabtree, it is what I first thought of him last year, and only been reinforced this year. He's a physical route runner with good hands. If he runs a low 4.5 I'd think it was an amazing time -- If he broke into the 4.4s he'd be one of the best WRs we could take.

this.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

WTF

nope. i'm interested on his measurables. site has him listed at 6'2''. could end up being 6'.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn
Davante Adams was 6'1" and 212 pounds at the weigh in.
could swore i saw Barrows tweet about him being fast, i probably read it wrong

he was probably talking about Brandin Cooks, who's becoming Barrow's draft fave.

Bruce Ellington built very well for his height.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn
Davante Adams was 6'1" and 212 pounds at the weigh in.

really is a crabtree clone. a slower crabtree, that is.
sucks to hear the measurables on Jarvis Landry. i thought he'd at least be 6'. unless he absolutely kills it on the 40, i can see him being available for us in the 2nd.

Cooks has surpassed him in my WR board.

Landry is 5'11" 1/2, which essentially puts him at 6'0" with cleats on. Just my opinion, but any team that sees that as a factor deserves to continue their losing ways.
sucks to hear the measurables on Jarvis Landry. i thought he'd at least be 6'. unless he absolutely kills it on the 40, i can see him being available for us in the 2nd.

I always expected him to be right around 5'11", for his height, he has nice size. Analyzes of past drafts have stated that at least when it comes to the early rounds, a WR's weight is more predictive of his success than his actual height, for Landry, being over 200 pounds is a good sign.
Allen Robinson built very well, let's see how he moves at 220 pounds, terrific size for a possession receiver.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Landry is 5'11" 1/2, which essentially puts him at 6'0" with cleats on. Just my opinion, but any team that sees that as a factor deserves to continue their losing ways.

not hating on Landry. he's still one of my favorite players in the draft, but in our position, it would be a difficult choice for me to choose between him and Cooks.
Logan Thomas....man, if he ever puts it all together......... 6'6", 248, almost 11 inch hands.
not hating on Landry. he's still one of my favorite players in the draft, but in our position, it would be a difficult choice for me to choose between him and Cooks.

Depends on what they prioritize. For pure hands and route running, you really can't miss with Landry and he's got a better build than Cooks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bruce Ellington built very well for his height.

That's my draft crush...back off!
Carlos Hyde and Andre Williams are both built like friggin' battering rams. Hopefully one or the other would turn out to be as good as Lynch.
Share 49ersWebzone