LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
See below--GFD answered it very well. Add onto that the plethora of injuries the niners seem to have at WR every year and I'm not worried about having too many talented WRs. Did we have too many RBs this year? DLinemen? And with a million picks...ok...that's hyperbole...but you get the point.
yeah, i get it but given that we a power-running team, we need AT LEAST 3 rb and a fb.

we have a lot of d-liners???
Like how physical he is.
Originally posted by communist:
yeah, i get it but given that we a power-running team, we need AT LEAST 3 rb and a fb.

we have a lot of d-liners???

J Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Dial, Dobbs, Jerod-Eddy, Carradine, Williams (injured), Okoye, and Tukuafu (who is now a FB). That's 10 players for three starting positions...and I like all of them. Okoye is a major project and I would knock him off the list but then that is still 9 for three spots. With injuries over the past couple of years it makes sense to go into camp with more than one might think wise. If worse comes to worse...a trade can be worked out as they did last year with a couple of marginal guys.
tukuafu was cut several weeks ago, iirc. furthermore, you have included guys from our PS, right?

I am talking about active players only.however, i assume that we will carry osgood and another 5 WRs at max.
we need a fast WR. boldin, crabs, patton...four WR already. given how deep the WR class is, we don't need to go for another WR in the first 3 rounds BADLY, save for some REAL steal.

we still need a CB, if not even two, a good Backup-qb, perhaps a new guard and/or center and a successor for whitner. 5-7 needs, ...we have got 6 picks in the first three rounds.
sorry, but taking another WR in the first three rounds is almost a kind of luxury, imho.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
tukuafu was cut several weeks ago, iirc. furthermore, you have included guys from our PS, right?

I am talking about active players only.however, i assume that we will carry osgood and another 5 WRs at max.
we need a fast WR. boldin, crabs, patton...four WR already. given how deep the WR class is, we don't need to go for another WR in the first 3 rounds BADLY, save for some REAL steal.

we still need a CB, if not even two, a good Backup-qb, perhaps a new guard and/or center and a successor for whitner. 5-7 needs, ...we have got 6 picks in the first three rounds.
sorry, but taking another WR in the first three rounds is almost a kind of luxury, imho.

No practice squad but three from the reserve/injured...which is my point. We had Manningham, Crabtree and Patton injured this year and had to rely on KW and ? Bring in a couple of top rookies and if they can make the team over Baldwin and/or anyone else...fine with me. You can't count your players until the cut down day...too many injuries...even some imaginary injuries perhaps.

My favorite mock so far--although it's the Bleacher report--has the 9ers taking WR Lee in the first, a SS Dixon and CB Gaines in the second. Plenty of picks left over for another WR...hopefully in the third.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Will be interesting to see his 40

a scout said he is going to be slow and his hands are questionable he drops easy passes NOT consistant

What scout is this?

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout10h
Easy drops bother me, but that size/speed combination is special. RT @NickRadz23: Opinions on Kelvin Benjamin?

I will have my eye Monday night on this Wr
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Jan 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM ]
scout is not completely off the mark. he dropped some easy ones against florida...if he did the same against other teams too, he is not a 1st-rounder imo.

a scout said he is going to be slow and his hands are questionable he drops easy passes NOT consistant

What scout is this?

Easy drops bother me, but that size/speed combination is special. RT @NickRadz23: Opinions on Kelvin Benjamin?

Easy drops speak to lack of concentration (which is correctable/coachable) as opposed to lack of size/speed/talent (which he acknowledges). If that's his biggest issue, I wouldn't be overly concerned especially as a late 1st rounder.

What scout is this?

Easy drops speak to lack of concentration (which is correctable/coachable) as opposed to lack of size/speed/talent (which he acknowledges). If that's his biggest issue, I wouldn't be overly concerned especially as a late 1st rounder.

He won't be a late first rounder regardless unless he gets injured. Expect more Allen Robinson/Davante Adams as 49ers range especially at pick 32

What scout is this?

He won't be a late first rounder regardless unless he gets injured. Expect more Allen Robinson/Davante Adams as 49ers range especially at pick 32

One never knows...he has some warts which could push his stock down a bit like Alshon Jeffery. But yah, if he runs well and is convincing enough in his team interviews, he should go somewhere between 15-25.

And yes, I saw what you did there.

Well, that's what we want in the redzone. Great job young man. I knew he had it in him.

And he didn't get down after his drops earlier
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:01 PM ]
He reminds me a lot of Hakeem Nicks coming out of school. If he can continue to work on his hands, look out.

Wouldn't be surprised if his speed was very deceptive because he is a long strider a lot like Larry Fitzgerald.

What scout is this?

One never knows...he has some warts which could push his stock down a bit like Alshon Jeffery. But yah, if he runs well and is convincing enough in his team interviews, he should go somewhere between 15-25.

And yes, I saw what you did there.

After watching him today their is NO doubt in my mind he is returning to Florida St. Not a good route runner, Questionable hands, couldn't get separation, he can benefit 1 more year with Famous Jameis.

#80 Rashaad Green stole the show tonight the kid is a Great route runner with good hands reminded me of another #80
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:16 PM ]
I like the physical attributes and ability, but do we have some type of aversion to using big targets in the endzone? We've had Jonathan Baldwin all year who is 6'5, like Benjamin. The only excuse I can think of is that what the Kansas City fans have said is true, that he's lazy, or that 49ers fans are right and Greg Roman is totally uncreative in endzone.
Hes going to be 23 years old in Feb. I doubt he going back to school. Hes moving up the boards and getting recognized. His time has to be now.
Share 49ersWebzone