LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 359 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG you guys are mean......

Yeah, Cooks might not be better than Watkins, but Watkins aint nowhere close to being better than M.Lee.......
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No doubt whatsoever that he'd be an impact on day one.

Really nervous that the Rams will pick him at #2.

Lol. I knew. Are you scared when Rams will Draft to Sammy Watkin but u don't want a rams will wins games?!
Originally posted by CWin4949:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG you guys are mean......

Yeah, Cooks might not be better than Watkins, but Watkins aint nowhere close to being better than M.Lee.......

I know the consensus (from me and most here) is that Watkins is the top rated WR. Do you think any GM's in the league have Evans ahead of Watkins? Just asking because I heard Polian say that Matthews was the best WR in this class. Other scouting people have said that the gap between Watkins and Evans is very slim. I don't agree but what are your thoughts on the GM's boards?

Don't worry Sam Bradford is still their QB. Rams are dumb, they should draft a QB now. They won't get a #2 pick three years in a row. Next year they'll give up on Bradford and be in QB limbo
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:

Don't worry Sam Bradford is still their QB. Rams are dumb, they should draft a QB now. They won't get a #2 pick three years in a row. Next year they'll give up on Bradford and be in QB limbo

This, Bortles or Manziel, Bradford is not a franchise QB
Originally posted by jimrat:
This, Bortles or Manziel, Bradford is not a franchise QB

IMO, there isn't a "franchise" QB in this draft.

If I'm a QB needy team, they are mostly in the 1-10 picks, I'm not taking a QB in the first round.

This is a high quality draft and I'd go w/ WR, CB and top DLIne, OLine prospects. Then trade back into the bottom of the first - which could be VERY good news for us, depending what they offer.

That Watkins is going to be special player.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on May 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM ]
come on trent stop playing with these 2nd tier WRs and grab sammy. #bringsammytoSF
  • evil
  • Veteran

You are assuming there is a franchise QB among the top 4 QB's in this class. One could argue all 5 teams at the top of the order need a QB yet all 5 may very well pass on the top QB prospects in this class. For all we know they do plan on taking a QB in this draft, possibly at 2 or 13 (or by moving down a little from one of those picks if they can). They have looked at some of the QB's in this class and if they are truly interested they have kept their cards close to the vest.

If they choose not to select a QB early (within the first 3 rounds) it's not a big deal nor does it make them dumb. Rams appear to have no real significant FA's set to hit the market in 2015 and they have no reason to move on from Bradford. He would have 1 year left after this year and can be kept to compete with a drafted QB in 2015. They could wind up acquiring 2015 picks by trading back this year, but even if they don't they do have 12 picks in this draft and could conceivably go into 2015 with no glaring holes on the roster which would allow them to surrender picks in 2015 to move up if need be for a QB. You also don't need the #2 pick to come away with a franchise QB...we didn't take Kap at 2, the Hawks didn't take Wilson at 2 and then there are also guys like Brady who went late and Flacco who went in the middle of the first round.

I get the feeling they will take a QB this year but more than likely that guy will be had outside of the 1st round. McCarron, Mettenberger, Garoppolo, Savage or one of the top 4 falling to them could be good developmental options without over committing to the QB position this year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

You are assuming there is a franchise QB among the top 4 QB's in this class. One could argue all 5 teams at the top of the order need a QB yet all 5 may very well pass on the top QB prospects in this class. For all we know they do plan on taking a QB in this draft, possibly at 2 or 13 (or by moving down a little from one of those picks if they can). They have looked at some of the QB's in this class and if they are truly interested they have kept their cards close to the vest.

If they choose not to select a QB early (within the first 3 rounds) it's not a big deal nor does it make them dumb. Rams appear to have no real significant FA's set to hit the market in 2015 and they have no reason to move on from Bradford. He would have 1 year left after this year and can be kept to compete with a drafted QB in 2015. They could wind up acquiring 2015 picks by trading back this year, but even if they don't they do have 12 picks in this draft and could conceivably go into 2015 with no glaring holes on the roster which would allow them to surrender picks in 2015 to move up if need be for a QB. You also don't need the #2 pick to come away with a franchise QB...we didn't take Kap at 2, the Hawks didn't take Wilson at 2 and then there are also guys like Brady who went late and Flacco who went in the middle of the first round.

I get the feeling they will take a QB this year but more than likely that guy will be had outside of the 1st round. McCarron, Mettenberger, Garoppolo, Savage or one of the top 4 falling to them could be good developmental options without over committing to the QB position this year.

I would take a 5'5 manziel over Bradford.

I think, manziel will be bust out. Book it.. u will see about it.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on May 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I think, manziel will be busted out. Book it.. u will see about it.

I thought it funny that Holmgren was critical of Manziel for being too Favre like.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Brandin Cooks is a better receiver than Watkins (unless it's a play where they're blocking). I think Cooks will get hall of fame consideration one day.

Put the crack pipe down...
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

I think, manziel will be busted out. Book it.. u will see about it.

I thought it funny that Holmgren was critical of Manziel for being too Favre like.

I was not critical on people. I have fact to tell it. If ur laughing at me.. then Tell me, Manziel will be pro or bust? Tell me please. I want to see that i want to hear what's ur saying it.
soooooooooooooooooooo, back to Watkins...
Share 49ersWebzone