LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Just wait till he runs his 40... He makes great breaks in his routes. I think he could go high as 15 pending his combine numbers. The guy can get open in the NFL at the next level right now.

At this point I would do something illegal if it meant the 9ers got either Beckham or Landry.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Just wait till he runs his 40... He makes great breaks in his routes. I think he could go high as 15 pending his combine numbers. The guy can get open in the NFL at the next level right now.

At this point I would do something illegal if it meant the 9ers got either Beckham or Landry.

Quote myself.....and.....holy kickoff return batman.

LOL I was like OMG what a move!
  • sfout
  • Veteran

me too....and it was all for nothing. Pathetic that they couldn't get anything from 4 downs and that timeout was hilarious.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]

me too....and it was all for nothing. Pathetic that they couldn't get anything from 4 downs and that timeout was hilarious.

Could not disagree with you
Originally posted by cools:
J.Matthews not getting much love here, but he's solid, very strong, great hands and route running,
goes agaist the top D's in the country and i think he leading the SEC again in recieving, Im leaning towards Matthews as our first pick in 2014

Maybe that's because this is a thread about Odell Beckham?

I do like Matthews, but all he does is provide yet another possession receiver of which the 49ers have plenty. Beckham would be a guy who can stretch the field and be a deep threat to keep defense's honest.

Also you said "top D's in the country" as if Beckham doesn't play in the SEC.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
So everyone luvz beckham N im liking him to.. But is anyone worried about his size 6'0 187 ??? I believe AJ was around tha same size coming out N look what he did or didnt do i should say.. just something im wondering as i think of WR N all tha new mock draftz im seeing ...
Very interested in seeing his Combine workout. I think all of us draftniks are interested in seeing some amazing measurables in addition to some quality play on the field. So far, there appear to be only three consensus 1st round WR's in Watkns, Lee and Mike Evans. Since Beckham is in that 2nd tier of prospects with Matthews, Landry, Robinson, Moncrief, etc and the Niners need more speed, a sub 4.5 40 time would seem to help.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
...........and he can return kicks. We know how much you "love" our current KR.

Much added value with kick returns, Built like a running back.

LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. wins Paul Hornung AwardBy Chip Patterson | College Football Writer December 13, 2013 9:37 am ET LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was named the winner of the 2013 Paul Hornung Award, given annually by the Louisville Sports Commission to the nation's most versatile player.

"It's just an honor and a blessing to even be mentioned with the other guys who were up for the Hornung Award," Beckham said. "I am proud to accept the award and thank the committee for recognizing me.It means a lot to me personally because I have worked extremely hard, long before this season started."I had great teammates help me along the way, especially on kickoff and punt returns.

None of the opportunities to display my versatility would have been possible if it weren't for my teammates and coaches who put me in a position to succeed."Beckham was selected over Arizona State running back Marion Grice, Western Kentucky running back Antonio Andrews, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and UCLA's two-way freshman, Myles Jack."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24374173/lsu-wr-odell-beckham-jr-wins-paul-hornung-award

Watch the video at the link, it has interviews with Beckham's parents, very interesting.

""I love the way Odell Beckham plays the game," Hornung said. "He can run, catch, block and return kicks and plays with great determination. And he has my admiration for lining up on the scout team during the season to help his defense get better. That's how I played the game - doing anything I could to help my team win."

Beckham led the SEC with 185.2 all-purpose yards per game, and finished the regular season ranked fifth in the SEC in receptions per game, fourth in receiving yards per game and third in kick return average. His season total of 2,222 total all-purpose yards is an LSU record and ranks third on the SEC's single-season list behind Randall Cobb (2,396 yards, Kentucky, 2010) and Darren McFadden (2,310 yards, Arkansas, 2007).
"
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24374173/lsu-wr-odell-beckham-jr-wins-paul-hornung-award

Lost in the hype among the other receivers, Beckham would be a great acquisition for the 49ers.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Very interested in seeing his Combine workout. I think all of us draftniks are interested in seeing some amazing measurables in addition to some quality play on the field. So far, there appear to be only three consensus 1st round WR's in Watkns, Lee and Mike Evans. Since Beckham is in that 2nd tier of prospects with Matthews, Landry, Robinson, Moncrief, etc and the Niners need more speed, a sub 4.5 40 time would seem to help.

Beckham might not be super fast out on the track, but he shows very good football speed, not an ideal burner but a guy who can explode and make plays downfield, also a threat for yards after the catch.
I'm torn between Beckham and Landry. Landry would be a good successor to Boldin, he has the attitude, he just needs the nfl weight training to make the frame. Beckham has the speed that we crave and special teams ability to boot. I just dont' know which to choose!
Catching in the NFL is much harder down field. Just worried his size will be a problem
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I'm torn between Beckham and Landry. Landry would be a good successor to Boldin, he has the attitude, he just needs the nfl weight training to make the frame. Beckham has the speed that we crave and special teams ability to boot. I just dont' know which to choose!

Haha, I too had been in debate with myself over this. If you want a Boldin replacement, you want Landry. If you want a field-stretcher that gets separation and has great k/p return ability, then ODB.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Haha, I too had been in debate with myself over this. If you want a Boldin replacement, you want Landry. If you want a field-stretcher that gets separation and has great k/p return ability, then ODB.

I think a field-stretcher is a much bigger need for the 49ers right now, especially if Boldin is re-signed. Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, all possession receivers, a nice deep threat would really balance that out.
Share 49ersWebzone