There are 149 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

With his performance this season, Beckham is moving up and starting to look like a potential 1st round pick in the 2014 draft. He's not a huge receiver by any means, 5'11, 190 pounds but he's an explosive gamebreaker that can truly stretch the field, something that the 49ers badly need. He has terrific balance and seems to pretty big hands, very reliable receiver, has some YAC talent, a nice deep threat that defenses would certainly have to account for. He's not blazing fast, but fast enough and he accelerates to top speed very quickly. He's a good character guy that seems like he'd be a nice playmaker at WR in the NFL.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
Been watching him a while... yes yes.. He has first rd talent, and will be a serious threat in the pros.
Really like watching this kid play, he has some serious talent.
...........and he can return kicks. We know how much you "love" our current KR.
Do we think he can possibly be there in the 2nd round? I would not mind trading up early for him in the 2nd. I would like to use our first rounder for a great stud DT.
Ive been watching this guy all season and have been very impressed with him. I think he would put up even better numbers if he wasn't sharing so many targets with Landry. Really good in the return game too.
Still trying to figure out where Beckam Jr. will land in the draft. Been reading around, and many seem to think he is a 2nd round pick in the 40-60 range. Even with so many other good WR prospects.. and considering Beckam Jr. is only about 5' 10"... it is still hard to see him falling outside of the first 32 picks.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Still trying to figure out where Beckam Jr. will land in the draft. Been reading around, and many seem to think he is a 2nd round pick in the 40-60 range. Even with so many other good WR prospects.. and considering Beckam Jr. is only about 5' 10"... it is still hard to see him falling outside of the first 32 picks.

If he keeps playing the way he has he'll wind up in the late 1st, early 2nd.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

If he keeps playing the way he has he'll wind up in the late 1st, early 2nd.

How about Jarvis Landry? I was texting my friend (who is an LSU fanatic) and asking him which he thought was better, faster, etc. He feels that Landry has better hands and toughness.. that Landry will probably translate into the pros better. That Beckam is faster, but still quite good.

I wonder where Landry might go in the draft, if he came out?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU 5-11 187

Would add to both the passing and return game.

PR 8 for 95 11.88 yard average

KR 25 for 616 24.64 yard average

receiving 42 for 805 19.17 yard average

• GEEK
  • Veteran
He's exactly what we need in our WR unit, especially if we don't resign Mario Manningham in the offseason.

A WR unit of Crabtree, Boldin, Beckham, Baldwin, and Patton adds speed, skill, and possession type players to a team thirsty of speed.

I really hope we use our 1st rounder on him...assuming it's a late pick.
Likely late 1st, early 2nd round pick.

If Sammy Watkins is already off the board, I think we should pursue Odell. Very fast, decent hands, and he's a pretty good KR. I like his teammate Jarvis Landry as well. Either one of them, I'd be pleased with.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Likely late 1st, early 2nd round pick.

If Sammy Watkins is already off the board, I think we should pursue Odell. Very fast, decent hands, and he's a pretty good KR. I like his teammate Jarvis Landry as well. Either one of them, I'd be pleased with.

LSU guys have done very well in the NFL lately. f**k it, just make LSU the 49ers official college minor league team. In the next draft the 49ers can take Beckham, Loston, Ferguson, Copeland and Wiliford.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LSU guys have done very well in the NFL lately. f**k it, just make LSU the 49ers official college minor league team. In the next draft the 49ers can take Beckham, Loston, Ferguson, Copeland and Wiliford.

Don't forget Landry. Hes got talent.
4 catches for 132 yards and a TD, another big play game for Beckham.
Share 49ersWebzone