There are 206 users in the forums

Davante Adams WR Fresno ST

Thanx for some fresh, Im not a huge fan but with Kap we HAVE o daft WRs that CIT
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He goes late first-mid second IMO. Somewhere in the 25- 50 range.

Yea, possible. Will depend on combine results, measurements, interviews, etc...

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Any idea what his 40 time maybe a 4.5 ?? I know he's a bigg WR any spee there ????I'd say we take him or trade up to get him if hes within 8 pickz ....

I predict all his measurable will be real good besides his 40 time. He simply isaint a burner. Likely in the 4.6 range, but i could be off. Hes the guy you want taking jump balls in the RZ though. The type of WR many of us fans have been salivating over for a decade or so. Big, strong, physical WR that simply knows how to go up and snatch contested balls.
Will get passed up by us because too slow and will go on to play well like Keenan Allen, if its a wr we want baalke will pass for some guy we didn't see coming. I have no faith this team can draft and develop a wr, that's why I prefer signing or trading for known players
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Will get passed up by us because too slow and will go on to play well like Keenan Allen, if its a wr we want baalke will pass for some guy we didn't see coming. I have no faith this team can draft and develop a wr, that's why I prefer signing or trading for known players

Sigh, this is very possible. Wouldn't be surprised if this happened (again). I know people are tired of hearing this but I really hope we contact the Browns and make a trade to bring in Josh Gordon. Gordon is a proven legit top 5 WR in this league making the likes of Jason Campbell and Weeden look semi-good. Just imagine pairing him with Kap ! And Gordon is still on a rookie deal for the next two years. I'd fully support a deal being made.
I honestly think we could be set at receiver for the next 2-3 years if we resign Boldin, Crabtree, and Patton pans out. I know that's asking a lot to happen but it's very realistic and actually probable. With our offense we have a lot of 1-2 receiver sets and never really more than 3 receivers on the field at one time. I do want us to draft a receiver early but I think Baalke will see it differently and go in a different direction early in the draft
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Sigh, this is very possible. Wouldn't be surprised if this happened (again). I know people are tired of hearing this but I really hope we contact the Browns and make a trade to bring in Josh Gordon. Gordon is a proven legit top 5 WR in this league making the likes of Jason Campbell and Weeden look semi-good. Just imagine pairing him with Kap ! And Gordon is still on a rookie deal for the next two years. I'd fully support a deal being made.

I'd give up our 1st and one of our 2nds for the guy in a heartbeat. Crabtree, Gordon and a resigned boldin working the slot will be a dream come true
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

I'd give up our 1st and one of our 2nds for the guy in a heartbeat. Crabtree, Gordon and a resigned boldin working the slot will be a dream come true

LOL. Let it go guys, the browns are not moving Gordon. Guy is leading the league in receiving yards. He will be a big part of their future.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/jeremy-fowler/24387922/fresno-state-wr-davante-adams-declaring-for-nfl-draft

Nice! 3rd round grade so far huh. With so many 2nd and 3rd round picks, I got a good feeling he'll be a niner. The rumor that Baalke was at Fresno State to watch him play doesn't hurt either.

I think you called it earlier this year, didn't you? That he just might declare? This could be part tactical error on his part, if this draft is really receiver-heavy as I've heard. Then again, if he waits, he's got to groom another QB, and there's no guarantee he'll ever top this season's stats. The guy put up monster numbers.

But, again, he did it against second-tier competition. I was interested to see how he fared against USC and he snagged his share of balls. But the Trojans were able to keep him out of the endzone.

If Davante had really lit it up against USC, and had Fresno State won that game or at least made it close, his draft prospects would probably be much better. But the Bulldogs stumbled down the break and then failed to even show up in Las Vegas.

Bottom line? I just don't know about it. Lighting up New Mexico State or San Diego State is one thing. Out muscling the likes of DICK Sherman in Seattle is another.

What you say?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/jeremy-fowler/24387922/fresno-state-wr-davante-adams-declaring-for-nfl-draft

Nice! 3rd round grade so far huh. With so many 2nd and 3rd round picks, I got a good feeling he'll be a niner. The rumor that Baalke was at Fresno State to watch him play doesn't hurt either.

I think you called it earlier this year, didn't you? That he just might declare? This could be part tactical error on his part, if this draft is really receiver-heavy as I've heard. Then again, if he waits, he's got to groom another QB, and there's no guarantee he'll ever top this season's stats. The guy put up monster numbers.

But, again, he did it against second-tier competition. I was interested to see how he fared against USC and he snagged his share of balls. But the Trojans were able to keep him out of the endzone.

If Davante had really lit it up against USC, and had Fresno State won that game or at least made it close, his draft prospects would probably be much better. But the Bulldogs stumbled down the break and then failed to even show up in Las Vegas.

Bottom line? I just don't know about it. Lighting up New Mexico State or San Diego State is one thing. Out muscling the likes of DICK Sherman in Seattle is another.

What you say?

LOL the Trojans didn't keep him out of the endzone
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

What you say?

One TD. He didn't exactly light it up against Josh Shaw. Or did you miss this?

What you say?

oh my god he went up to catch a high screen pass and got hit hard

btw how the hell is anybody supposed to light it up with only 200 yards passing

What you say?

oh my god he went up to catch a high screen pass and got hit hard

btw how the hell is anybody supposed to light it up with only 200 yards passing

Truer words never spoken.

What you say?

Earlier in the year i was much less certain he would declare, and was actually leaning towards him staying since you simply dont see a lot of redshirt sophmores declare, but it was always going to be a double edged sword for him. With the numbers he put up this season, and with Carr leaving it probably makes the most sense for him to follow Carr to the draft, next year at Fresno state would simply be too much of a toss up.

It is a strong WR class, but i think Adams fits a different niche than most of the other WR's coming out this year, and i think a team or two will fall in love with him and draft him in that 25-50 range. Big, physical, strong, WR, that still has a lot of room to mature and develop. He is a monster on jump balls. Seriously a monster. I dont know how better to describe it than that.

He would be a perfect replacement for Boldin if the plan is to let him walk. I love Boldin, he is one of my favorite WR's of this era, has been since he was drafted, but ultimately we have quite a few of our own guys we need to lock up and Baalkie IMO will look to the draft to cheaply sure up the WR core. Adams, and a quick shiftier WR, or a burner to compliment him and Crabtree would be my choice. I like the idea of Patton, love his attitude, but i dont know if i would bet on him at this point.

Like i said i think his measurables will all be very good except for his 40 time, which could hurt him some, but ultimately he is the type of guy that you already know isaint going to be a burner and thats not what your drafting him for.

He had two great college seasons under his belt, and he built on his rookie campaign in a way that no one really thought possible. he has 233 receptions, 3030 yards, and 38 TD's in two seasons. Say what you want about the competition, those teams did everything in their power to stop him every game, and most failed miserably.

Ultimately if i had my say, our WR core would be Crabtree/Adams/Cooks/Patton heading into next season.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
This guy is like Michael Crabtree but a bit bigger. He makes tough, contested catches and has great YAC ability. Baalke went to a Fresno State game earlier this year. My bet is he was scouting this young man. 130 plus receptions for over 1700 yards receiving and 24 TDs. Unbelievable stats. Take a look.

[ Edited by WWFGD on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Would love it if we got him and Landry...........dat hands!!
Share 49ersWebzone