There are 275 users in the forums

NCommand's First Ever Mock Draft

I'd be a happy fella. Not a single pick that I dislike, given the values at each pick, NC.
Good mock NC...My final mock will be out Monday...I hate being wrong!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM ]
Great job, NC! Makes me want to SHOUT! lol.

Really, the only thing I know for certain about this draft is that I don't know what Baalke has planned or will do.

An really, instead of Reid, you need to find a short, stocky FS who is close in size and physique to Whitner, since Baalke wants matching safetys to fool opposing offenses with.

How about drafting Tavon Austin, make him bulk up about 25 lbs, and then switching him to FS? (That would be an unexpected move.)

SO EXCITED! lol.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
not a big Reid fan but with the rest of the draft i'd be ok with him. would be happy for this to go down.

reid reportedly has been taken off some teams draft boards for medical (arthritic shoulders) reasons
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Really, the only thing I know for certain about this draft is that I don't know what Baalke has planned or will do.

An really, instead of Reid, you need to find a short, stocky FS who is close in size and physique to Whitner, since Baalke wants matching safetys to fool opposing offenses with.

How about drafting Tavon Austin, make him bulk up about 25 lbs, and then switching him to FS? (That would be an unexpected move.)

SO EXCITED! lol.

I think my three-year-old is about to hit a groth spurt. He could be Whitner's height by TC.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

SO EXCITED! lol.

I think my three-year-old is about to hit a groth spurt. He could be Whitner's height by TC.
lol. Sounds like the perfect pick.

An if he's a "groth" he'd put lots of fear into opposing WRs and TEs.

(I know, I know, it was a typo, but I couldn't resist.)
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Interesting perspective on the draft. I would lose it if we could get Tank at 61, but his projections are all over the board. I have seen late 2/early 3, but I have seen mid/late 1 much more frequently. There is soo much good talent in this draft that it should have a lot of surprises. I'm not going to be very productive at work today...
Thanks so much WRATHman44 (great name BTW). I thought I'd take a different spin and try and hone it down to who we really might pick.
If the past is the best prediction for the future, the next step in all of this is to go back and match up the private workouts with the picks we made over the past two years. I bet we find a pattern. I bet there is a correlation. I bet we could find something like, say 60% overall, we drafted players we had private workouts with (or more). Then you could break it down even further (e.g. 100% of the top 3 picks we had privte workouts with - e.g. Jenkins, CK, Aldon, etc.). This information could really help for future predictions/mock drafts.
To be frank, I didn't go through every single post to determine the entire lot of visits, etc. I just focused on that one source (Walter). That info could be incorrect. MM has been tracking as well which may be more accurate but I didn't include his work either. So this isn't the most comprehensive mock draft from this perspective but it's a start and when I was done, compared to other mocks, it seems pretty realistic.
We shall see...thanks for reading!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by krizay:
not a big Reid fan but with the rest of the draft i'd be ok with him. would be happy for this to go down.

reid reportedly has been taken off some teams draft boards for medical (arthritic shoulders) reasons
Which means he'll drop to us for sure? LOL. But this is good info...appreciate it!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Good mock NC...My final mock will be out Monday...I hate being wrong!

A hindsight mock draft. I love it!

SO EXCITED! lol.

Laughing so hard right now!!! Sure why not...we can have the shortest S tandem in the game...Whitner and Robinson baby! But now, I'm think we SHOULD trade up for Austin and convert him to FS. That's brilliant. And if we can resign Whitner to 5 more years, we'd be set!

Updated (not the picks) by cross referencing MM's tracking list of visits with draftees. Very interesting! Two sources (esp. two that mostly match) are better than one!
I'd prefer Cyprien WAY over Reid.

Looks as good as most.

Thanks.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'd prefer Cyprien WAY over Reid.

Looks as good as most.

Thanks.

Yeah, I made a little note that THAT may be the pick over Reid as well. Thanks for reviewing.
I'm a GENIUS!!!! LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm a GENIUS!!!! LOL
lol.

Seriously, congrats on a great call.

You put the pro in prognosticator.

Those of us who frequently read your posts are not totally surprised.
Share 49ersWebzone