There are 535 users in the forums

NCommand's First Ever Mock Draft

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm a GENIUS!!!! LOL
lol.

Seriously, congrats on a great call.

You put the pro in prognosticator.

Those of us who frequently read your posts are not totally surprised.

I just went with the motto...WWBD. What Would Baalke Do? :) Haha. Thanks brother...
I just went with the motto...WWBD. What Would Baalke Do? :) Haha. Thanks brother...
So Ertz is next then.

If he is, we'll have to schedule a cage match with you an MadDog.

To the death! lol
Good call on Reid!
So Ertz is next then.

To the death! lol

Since they traded up for Reid, the 31st spot will be a mystery man! Then Ertz! Wow...J Williams? Dallas decided to give it back...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So Ertz is next then.

To the death! lol

Since they traded up for Reid, the 31st spot will be a mystery man! Then Ertz! Wow...J Williams? Dallas decided to give it back...

Haha...to both of you!

Come on Ertz!
LMAO! Baalke is THE man!

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23110856/san-francisco-49ers-eric-reid-transcript?source=rss

Why didn't you guys bring him (Reid) in for a visit?

"Why would we want to advertise to the rest of the league that we have interest in a player?"

So if you ever bring anyone in for a pre-draft visit, we're assuming that's because you don't want to draft them based on the previous answer?

"You're assumption would be wrong."

You've got to reconcile with the last answer though, why would we want to advertise to the world?

"Yeah, why would we want to advertise anything? You bring guys in for different reasons. You bring guys in because you're interested in them. You bring guys in because you need to find out more about them. You bring guys in because the rest of the world thinks that those are the guys that you're interested in. So, you do these things for a lot of different reasons. You don't just bring in 30 guys that you have total interest in, otherwise, it's pretty easy to figure out which direction you're going on draft day."

He'd kick ass at poker...and he'd wear sunglasses!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM ]
NC-- you called it. Good job man!

I'm down with the pick too. Reid looks like a solid pick to replace Goldson.
NC--I've often imagined playing poker with Baalke and seeing that deadpan face hand after hand! LOL...would be impossible to get a fix on him unless he has a tic not apparent on TV.

As for Ertz...yes! And then a guy who can play NT...that would take care of the three most significant losses the niners suffered during FAcy.

Edit: In another thread folks are comparing Reid to Taylor Mays, but I just don't see any real comparison. Reid was a good cover guy, something never said about Mays. So I'm also fine with the pick...though I really liked some of the other safeties more.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
LMAO! Baalke is THE man!

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23110856/san-francisco-49ers-eric-reid-transcript?source=rss

Why didn't you guys bring him (Reid) in for a visit?

"Why would we want to advertise to the rest of the league that we have interest in a player?"

So if you ever bring anyone in for a pre-draft visit, we're assuming that's because you don't want to draft them based on the previous answer?

"You're assumption would be wrong."

He'd kick ass at poker!

That means I still have a chance !! LOL.
OK, so I'll be honest, I don't watch, let alone care about college football...until these boys become 49ers and are ready to become men/professionals. That said, I thought I'd have a little fun with you all, NCommand-style. Given that this process is clearly not a science and that we have no clue how Baalke's big board will look, I decided to take a completely different approach than most. I reviewed the private workouts we had with college players and developed picks from that board with the help of AB's big board (sorry MadDog, I didn't see your latest edition). I didn't allow for any trades. But I do anticipate some (most likely in the back end to move up into the 3rd and 4th rounds and or stockpile picks for next year).

Per Walter Football, we looked at 7 S's and 6 CB's. We also looked at 5 TE, WR, DL & OL's. We looked at 2 LB & RB's. I'd say this layout is EXACTLY what we'd expect. I recently added MM's confirmations/resources as well (see bottom).

So here it goes:
31 Eric Reid, S, LSU (6'2" 212 4.53 40)
34 Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (6'6" 249)
61 John Jenkins, NT, Georgia (6'4" 346) or Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State (6'4" 273)
74 Robert Woods, WR, USC (6'1" 190)
93 Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (5'9" 175)
128 Josh Evans, S, Florida (6'1" 207)
131 Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (6'1" 243)
157 David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State (6'5" 302)
173 Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific (6'8" 315)
180 Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (6'4" 206)
237 Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (6'5" 230)
246 Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida (6'2" 223)
252 Zach Line, RB, SMU (6'0" 232)

AB's Big Board: http://pigskinprospects.com/2013-jasons-big-board/
Walter Football 4/23 - Proof of Private Workouts (Post #102 only - thanks Rascal): http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172221-draft-players-visiting-niners-going-prodays/page7/

To keep perspective: "How many players do you personally interview before the draft?" I asked him. "Either at the combine in Indianapolis with your staff, or during one-on-one visits here at the facility, or at pro days?" Baalke did the calculations in his head. "It's probably 120 to 150 players," he said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_23098992/purdy-49ers-trent-baalke-ready-fun

I originally didn't include MM's information below. But as I reviewed MM's list it only confirmed who we may have REAL interest in. I cross-referenced MM's info below (see bolded below - in conjunction with my Mock picks) with Walter Football's references and they all match save for the following 4 players: S Eric Reid, LSU; WR Roberts Woods, USC; RB Lativius Murray, Central Florida and RB Zach Line, SMU. So perhaps Cyprien will be pick over Reid if there. He was referenced in both.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-2013-pre-draft-tracker

Quarterbacks:
Zach Maynard (Cal)
Nate Montana (West Virginia Wesleyan-Concord)
Tarik Hakmi (Louisiana Tech-San Jose)

Running Backs:
Le'Veon Bell (Michigan State), personal session at pro day (San Francisco Chronicle)
C.J. Anderson (Cal)
Joshua Brown (San Jose State)
De'Leon Eskridge (San Jose State)
Mike Manuel (Cal)
Isi Sofele (Cal)

Fullbacks:
Kameron Krebs (Cal)
Eric Stevens (Oregon-San Jose)

Wide Receivers:
Tavon Austin (West Virginia), visit, April 2 (Sacramento Bee)
Tyrone Goard (Eastern Kentucky), private workout (Scout.com)
Terrell Sinkfield (Northern Iowa), private workout (Associated Press)
Martel Moore (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Perez Ashford (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15, (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Rashad Evans (Fresno State-Hayward)
Aaron Horne (Iowa State-Oakland)
Chuck Jacobs (Utah State-Richmond)
Jamal-Rashad Patterson (Stanford)
Rashad Ross (Arizona State-Vallejo)
Mike Scott (Idaho-Palo Alto)
Drew Terrell (Stanford)
Greg Wilson (Fordham-Danville)

Tight Ends:
Travis Kelce (Cincinnati), scheduled visit (Sacramento Bee)
Zach Ertz (Stanford), workout during local pro day, April 17
Gavin Escobar (San Diego State), visit, March 18 (Draft Insider)
Matt Furstenburg (Maryland), private workout (XM/Sirius)
Keenan Brown (San Jose State)
Ryan Otten (San Jose State)
Peter Tuitupou (San Jose State)
Levine Toilolo (Stanford) attended but was not scheduled to work out.

Offensive Linemen:
Luke Marquardt (Azusa Pacific), offensive line coach Mike Solari spent extended time with him after pro day, April 11 (CSN Bay Area)
Jordan Mills (Louisiana Tech), private workout (Scout.com)
Jeremy Galten (USC-San Mateo)
David Quessenberry (San Jose State)
Sam Schwartzstein (Stanford)
Jeremy Sanders (Duquesne-Oakland)
Matt Summers-Gavin (Cal)

Defensive Linemen:
John Jenkins (Georgia), visit (NFL Network)
Quinton Dial (Alamaba), visit (Scout.com)
Lawrence Okoye (British Olympian in discus), visit, April 10 (Detroit Free Press)
Tank Carradine (Florida State), defensive line coach Jim Tomsula had dinner with him night before workout (Sacramento Bee)
Kendrick Payne (Cal)
Aaron Tipoti (Cal)
David Tuitupou (San Jose State)

Linebackers:
Kiko Alonso (Oregon), scheduled to attend 49ers local pro day, April 17 (CSN Bay Area)
Gerald Hodges (Penn State), visit (Scout.com)
Michael Clay (Oregon-San Jose)
Alex Debniak (Stanford)
Lawrence Hughes (San Diego-Oakland)
Kennith Jackson (Cal Poly-Santa Clara)
Travis Johnson (San Jose State)
Robert Mullins (Cal)
Tristan Okpalaugo (Fresno State-Livermore)
Kevin Reed (Southern Illinois-Walnut Creek)
Albert Rosette (Nevada-Antioch)
Sua Tuala (USC-San Mateo)
Chase Thomas (Stanford) attended but were not scheduled to work out.

Cornerbacks:
Tyrann Mathieu (LSU), visit, April 6 (CSN Bay Area)
D.J. Hayden (Houston), visit, April 15 (XM/Sirius)
Rashaan Melvin (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Bernard Harold (Stanford)
Allen Chapman (Kansas State)
Tyre Ellison (Cal)
Josh Hill (Cal)
Drew McAllister (USC-Danville)
Cullen Newsome (San Jose State)
James Orth (San Jose State)
Joseph Sampson (BYU-Oakland)
Ronnie Yell (San Jose State)
Joey York (San Diego-Pleasant Hill)

Safeties:
Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International), visit (Pro Football Talk)
Duke Williams (Nevada), personal session at pro day (multiple reports)
Josh Evans (Florida), private workout (Sacramento Bee)
Jahleel Addae (Central Michigan), visit (Scout.com)

Special Teams:
LS Kevin McDermott (UCLA), private workout (Draft Insider)

Punters:
Aaron Goodwin (Arkansas-Pine Bluff- San Jose)
Jackson Rice (Oregon-Moraga)
Andrew Shapiro (Fresno State-Walnut Creek)
Daniel Zychlinski (Stanford)

So far your draft is shaping up to be the most probable. We're minus the 3rd. rounder, so that be the only change, but our drafts are similar. Good job, hope yours come true if mine dont

OK, so I'll be honest, I don't watch, let alone care about college football...until these boys become 49ers and are ready to become men/professionals. That said, I thought I'd have a little fun with you all, NCommand-style. Given that this process is clearly not a science and that we have no clue how Baalke's big board will look, I decided to take a completely different approach than most. I reviewed the private workouts we had with college players and developed picks from that board with the help of AB's big board (sorry MadDog, I didn't see your latest edition). I didn't allow for any trades. But I do anticipate some (most likely in the back end to move up into the 3rd and 4th rounds and or stockpile picks for next year).

Per Walter Football, we looked at 7 S's and 6 CB's. We also looked at 5 TE, WR, DL & OL's. We looked at 2 LB & RB's. I'd say this layout is EXACTLY what we'd expect. I recently added MM's confirmations/resources as well (see bottom).

So here it goes:
31 Eric Reid, S, LSU (6'2" 212 4.53 40)
34 Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford (6'6" 249)
61 John Jenkins, NT, Georgia (6'4" 346) or Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State (6'4" 273)
74 Robert Woods, WR, USC (6'1" 190)
93 Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU (5'9" 175)
128 Josh Evans, S, Florida (6'1" 207)
131 Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn State (6'1" 243)
157 David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State (6'5" 302)
173 Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific (6'8" 315)
180 Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (6'4" 206)
237 Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (6'5" 230)
246 Latavius Murray, RB, Central Florida (6'2" 223)
252 Zach Line, RB, SMU (6'0" 232)

AB's Big Board: http://pigskinprospects.com/2013-jasons-big-board/
Walter Football 4/23 - Proof of Private Workouts (Post #102 only - thanks Rascal): http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172221-draft-players-visiting-niners-going-prodays/page7/

To keep perspective: "How many players do you personally interview before the draft?" I asked him. "Either at the combine in Indianapolis with your staff, or during one-on-one visits here at the facility, or at pro days?" Baalke did the calculations in his head. "It's probably 120 to 150 players," he said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_23098992/purdy-49ers-trent-baalke-ready-fun

I originally didn't include MM's information below. But as I reviewed MM's list it only confirmed who we may have REAL interest in. I cross-referenced MM's info below (see bolded below - in conjunction with my Mock picks) with Walter Football's references and they all match save for the following 4 players: S Eric Reid, LSU; WR Roberts Woods, USC; RB Lativius Murray, Central Florida and RB Zach Line, SMU. So perhaps Cyprien will be pick over Reid if there. He was referenced in both.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-2013-pre-draft-tracker

Quarterbacks:
Zach Maynard (Cal)
Nate Montana (West Virginia Wesleyan-Concord)
Tarik Hakmi (Louisiana Tech-San Jose)

Running Backs:
Le'Veon Bell (Michigan State), personal session at pro day (San Francisco Chronicle)
C.J. Anderson (Cal)
Joshua Brown (San Jose State)
De'Leon Eskridge (San Jose State)
Mike Manuel (Cal)
Isi Sofele (Cal)

Fullbacks:
Kameron Krebs (Cal)
Eric Stevens (Oregon-San Jose)

Wide Receivers:
Tavon Austin (West Virginia), visit, April 2 (Sacramento Bee)
Tyrone Goard (Eastern Kentucky), private workout (Scout.com)
Terrell Sinkfield (Northern Iowa), private workout (Associated Press)
Martel Moore (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Perez Ashford (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15, (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Rashad Evans (Fresno State-Hayward)
Aaron Horne (Iowa State-Oakland)
Chuck Jacobs (Utah State-Richmond)
Jamal-Rashad Patterson (Stanford)
Rashad Ross (Arizona State-Vallejo)
Mike Scott (Idaho-Palo Alto)
Drew Terrell (Stanford)
Greg Wilson (Fordham-Danville)

Tight Ends:
Travis Kelce (Cincinnati), scheduled visit (Sacramento Bee)
Zach Ertz (Stanford), workout during local pro day, April 17
Gavin Escobar (San Diego State), visit, March 18 (Draft Insider)
Matt Furstenburg (Maryland), private workout (XM/Sirius)
Keenan Brown (San Jose State)
Ryan Otten (San Jose State)
Peter Tuitupou (San Jose State)
Levine Toilolo (Stanford) attended but was not scheduled to work out.

Offensive Linemen:
Luke Marquardt (Azusa Pacific), offensive line coach Mike Solari spent extended time with him after pro day, April 11 (CSN Bay Area)
Jordan Mills (Louisiana Tech), private workout (Scout.com)
Jeremy Galten (USC-San Mateo)
David Quessenberry (San Jose State)
Sam Schwartzstein (Stanford)
Jeremy Sanders (Duquesne-Oakland)
Matt Summers-Gavin (Cal)

Defensive Linemen:
John Jenkins (Georgia), visit (NFL Network)
Quinton Dial (Alamaba), visit (Scout.com)
Lawrence Okoye (British Olympian in discus), visit, April 10 (Detroit Free Press)
Tank Carradine (Florida State), defensive line coach Jim Tomsula had dinner with him night before workout (Sacramento Bee)
Kendrick Payne (Cal)
Aaron Tipoti (Cal)
David Tuitupou (San Jose State)

Linebackers:
Kiko Alonso (Oregon), scheduled to attend 49ers local pro day, April 17 (CSN Bay Area)
Gerald Hodges (Penn State), visit (Scout.com)
Michael Clay (Oregon-San Jose)
Alex Debniak (Stanford)
Lawrence Hughes (San Diego-Oakland)
Kennith Jackson (Cal Poly-Santa Clara)
Travis Johnson (San Jose State)
Robert Mullins (Cal)
Tristan Okpalaugo (Fresno State-Livermore)
Kevin Reed (Southern Illinois-Walnut Creek)
Albert Rosette (Nevada-Antioch)
Sua Tuala (USC-San Mateo)
Chase Thomas (Stanford) attended but were not scheduled to work out.

Cornerbacks:
Tyrann Mathieu (LSU), visit, April 6 (CSN Bay Area)
D.J. Hayden (Houston), visit, April 15 (XM/Sirius)
Rashaan Melvin (Northern Illinois), private workout, March 15 (DeKalb Daily Chronicle)
Bernard Harold (Stanford)
Allen Chapman (Kansas State)
Tyre Ellison (Cal)
Josh Hill (Cal)
Drew McAllister (USC-Danville)
Cullen Newsome (San Jose State)
James Orth (San Jose State)
Joseph Sampson (BYU-Oakland)
Ronnie Yell (San Jose State)
Joey York (San Diego-Pleasant Hill)

Safeties:
Jonathan Cyprien (Florida International), visit (Pro Football Talk)
Duke Williams (Nevada), personal session at pro day (multiple reports)
Josh Evans (Florida), private workout (Sacramento Bee)
Jahleel Addae (Central Michigan), visit (Scout.com)

Special Teams:
LS Kevin McDermott (UCLA), private workout (Draft Insider)

Punters:
Aaron Goodwin (Arkansas-Pine Bluff- San Jose)
Jackson Rice (Oregon-Moraga)
Andrew Shapiro (Fresno State-Walnut Creek)
Daniel Zychlinski (Stanford)

So far your draft is shaping up to be the most probable. We're minus the 3rd. rounder, so that be the only change, but our drafts are similar. Good job, hope yours come true if mine dont
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Edit: In another thread folks are comparing Reid to Taylor Mays, but I just don't see any real comparison. Reid was a good cover guy, something never said about Mays. So I'm also fine with the pick...though I really liked some of the other safeties more.

Thanks everyone! It was my first ever mock so I feel like I'm off to a great start. BUT, I made my mock based on confirmed private workouts...so did he (Baalke) or didn't he bring him in? I think he did and they had a great interest in him and the draft just proved it. Baalke can lie by telling the truth. Eh?

Ertz is next IMHO. No question. Unless they can trade out a couple spots and still get Ertz and DL.

You still have a chance Rascal and Walter Football was accurate!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

WWBD? LOL...thanks and likewise.

Yeah, I didn't think we'd move up in the first but it turned out we had no choice and gave up very little to do it. I also predicted we'd move up a couple times up into the 2-4th rounds given all the picks we have. So yeah, you can take Robert Woods, WR, USC (6'1" 190) off the board...for now.
1- ERIC REID- Done deal, didn't think he'd be here, didn't predict it, but LOVE this pick. 2a- J. WILLIAMS- DE/NT, ALABAMA (Fills a pressing need and covers all 3 positions on DL). 2b- ZACK ERTZ- TE, STANFORD (Kills our 2nd. need to replace a big part now missing in Walker). 3a- DUKE WILLIAMS- SS, NEVADA-RENO (Learns behind Whitner, then starts next yr., very underrated and versatile) 3b- TRADED PICK AWAY 4a- QUEENSBURY- T/OL, SAN JOSE ST. (Swing tackle we need). 4b- DARIUS SLAY- CB, MISS. ST (Shut up, I can already hear the disbelief, but he has a TORN MENISCUS, and we can get a 2nd. rd. talent here, and redshirt him. When we lose Rodgers, Asoumgha, and possibly Brown and Brock next yr., you will all thank me here). 5- KYLE JUSZCYHK (Sp.)- FB/H-BACK/TE/ST. (Guy can do all this and more. Ivy pedigree doesn't hurt either). 6- CATAPLANO- DE/DT- PRINCETON (Yes we stay in the Ivy's here, and this guy was a QB/backfield rushing terror. Nice project for Tomsula). 6- TYRONE GOARD- WR- E.KENTUCKY (Development type guy for next year). 7- QUENTARIOUS SMITH- OLB/DE/PRS (Small school unknown type guy, but ask Alabama why he lived in their backfield when they played last yr.) 7- BRAD SORENSON/COLIN KLEIN- QB, SO. UTAH/KANSAS (Developmental/practice squad guy, who can be a camp arm and a gem/project for Harbaugh). 7- ZAC LINE- RB, SMU (Can be an underrated I and/or single back, underrated talent for the future) Here's mine
For the anti-Reid crowd...Harbaugh tried to recruit him to Stanford and missed, didn't miss this time. I love the fact he's been following his career for six years and knows him well.
Share 49ersWebzone