LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 239 users in the forums

Jesse Williams or Margus Hunt

Jesse Williams, 6'4, 323, Margus Hunt 6'8' 277, both should be available late first early second. It's no secret that the 49ers will select someone on the DL, which one? Add anyone else.
The Walter Football mock has the Niners taking both of those players in the 2nd round.
For the life of me I still can't understand the Margus Hunt hype. A 26 year old with little football experience who is considered "raw"? Why is this a 1st/2nd round prospect?? Lawrence Okoye is another foreigner with no football background and eye-popping measurables, and he probably won't be drafted. He's 21 years old! Why the discrepancy?

I wouldn't touch Hunt with a 10 foot pole. Sounds like someone who should be a 4th or 5th round prospect to me.
Jesse Williams on the other hand seems like a beast. I feel like he would be a star on our team.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
For the life of me I still can't understand the Margus Hunt hype. A 26 year old with little football experience who is considered "raw"? Why is this a 1st/2nd round prospect?? Lawrence Okoye is another foreigner with no football background and eye-popping measurables, and he probably won't be drafted. He's 21 years old! Why the discrepancy?

I wouldn't touch Hunt with a 10 foot pole. Sounds like someone who should be a 4th or 5th round prospect to me.

Aldon Smith was also considered raw. If I'm not mistaken, he only ever played one full season at Missouri before entering the draft.

I agree with you do, I like Williams over Hunt and I don't understand the hype. However, if Baalke selects him, I trust him. Baalke's success rate so far is much better than his failure rate.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Aldon Smith was also considered raw. If I'm not mistaken, he only ever played one full season at Missouri before entering the draft.

I agree with you do, I like Williams over Hunt and I don't understand the hype. However, if Baalke selects him, I trust him. Baalke's success rate so far is much better than his failure rate.

Yeah but Smith was a raw 21 year old.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Do u mean he was a one yr starter ???/ cause I thought NFL rules are u have to have 3 yrs of college before u can enter tha draft? ?? N yea please no old rookie hunt old N raw = H*LL NO IMO
Williams. As another poster said, I feel like he would be a beast in our defense, especially with the combination of his size, athleticism and versatility to move around on the DL.

I hear you, but I think the idea is that he has such ridiculous physical attributes. He's extremely strong and he's 6'8" and evidently he has a motor that's off the scale.
Neither

No brainer as far as I am concerned................................. Jesse Williams.
None. In the third maybe
I like both these guys. I hope they do become 9ers. I wouldn't mind a bit. If they were to pan out, we'd be set at DL for the next 5 or so years.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I like both these guys. I hope they do become 9ers. I wouldn't mind a bit. If they were to pan out, we'd be set at DL for the next 5 or so years.

At which point Hunt would be about the same age as Smith is now, lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Williams is a NT, Margus is a DE. Their both not comparable.
Share 49ersWebzone