LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

(RESULTS!) WZ Draft War Room Competition: Who ends up in a 49ers jersey?

Originally posted by teeohh:
So mad I didn't include Vance!!

I had him and took him out. It evened out because I didn't have Carradine but added him late with all the rumors about us really liking him. I didn't think we had much interest in McDonald but I guess should have known we liked him then. We interviewed/met with Kelce and Escobar so I thought we would get one of them. Like Baalke says you cant just take 30 guys you are interested and interview them, he said some are to throw teams off.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I've got 3: Reid, Tank, Lemonier... but I don't think any more of my guys are available. Still, 3 is pretty good.

Yeah, 3 is really good but this year has been a little easier. In the past we have had most people 1 and the winner had 2. Baalke's been a little more predictable this year than in the past, that's for sure. We went FS, DE, and #2 TE like many though he would in the 1st 3 picks. Or at least they though that would be the 3 positions, not necessarily in that order. We might break a record this year. I think 3 or 4 is the record... maybe 5 but 1 for sure was an udfa.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
Got McDonald and Tank. If only I hadn't taken out Reid at the last second and put in Amerson.

I still have 8 more chances to hit on more picks.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by teeohh:
So mad I didn't include Vance!!

I had him and took him out. It evened out because I didn't have Carradine but added him late with all the rumors about us really liking him. I didn't think we had much interest in McDonald but I guess should have known we liked him then. We interviewed/met with Kelce and Escobar so I thought we would get one of them. Like Baalke says you cant just take 30 guys you are interested and interview them, he said some are to throw teams off.

I've got 3: Reid, Tank, Lemonier... but I don't think any more of my guys are available. Still, 3 is pretty good.

Yeah, 3 is really good but this year has been a little easier. In the past we have had most people 1 and the winner had 2. Baalke's been a little more predictable this year than in the past, that's for sure. We went FS, DE, and #2 TE like many though he would in the 1st 3 picks. Or at least they though that would be the 3 positions, not necessarily in that order. We might break a record this year. I think 3 or 4 is the record... maybe 5 but 1 for sure was an udfa.

BOOM!!!

4 picks... Reid, Tank, Lemonier, Patton
Finally got on the board... Dial... Like Gore_21 said usually one or two picks were hit in the past... Just goes to show times have changed and how 49er fans rock and follow their team 365 days and know the draft prospects... Much respect to you all!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I had reid and changed him to hayden day before the draft

would have given me 3
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Finally got on the board... Dial... Like Gore_21 said usually one or two picks were hit in the past... Just goes to show times have changed and how 49er fans rock and follow their team 365 days and know the draft prospects... Much respect to you all!!!

Usually 3 will win it, I have been doing this for like 5 years and never have seen this many people with this many right.

I think I had Lattimore, Patton, Reid, Carradine. Wouldn't be surprised if someone had 5. Not just one poster but between us all we had all the picks up through Dial. Granted nobody had all but between us all. Seen reid, carradine, mcdonald, lemonier, patton, lattimore and dial. Didn't check but doubt anyone had Moody, Daniels, the Tackle or Cooper. Unbelievable guys. It was a bit easier with so many high picks but most knocked this out of the park. I will dig up last year's thread see how many the winner had.

LAST YEAR'S WINNER WAS TIED FOR 2!!! WOW, WE HAVE 2 GUYS WITH 4 FOR SURE, A LOT WITH 3... ALSO, 31 JOINED, ONLY 16 LAST YEAR
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/165056-49ers-draft-contest-results-winner-tie-brucebossnj-vasco49er/search=Gore_21

Lieut, can you please look at the 1st page of my post in the link above and when you do a leader board make it something like that. Doesn't have to be exactly but it makes it easy to read. I would edit your first post and put the results in there. Put up everyone's names, put their score then re-arrange by most to least. If you want to go above and beyond say how many each pick had. Like 15 of 31 had Reid, 5 of 31 had Carradine or whatever the #s are. That's if you want to, don't have to that would take extra time. Think I said that because I counted them as we drafted them. Would be much harder if you count them all at once to do it that way. Edit: Some of you probably had Lawrence Okoye and Luke Marquardt. Nice job to those that do but UDFA's have never counted in the game.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM ]
I only got one. Lattimore. Took reid out and added lotulelei when all the rumors of moving up started. Right now after looking i noticed i had Alford listed twice. Could have used that extra spot to list lotulelei and keep reid. Oh well.

I did have Mcdermott listed, But he doesnt count because we picked him up as UDFA. Think i was the only one with him even on the radar though.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
I can look at this stuff tomorrow. Should be fun adding up the scores. Bummed that my guys Marquardt and Okoye don't count for this game, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone got 6. None of Reid, Tank, McDonald, Lemonier, Patton, or Lattimore were completely out of left field. If someone put two of three first round safeties, plus Kelce/McDonald/Escobar (which is what I did), plus Tank after the Barrows article, plus Lattimore (an obvious fit; I imagine several entries had him as the only RB), plus a handful of WRs, boom there's 5.
BOOM!!!

I had 4 as well... Reid, Tank, Patton and Lattimore. If we are the only ones with 4 I have you on the tie breaker with Lattimore being a later pick than Patton. Didn't care if I won or lost though had fun playing this and always have. I also got Marquardt but he was an UDFA. A handful of people had Marquardt and some had Okoye. Overall just impressed, so many people had 2 and 3, a few 4. Last year I only had AJ Jenkins. I put up the link, last year's winner was tied with 2 and most had 0, a few had 1 and a few had 2. I think posters are starting to figure out we will end up with at least 1 to 2 of the guys who visit.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
BOOM!!!

I had 4 as well... Reid, Tank, Patton and Lattimore. If we are the only ones with 4 I have you on the tie breaker with Lattimore being a later pick than Patton. Didn't care if I won or lost though had fun playing this and always have. I also got Marquardt but he was an UDFA. A handful of people had Marquardt and some had Okoye. Overall just impressed, so many people had 2 and 3, a few 4. Last year I only had AJ Jenkins. I put up the link, last year's winner was tied with 2 and most had 0, a few had 1 and a few had 2. I think posters are starting to figure out we will end up with at least 1 to 2 of the guys who visit.

You win, with Marquardt IMO! I'm kinda miffed as to why I forgot about Lattimore. Still, for is pretty good!

I didn't play but based on my mock, I had 3 in Reid, Tank and Marquardt (if you count) but did a much better job identifying the needs and their priorities in order (even though we picked up different players b/c of all the trades). I picked FS, DE and TE, WR. etc. Not bad for my first ever and knowing nothing about college football. LOL
  • kent
  • Veteran
Great picks Gore_21 and NinerBuff. Thanks for arranging LieutKaffee.
Sorry for the delay, folks. Thanks to the 31 people who participated. Finally ready to announce the results. But first, some honorable mentions:

• I'm tempted to say "woe is me" for putting Marquardt and Okoye only to have the team sign them as UDFA, but the truth is several contestants listed them, particularly Okoye, who was a popular choice. I want to single out KezarLivin and pwillis52beasty, who took fliers on MarQuies Gray and Patrick Omameh, respectively. They finished with 2 points and 3 points, just out of the money, but that is some fine digging, fellas! If we had drafted Omameh where we drafted Bykowski, pwillis52beasty would be our champ.
  • Much to my surprise (because I didn't look through all the entries until just now), four contestants had the wherewithal to list a player I had to google immediately upon his selection, Quinton Dial: TexasNiner, niners9, m_brockalexander, BigYellowKahuna. For the latter two contestants, Dial was their only correct pick!
  • Speaking of "only correct pick," nine contestants came in with exactly 1 point. The most popular savior pick among these woeful entries was Lattimore, who bailed out three contestants (Vasco49er, IdahoNiner, smithc28). Reid, like Dial, showed up in two such entries (ChaunceyGardner, genewashingtonnj). Yours truly was the only poor b*****d whose only correct pick was Vance McDonald (in total, five people listed McDonald).
  • I saved the best for last, among the 1-point entries. highway49, through some miracle, got every single pick wrong except Marcus freakin Cooper! Wow. This guy made some obscure picks, but at least one panned out with the 49ers' version of Mr. Irrelevant.
  • I am saddened to report that, yes, one person (out of 31, not bad) was shut out. 9moon, please stand up. In his defense, he was also the only contestant to stop at 19 guesses. If you had just made one more pick, you had 11 chances at getting it right, bro.
  • Finally, before moving on to the finalists, an honorable mention shout-out to the six contestants who tied for the second-highest total with 3: AllTimeGreat, theninermaniac, blm7754, pwillis52beasty, OldJoe, miked1978. The six entries were remarkably similar, as all six listed Carradine, and five each went with Reid and Lattimore. Based on our tiebreaker rules the latest pick any of them got was Lattimore, but that still produces a five-way tie. AllTimeGreat leads this pack on the second tiebreaker, by being the only one of the five Lattimore-pickers to go Tank/McDonald/Lattimore rather than Reid/Tank/Lattimore.
  • Now without further ado, I present to you the four contestants who scored 4 points:

4th place: NinerBuff (Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Quinton Patton)
3rd place: WRATHman44 (Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Vance McDonald, Marcus Lattimore)
2nd place: Gore_21 (Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Quinton Patton, Marcus Lattimore)

GRAND PRIZE WINNER

1st place: TexasNiner (Eric Reid, Tank Carradine, Quinton Patton, Quinton Dial)

Disclaimer: The foregoing is subject to revision if someone correctly points out a scorekeeping error on my behalf.
But, But, But,.....I had Mcdermott....

Congrats guys. Great picks.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
But, But, But,.....I had Mcdermott....

Congrats guys. Great picks.

I actually should have given you props for that along the lines of the MarQuies Gray pick by another contestant. Sorry I missed it!
Share 49ersWebzone