LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

I have a serious "Man Crush" on Marqise Lee

Originally posted by Geeked:
Trojan Alum and big time fan. I like to think I'm partial regarding the players.

Lee is playing the wrong position. He's a corner / nickle back. His hands are inconsistent. For every big play he has 10 not so great ones (drops, dancing for negative yards....)

Lee needs to stay another year but he also needs to be on the defensive side of the ball.

If the Trojans end up getting Dyruter, I see this happening immediately.

I kinda see a lot of Patrick Peterson in Lee.

The reigning Biletnikoff winner is playing out of position?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Tavon Austin>Lee

Being a Pac-12 guy i have watched alot of Lee and do really like him, however if we miss out on him, a person I would like to see the niners target would be Brandin Cooks from Oregon State.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Is "serious" necessary in the thread title?
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9591974/usc-receiver-heisman-trophy-candidate-marqise-lee-journey-inglewood-california-heights-college-football

An awesome Grantland piece about Marqise Lee. There is no question about his work ethic and talent.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tavon Austin>Lee

tavon loks to be the biggest disapppointment of round 1 in the 2013 nfl draft...he could be this years lamichael james
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
The reigning Biletnikoff winner is playing out of position?

Yep, he was awesome when Woods was getting most of the attention (look at what Woods is doing in Buffalo), but when he gets too much heat he freezes and dances.

Granted, Kiffin had him running the bubble screen for 90% of his touches and roughly 80% of all offensive plays called, but this season has shown a lot of what concerned me about Lee last year.

Also keep in mind there are a lot of award winners that have been a product of circumstance rather than overall talent.

I'm a Trojan, I'm also a Trojan who has always thought MB7 was WAY overrated. It's going to be a short NFL career for that Lock On, color blind QB.
The only answer is Mike Evans of A&M. this is by far the best WR in college, with the Niners draft picks we may even be able to get him. I havent seen a WR like this guy since Andre johnson coming out of college. He even has he body control of C. johnson. Man I would love for him to be a NINER
Originally posted by rwkenny:
Being a Pac-12 guy i have watched alot of Lee and do really like him, however if we miss out on him, a person I would like to see the niners target would be Brandin Cooks from Oregon State.
I agree with this and can be had in the 2nd. Cooks is a baller, regardless of size, he gets open and makes plays. Defenses this year know he's Oregon State's only threat and he keeps making plays over and over again. Kid reminds me of a mix of Desean Jackson and Antonio Brown.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Draft him

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tavon Austin>Lee

Pretty accurate representation of Tavon Austin's career so far:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Damn, that was just pitiful. Austin needs to watch European fooball. They have flopping down to a science.

Personally, Lee is my most favorite college receiver. He may be raw in certain areas, but his physical attributes are undeniable.

These are highlights so obviously he is going to look good on every place. It does showcase his ability to set down his route, and find soft zones. After the catch he is a menace. He can replicate this in the pro's because it's all finesse. He also has the ability to feign cuts without losing stride which easily turns the DB. He reminds me of Dez Bryant without the problems, and an unstoppable will to succeed.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Damn, that was just pitiful. Austin needs to watch European fooball. They have flopping down to a science.

Personally, Lee is my most favorite college receiver. He may be raw in certain areas, but his physical attributes are undeniable.

I'm on the Sammy Watkins bandwagon but I would not be mad at all if we landed Lee and he's actually one of my favorite WRs in the draft besides Sammy. He'll probably be more in reach for us as well since Sammy is looking like a top 10 if not top 5 lock right now for next years draft. I also really like Odell Beckham Jr!
So i dont watch much college ball but i am watchin tha cal vs usc game today an they were talkin about lee N how tha usc coachs have him on a play count of about 30 plays a game cause after that he starts making mental mistakes ... dose that worry anyone ????everyone seems to want him N even trade up to get him......
Share 49ersWebzone