Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Tavon Austin>Lee

Pretty accurate representation of Tavon Austin's career so far:

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by eonblue:

Damn, that was just pitiful. Austin needs to watch European fooball. They have flopping down to a science.

Personally, Lee is my most favorite college receiver. He may be raw in certain areas, but his physical attributes are undeniable.

I'm on the Sammy Watkins bandwagon but I would not be mad at all if we landed Lee and he's actually one of my favorite WRs in the draft besides Sammy. He'll probably be more in reach for us as well since Sammy is looking like a top 10 if not top 5 lock right now for next years draft. I also really like Odell Beckham Jr!

I agree. I'd love to move up to get Watkins or Lee. Lee would cost less so that might make more sense but either would be sweet.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Yup Marquise Lee or Sammy Watkins be dope!
I hope Harbaugh has a bigger crush watching Lee against Stanford.
I hope Lee's down year is enough to keep him out of the top 10. He's the guy I really want. He makes it look easy and could benefit playing opposite Crabtree.
The Trojan offense was how I envision the Niners being if we got Lee. Sub in Crabs for Agholar, Gore for Buck Allen, and Kap for Kessler. Very balanced, very efficient.
Marqise was a warrior in that game. No, he didn't have great stats in the game, but I was impressed with his ability to gut through his injury to make couple clutch catches.
Is he dropping? We need to pounce
Wait a minute... do you have a MAN CRUSH on him or a Draft Crush? Just trying to make sure I know exactly what you mean.
I have not seen any games of his, this highlight reel really shows off USC's speed though. He has down field blockers out running the defenses right there with him in nearly every highlight.

The fact he is not blowing by his blockers means he is probably not in his "third" gear in a lot of those highlights.

I have not seen any games of his, this highlight reel really shows off USC's speed though. He has down field blockers out running the defenses right there with him in nearly every highlight.

The fact he is not blowing by his blockers means he is probably not in his "third" gear in a lot of those highlights.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Tavon Austin>Lee

Welcome to the NFC West hahaha. The funniest part is how fast he gets up like nothing happened.
Lee appears to be falling in the rankings. ESPN now has him ranked #23. CBS Draft Scout ranks him #28. It appears that faster timed players like Beckham and Cooks have overtaken him, possibly making him the 5th WR to be taken in the draft.

If by some freak occurrence he falls to 30, he has to be the pick. CB can wait until the 2nd round if this happens.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 5, 2014 at 12:05 AM ]
Keep dropping... I still believe Evans and Lee are near the top of our list. If either of them start to hang around too long on draft day, Baalke could be looking to swoop in and grab them.
Originally posted by strickac:
Keep dropping... I still believe Evans and Lee are near the top of our list. If either of them start to hang around too long on draft day, Baalke could be looking to swoop in and grab them.
It seems like even if we stay at 30 we should still end up with Lee, Evans or Benjamin being available. I know Benjamin is the more raw of the 3, but honestly, any of them would make me very happy.

How do you guys all rank the potential round 1 WRs?
Share 49ersWebzone