There are 169 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft - Version 1.0 (03/20/2013)

I don't think Rogers will be around in the 3rd round, especially after his impressive Pro Day. I know that several mock drafts have him listed there, but as they update, you'll see him firmly entrenched in the 2nd round. To tell the truth I'd rather have him over Ertz.

I also want no part of Collin Klein, he doesn't impress me in the slightest and there's no way he's a QB at the next level. His unwillingness to participate with the TE's in the Combine shows me he's another nut who fancies himself a quarterback despite lacking the ability to actually to pass the ball.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think Rogers will be around in the 3rd round, especially after his impressive Pro Day. I know that several mock drafts have him listed there, but as they update, you'll see him firmly entrenched in the 2nd round. To tell the truth I'd rather have him over Ertz.

I also want no part of Collin Klein, he doesn't impress me in the slightest and there's no way he's a QB at the next level. His unwillingness to participate with the TE's in the Combine shows me he's another nut who fancies himself a quarterback despite lacking the ability to actually to pass the ball.

I completely agree. Da'Rick Rogers will likely go higher now. You'll probably see the adjustment when I do my next mock in a few weeks.

As for Collin Klein, I'm not totally sold on him, but I was looking for a late round QB who could fit our offense. And with Jim Harbaugh coaching him, who knows what he's capable of?
The drafts on the Zone have been so good because the draft is deep. The unanswered question is will Baalke trade up, we'll find out April 25th.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The drafts on the Zone have been so good because the draft is deep. The unanswered question is will Baalke trade up, we'll find out April 25th.

If you mean will he trade up in a huge blockbuster for a high 1st, I think the answer is no. That would require liquidating most of our high picks. The late-1st through 3rd is where we want to be picking, so I don't think you want to trade all those golden picks for ONE top prospect, when we could use a lot of new prospects.

The "trading up" that I envision is using the lower picks to maneuver a bit higher in the 2nd and 3rd rounds depending on whom we are targeting.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I completely agree. Da'Rick Rogers will likely go higher now. You'll probably see the adjustment when I do my next mock in a few weeks.

As for Collin Klein, I'm not totally sold on him, but I was looking for a late round QB who could fit our offense. And with Jim Harbaugh coaching him, who knows what he's capable of?

If I may, take a look at Colby Cameron from Louisiana Tech. I watched a ton of Louisiana Tech this year, hence my fascination with Patton but I like Cameron as a late pick as well. He'll be available in the 7th as well, has good mobility, but offers a lot more potential as a passer. He's under-sized, doesn't have the arm strength.....etc...etc.....but he's got a rapid-fire throwing motion, a very smart guy, tremendous leader, great at reading defenses, doesn't turn the ball over much, his ceiling is probably a quality backup but in the 7th, that's all you are really looking for. He's a native California guy as well, just a tremendously productive college quarterback.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If I may, take a look at Colby Cameron from Louisiana Tech. I watched a ton of Louisiana Tech this year, hence my fascination with Patton but I like Cameron as a late pick as well. He'll be available in the 7th as well, has good mobility, but offers a lot more potential as a passer. He's under-sized, doesn't have the arm strength.....etc...etc.....but he's got a rapid-fire throwing motion, a very smart guy, tremendous leader, great at reading defenses, doesn't turn the ball over much, his ceiling is probably a quality backup but in the 7th, that's all you are really looking for.

Thanks for the tip.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
If you mean will he trade up in a huge blockbuster for a high 1st, I think the answer is no. That would require liquidating most of our high picks. The late-1st through 3rd is where we want to be picking, so I don't think you want to trade all those golden picks for ONE top prospect, when we could use a lot of new prospects.

The "trading up" that I envision is using the lower picks to maneuver a bit higher in the 2nd and 3rd rounds depending on whom we are targeting.
Teams without decent quarterbacks get desperate by the end of the first and the beginning of the second. They could conceivably get a teams first next year. I could see the Niners trading their first and low second or third to move up in the twenties if they have someone targeted.
I know some of these picks might not be available where I have them slotted to go, but you never know? I did the best I could to be realistic. I might do one or two more before draft night? Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate the feedback!

Everyone on the WZ should use MD's placement for their mocks. Not only because he's been as accurate or more accurate than other experts in the past, but mostly because it gives us all a common platform and then when we debate mocks we can at least debate the picks rather than debate who will or won't be there.

With all due respect to MD, I use a combination of sources.

As did I when I do them...He's usually pretty good though. There's very few players that are more than a round or half a round different than where he has them when I did mine in the past.

For PT, Washington is a great example. MD expects him to be gone late 3rd, but most sources I've heard have him 4-6th.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I know some of these picks might not be available where I have them slotted to go, but you never know? I did the best I could to be realistic. I might do one or two more before draft night? Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate the feedback!

Everyone on the WZ should use MD's placement for their mocks. Not only because he's been as accurate or more accurate than other experts in the past, but mostly because it gives us all a common platform and then when we debate mocks we can at least debate the picks rather than debate who will or won't be there.

With all due respect to MD, I use a combination of sources.

As did I when I do them...He's usually pretty good though. There's very few players that are more than a round or half a round different than where he has them when I did mine in the past.

For PT, Washington is a great example. MD expects him to be gone late 3rd, but most sources I've heard have him 4-6th.

Exactly!
Share 49ersWebzone