LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft - Version 1.0 (03/20/2013)

Trade:

WR Anquan Boldin

Free Agency:

DL Glenn Dorsey

SS Craig Dahl

K Phil Dawson

WR Marlon Moore

LB Dan Skuta

CB Nnamdi Asomugha (Prediction)

Draft
1 31 (31) DT Jesse WilliamsAlabama (6'4", 323 lbs)

2 2 (34) TE Zach ErtzStanford (6'5", 249 lbs)

** from Kansas City Chiefs

2 31 (61) FS Phillip ThomasFresno St. (6'1", 208 lbs)

3 12 (74) WR Da'Rick Rogers - Tennessee Tech (6'3", 217 lbs)

** from Carolina Panthers

3 31 (93) C Brian SchwenkeCalifornia (6'3", 314 lbs)

4 31 (128) RB Marcus LattimoreSouth Carolina (5'11", 221 lbs)

4 34 (131) CB Tharold SimonLSU (6'2", 202 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

5 24 (157) DE Cornelius WashingtonGeorgia (6'5" 265 lbs)

** from Indianapolis Colts

5 31 (164) WR Connor VernonDuke (6'0", 196 lbs)

6 12 (180) ILB Vince WilliamsFlorida St. (6'1", 247 lbs)

** from Miami Dolphins

7 21 (227) CB Rod Sweeting – Georgia Tech (5'11", 189 lbs)

** from Cincinnati Bengals

7 31 (237) K Brett Maher - Nebraska (6'0", 186 lbs)

7 40 (246) QB Collin KleinKansas St. (6'5", 226 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

7 46 (252) DE Glenn Foster - Illinois (6'4", 286 lbs)

** Compensatory pick

If the draft went down like that I'm sure many in the zone including myself would be very excited. I bet baalke though has some obscure guys that we have very little knowledge on high on his draft board and may skip over some of the more popular names in the zone.

On another note I have a gut feeling that Mr Rodgers is going to go way higher then that possibly early 2nd round.
I think we need another pass rusher, probably more than a DT.
Pretty good. I probably would like to add another CB or a OLB over Lattimore. And yeah I think Rodgers will be gone by the 3rd but he could be there.
id be down with that
I'd take Tank Carradine over any DT/DE that will be in the end of 1st round range

We don't need a space eater w/ our 1st rd pick...we need a pass/run stuffing beast who can get to the qb.

Tank Carradine is the guy to get. he'd be going much higher if he didn't get hurt
I LOVE this mock. My favorite by FAR! Congrats!

Jesse Williams is an awesome pick. He is NOT just a space eater. He is capable of physically dominating anywhere along the line. He is the kind of guy that can collapse the pocket and has the athleticism to get off blocks and make plays.

Zach Ertz could fill D. Walker's role and would be a better red-zone target.

Philip Thomas is a solid choice to replace Goldson.

Da'Rick Rogers is an awesome pick.... but I HIGHLY doubt he makes it to 74. I would take him at 61. Then if Thomas falls to 74, great.... if not, pick Bacarri Rambo (FS). Or package our two 3rd rounders to move up into the 2nd round and get Thomas that way (we don't really need a Center anyway).
This took a lot of time. While not very exciting I will give you the picks I love and loathe.

Love
34- Zach Ertz
74 Rogers- I doubt he drops to mid round 4.
128 Lattimore- I hope he drops to the 4th

Loathe-
31- With the signing of Ian Williams to a two year extension and Glen Dorsey who eats up space but does not get to the ball carrier, this is a head scratcher. Datone Jones, or Marcus Hunt at this pick. You need ability to actually get to the qb. Remember Russel Wilson can scramble.
3rd round Schwenke- I would take a back up swing OT. Kilgore, Looney have been taking reps at center. I watched Schenke at Cal and was not overly impressed.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
I'd take Tank Carradine over any DT/DE that will be in the end of 1st round range

We don't need a space eater w/ our 1st rd pick...we need a pass/run stuffing beast who can get to the qb.

Tank Carradine is the guy to get. he'd be going much higher if he didn't get hurt

Carradine isn't a natural fit at 3-4 DE. He could make the switch, but he's coming off an ACL injury as well. Too much risk for an early pick. I'd look at him if he fell to 61 or 74... but a team that runs a 4-3 will take him before then.

Jesse Williams isn't a space eater. Yes, he's big, but very athletic for his size. He is also an inside pass-rusher.

We have 4 lineman w/ their hands down when its passing situations. If you remember last year Baalke was rumored to want Bruce Irvin to line up on the other side of Aldon to attack the qb....we didn't get Irvin but Tank Carradine would fit that role
Originally posted by 9erred:
This took a lot of time. While not very exciting I will give you the picks I love and loathe.

Love
34- Zach Ertz
74 Rogers- I doubt he drops to mid round 4.
128 Lattimore- I hope he drops to the 4th

Loathe-
31- With the signing of Ian Williams to a two year extension and Glen Dorsey who eats up space but does not get to the ball carrier, this is a head scratcher. Datone Jones, or Marcus Hunt at this pick. You need ability to actually get to the qb. Remember Russel Wilson can scramble.
3rd round Schwenke- I would take a back up swing OT. Kilgore, Looney have been taking reps at center. I watched Schenke at Cal and was not overly impressed.

I too would prefer Datone Jones, but he'll be gone by 31.

But have you even watched video on Jesse Williams, or did you just see 6'4" 323 and think he's a slow fatty that just clogs the middle? He is very athletic and he can move. He ran the 40 in 4.94.... that is fast for a guy that is 323. That is Shariff Floyd fast (who is only 294).
Originally posted by iLL49er:
We have 4 lineman w/ their hands down when its passing situations. If you remember last year Baalke was rumored to want Bruce Irvin to line up on the other side of Aldon to attack the qb....we didn't get Irvin but Tank Carradine would fit that role

Well, that's Ahmad Brooks role (who is a better pass rusher than most on here give him credit for). I wouldn't complain if we took a guy like Tank to be a situational pass rusher, but we can't be spending 1st round picks on situational guys. We need every-down players that early in the draft.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Well, that's Ahmad Brooks role (who is a better pass rusher than most on here give him credit for). I wouldn't complain if we took a guy like Tank to be a situational pass rusher, but we can't be spending 1st round picks on situational guys. We need every-down players that early in the draft.

he'll develop into an every down player. he's shown he's strong against the run. he could replace ray mcdonald down the line or whatever. just a hunch based on the fact that they'd like to put another pass rushing monster across from Aldon. Yes Brooks is solid but we can always improve

i don't see the niners using their 1st rd pick on a NT/DT...they will go DE or CB in my opinion.

Safety will also be something they will pick later
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
you have the makings of a GM, your Madden Teams must be unbeatable
Share 49ersWebzone