LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

If all these players are available at #30 who do you pick and why

If all these players are available at #30 who do you pick and why

Im torn between Hill, a RG ,Jenkins And fleener obviously ppl get drafted and it narrows it down but if all theses optoins where there what would you do Hypothetically.
[ Edited by westcoastchamp on Mar 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
depends who else we get in FA. If we get Davis to play RG, we wait till the 3rd round to pick up a guard. If not, we go after one in the first. If we get Lloyd, we Wait till round 2-3 for a WR. It all depends what happens from here till the draft.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
depends who else we get in FA. If we get Davis to play RG, we wait till the 3rd round to pick up a guard. If not, we go after one in the first. If we get Lloyd, we Wait till round 2-3 for a WR. It all depends what happens from here till the draft.

Lets Just say with what we have now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
At the moment we have no need for Jenkins, so he's out.
We have no need a for SS because Whitner is locked in for another 2 years.

Those are players I would not pick unless it was strictly BPA and couldn't find a trade partner

Fleener would be a luxury pick if he is there so adding him is only a positive.

If Konz is available he trumps every other RG, as they say all centers are guards but not all guards are centers. He could start right away at guard and kick inside to center the minute Goodwin goes down or his play falls off.

Hill helps fill a glaring need so he would probably win out due to his potential and still likely able to contribute immediate as a backup for Moss on day 1. So I would still put Hill in front Konz at the moment.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM ]
That would be a no brainer. DeCastro is easily the highest rated on your list and an area of need for the Niners. We are bound to get one of either Manningham, Royal or Robinson which makes for a pretty good receiving corp. Crabtree/Moss/Manningham-Royal-Robinson is a big upgrade from last year.

DeCastro becomes an instant starter and shores up our OL which gave up a lot of pressure up the gut last year. Plus Alex is MUCH more dangerous when he's not pressured.
Originally posted by sfout:
At the moment we have no need for Jenkins, so he's out.
We have no need a for SS because Whitner is locked in for another 2 years.

Those are players I would not pick unless it was strictly BPA and couldn't find a trade partner

Fleener would be a luxury pick if he is there so adding him is only a positive.

If Konz is available he trumps every other RG, as they say all centers are guards but not all guards are centers. He could start right away at guard and kick inside to center the minute Goodwin goes down or his play falls off.

Hill helps fill a glaring need so he would probably win out due to his potential and still likely able to contribute immediate as a backup for Moss on day 1. So I would still put Hill in front Konz at the moment.

cool ty for feed back not real up to date on all the players and how the rank against each other so i am with you on Konz pick
Originally posted by pete98146:
That would be a no brainer. DeCastro is easily the highest rated on your list and an area of need for the Niners. We are bound to get one of either Manningham, Royal or Robinson which makes for a pretty good receiving corp. Crabtree/Moss/Manningham-Royal-Robinson is a big upgrade from last year.

DeCastro becomes an instant starter and shores up our OL which gave up a lot of pressure up the gut last year. Plus Alex is MUCH more dangerous when he's not pressured.

Robison signed with JAC 32 mil
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
Robison signed with JAC 32 mil

Dang! Hard to keep track of all the signings especially with ESPN banned on my work server. Too bad, I liked him. Fingers crossed for Manningham.
As of right now (3/14/12) Decastro is a no brianer since we lost Snyder. If we sign Davis to fill Snyder's place, then Fleener or Hill. We still need a WR as of now, but if we sign another WR, then Fleener. The reason being that after next season Walker is a free agent. If you look at what the niner's are doing, they are fielding a basketball team 6-6 guard 6-4 wr, they are looking at Mario M,
Originally posted by WildBill:
As of right now (3/14/12) Decastro is a no brianer since we lost Snyder. If we sign Davis to fill Snyder's place, then Fleener or Hill. We still need a WR as of now, but if we sign another WR, then Fleener. The reason being that after next season Walker is a free agent. If you look at what the niner's are doing, they are fielding a basketball team 6-6 guard 6-4 wr, they are looking at Mario M,

Mario is only 6 ft tall

what seperates hill from chaz?
Originally posted by westcoastchamp:
what seperates hill from chaz?

You have to stop comparing pros to potential pros.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cordy Glenn or David DeCastro will be the pick now. Sorry folks, we gotta take Streeter in the 2nd or 3rd, Hill will not be in reach.

Yes, I hope I'm wrong.
Hill.

The WR position is hardly better than it was last year, and Randy Moss is much older than Morgan so it needs young talent quickly. I feel like Al Davis because I'm in on the physical tools alone, speed baby. I'm hoping that he has better than a 50% chance of panning out, so we're rolling the dice, but he could land an elite WR. Also, I'm not against trading up if necessary.
Pretty good odds Glenn won't be there and a lock DeCastro won't be there. One of the better guard prospects to come out in a decade. Jenkins is probably out because we have 6 CBs already and will only keep 5 with one going to the PS. Don't see the need in drafting a CB in the 1st.

My choice at 30 though is...
Wright (if he falls to us), Fleener, trade down & pick up extra 3rd (then take Zeitler or WR), Hill (bit of a project), Glenn, Konz
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone