LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Do we trade up for Floyd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BHWCTxm3g

Ultimate Michael Floyd hightlight video. According to the source.
draft room forum

but ya i agree i would love to trade up for him has both speed and size to be a #1 WR
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:26 AM ]
f**k no. Sanu is pretty similar to Floyd, he can be had a lot later and doesn't have the off-the-field concerns that Floyd does. Sanu+Kendall Reyes in the 2nd>>Floyd. Fleener+Streeter>>Floyd. Giving up extra picks for anyone but Luck in this draft would be dumb.
I hate the thought of losing picks though. Watched that clip, damn hes good.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

it would be different if were multiple ieces away frombeing a complete team

if we resign brooks rogers alex snyder (although could be upgraded hes solid) then were 1 piece away from being a complete team

that peice is WR and thats when we trade up

floyd is a talent

he didnt have a drop all season so he has great hands and body position great RZ target and hes a beast at getting YAC and working the middle of the field

perfect WCO target thats why i would trade up to get him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

if we resign brooks rogers alex snyder (although could be upgraded hes solid) then were 1 piece away from being a complete team

floyd is a talent

he didnt have a drop all season so he has great hands and body position great RZ target and hes a beast at getting YAC and working the middle of the field

OR, they could get a WR with their pick in the 1st or 2nd round and then use the other pick on someone else who could actually contribute..........
Originally posted by ace49ers:

floyd is a talent

We still need a RG. Without one we have to keep Chilo for depth. And we all know what happens when he plays.

Also - and I am not disagreeing with your point - re-signing all the guys you mention plus Ginn (a must) and Goldson and possibly Grant is a big reach. I think we will need to replace Grant and Brooks as they will become too expensive.

I simply don't think we are a strong enough team in depth to throw everything (slight exaggeration) at getting one player.
Originally posted by English:
We still need a RG. Without one we have to keep Chilo for depth. And we all know what happens when he plays.

Also - and I am not disagreeing with your point - re-signing all the guys you mention plus Ginn (a must) and Goldson and possibly Grant is a big reach. I think we will need to replace Grant and Brooks as they will become too expensive.

I simply don't think we are a strong enough team in depth to throw everything (slight exaggeration) at getting one player.

even if we lose brooks there are a lot of OLB targets agree about RG though

i would love to trade up for floyd and would not be uhappy one bit

but my dream draft is getting fleener in 1st mcnutt/dwight jones or streeter in 2nd

and then pick up a RG in 3rd (for depth possible starter later) and keep snyder goldson rogers etc

we may not be able to keep brooks but theyre a lot of FA OLBs out there
Originally posted by English:

even if we lose brooks there are a lot of OLB targets agree about RG though

i would love to trade up for floyd and would not be uhappy one bit

but my dream draft is getting fleener in 1st mcnutt/dwight jones or streeter in 2nd

and then pick up a RG in 3rd (for depth possible starter later) and keep snyder goldson rogers etc

we may not be able to keep brooks but theyre a lot of FA OLBs out there

Oh agreed but they will still cost us. Not megabucks but it all counts.

Personally I want to see a minimum of three new wide receivers after the draft. And I think we need more depth all round the house. That being said I could get excited about picking up Flord, or pretty much any big receiver. Or any receiver at all!
No trading up...

In no particular order you have...

Blackmon
K. Wright
Sanu
Jeffery
Floyd

We can sit tight and one of these will fall to us. But really we don't need a 1st round WR. WR talent is deep this year.

I love the following

Juron Criner - Arizona
Jarrett Boykin - Va Tech
Ryan Boyles - Oklahoma
Jeff Fuller - Texas A&M
BJ Cunningham - Michigan State
Nick Toon - Wisconsin

floyd is a talent

I'm sure the Falcons thought the exact same thing. "No seriously, we have all the pieces, let's make this trade, we'll get a title out of it."

Trading picks away is almost always dumb. I don't see anything spectacular about Floyd that makes him worth a butt-load of draft picks to trade up for. 49ers will still have holes to fill and need every pick they can get, especially the higher picks. Keep in mind that this team was essentially injury free this season. What happens next season if Justin Smith goes down for extended time, or Carlos Rogers, Goldson? Iupati? The 49ers don't have the luxury to just throw draft picks in the garbage.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

floyd is a talent

I'm sure the Falcons thought the exact same thing. "No seriously, we have all the pieces, let's make this trade, we'll get a title out of it."

Trading picks away is almost always dumb. I don't see anything spectacular about Floyd that makes him worth a butt-load of draft picks to trade up for. 49ers will still have holes to fill and need every pick they can get, especially the higher picks. Keep in mind that this team was essentially injury free this season. What happens next season if Justin Smith goes down for extended time, or Carlos Rogers, Goldson? Iupati? The 49ers don't have the luxury to just throw draft picks in the garbage.

cant compare our team witht he falcons first of all we have a much better defense

the falcons dont have an o line we do

i dont know why they thought they had a all the pieces but they didnt and it was even obvious from there season in 2010
cant compare our team witht he falcons first of all we have a much better defense

the falcons dont have an o line we do

i dont know why they thought they had a all the pieces but they didnt and it was even obvious from there season in 2010

Eitherway, its a dumb idea. 49ers had an injury free season, an easy schedule and had some nice bounces that resulted in them not having to play in New Orleans and having the NFC Championship Game at home. The defense is what brought them there, they need to continue to focus on improving that and enhancing depth. Receivers can be found literally anywhere, pretty sure the Giants found Victor Cruz on a street corner. People are getting obsessed with receivers when this teams main need is red-zone offense and improved third down conversion on offense. That can be achieved with a tight-end like Fleener, and a WR picked in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Otherwise the emphasis should go on strengthening the defense, depth at DL, depth OR starter at OLB if Brooks bails, depth at FS....etc.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If we re-sign all of our key FAs: Alex, Snyder, Morgan, Rogers, Brooks, Goldson then I would be very willing to trade about 3 picks to move up, maybe 4. The way all of our players are talking about sticking around, as long as they walk the walk I don't see an any glaring holes we'd need filled so it wouldn't hurt us to send off a couple of picks.
No!

We will still have a few holes to fill on this team and will need all of our picks.

Our picks in the first 2 rounds will have to be starters for us.

And I'm assuming we resign all our core FA's and pickup a #1 wr in FA as well.

Maybe next year we can start to think about trading up and giving away picks but not at this point in our progression.
Share 49ersWebzone