LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

Do we trade up for Floyd?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Sanu, baby. Championship.
No we don't. We stay put or trade back. More value in that.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BHWCTxm3g

Ultimate Michael Floyd hightlight video. According to the source.

@1:40 of the video that was the weirdest/worst ran route ive seen

why--looked like a simple go route to me
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BHWCTxm3g

Ultimate Michael Floyd hightlight video. According to the source.

@1:40 of the video that was the weirdest/worst ran route ive seen

why--looked like a simple go route to me
seriously. What else do you expect him to do? LMAO
I don't think we need to trade up at all. This draft is blessed with a host of talented receivers. There will be plenty for us to pick from by pick 30.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Eitherway, its a dumb idea. 49ers had an injury free season, an easy schedule and had some nice bounces that resulted in them not having to play in New Orleans and having the NFC Championship Game at home. The defense is what brought them there, they need to continue to focus on improving that and enhancing depth. Receivers can be found literally anywhere, pretty sure the Giants found Victor Cruz on a street corner. People are getting obsessed with receivers when this teams main need is red-zone offense and improved third down conversion on offense. That can be achieved with a tight-end like Fleener, and a WR picked in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Otherwise the emphasis should go on strengthening the defense, depth at DL, depth OR starter at OLB if Brooks bails, depth at FS....etc.

This.

I think the people that keep calling for a "stud no. 1 receiver" want an offense like New England, New Orleans, or Green Bay. It isn't going to happen. I agree with the areas of improvement that we need on offense. And honestly, we can improve on third downs and in the redzone without having the so-called stud receiver.
beast!
I would give up a third and fifth this year and a third and fourth next year to move up, say 7-10 spots. He is exactly what our offense is missing. I watched N.D. Play multiple times this year and he is constantly doubled and still makes plays. This guy is one hell of run blocker as well. Big solid red zone target. Once again, he is exactly what our offense is missing so wtf not. A Move up for Floyd would be a smart move.
[ Edited by D-Money on Feb 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM ]
he fits the WCO WR to a tee and is a legiit RZ threat

i would trade up for him
I'd rather pick two WR's than trade up for one---you never know who will pan out and who will be a bust.

I am one of the biggest Notre Dame fan in this forum and I'm going to tell you that even though I like him, he does not have elite speed. He will probably run in the 4.5's in the combine. (if he participates) I rather keep our pick and draft the BPA.
I think it's a bad idea to draft Floyd period...let alone trade up for him. His lack of maturity, trouble with the law, and injury history make him too risky of a pick IMO.

I'm sure he's going to be a productive player in the NFL, but the extra baggage is just too much. Dez Bryant is another headcase who produces, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my football team.

DO NOT WANT.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think it's a bad idea to draft Floyd period...let alone trade up for him. His lack of maturity, trouble with the law, and injury history make him too risky of a pick IMO.

I'm sure he's going to be a productive player in the NFL, but the extra baggage is just too much. Dez Bryant is another headcase who produces, but I wouldn't want him anywhere near my football team.

DO NOT WANT.

Hes nothing like Dez at all. His issues with the law was being a college student who liked to drink. Hes a good/well liked teammate who is not a diva(unlike Dez) who made a couple bad alcohol induced decisions. I mean do you not want Aldon on this team anymore because he made a bad alcohol related decision?

Though I do agree with you about the injury concerns. Just by watching those highlights(some of them include his freshman/soph yr) you can tell he has slowed down. Love his size and RZ presense but I would rather us get one of the Arkansas WR's. Joe Adams, who reminds me of Mike Wallace or Jarius Wright. Both are electric and would add that speedy big play WR that we need(Ted Ginn is not that).
Originally posted by supbaby:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

DO NOT WANT.

Hes nothing like Dez at all. His issues with the law was being a college student who liked to drink. Hes a good/well liked teammate who is not a diva(unlike Dez) who made a couple bad alcohol induced decisions. I mean do you not want Aldon on this team anymore because he made a bad alcohol related decision?

Though I do agree with you about the injury concerns. Just by watching those highlights(some of them include his freshman/soph yr) you can tell he has slowed down. Love his size and RZ presense but I would rather us get one of the Arkansas WR's. Joe Adams, who reminds me of Mike Wallace or Jarius Wright. Both are electric and would add that speedy big play WR that we need(Ted Ginn is not that).

Aldon's situation is different than Floyd's. Aldon had no prior history of alcohol related arrests, and you would have every reason to believe that his arrest was a one time thing. Just a young kid who made a bad choice. He will learn from this and not make the same mistake again.

Floyd on the other hand is a repeat offender. THREE alcohol related arrests in 4 years. Do you think the excessive partying is going to stop once he gets a multi-million dollar pay check? I doubt it.

The comparison I made to Dez Bryant has nothing to do with their personality traits, but rather their propensity for getting into trouble.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 6, 2012 at 2:50 AM ]
No if anything I would trade out of the first round for additional picks and select Marvin Jones later on and get maybe Chase Minniefield or Josh Norman in the 2nd round
Share 49ersWebzone