LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 368 users in the forums

Do we trade up for Floyd?

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I am one of the biggest Notre Dame fan in this forum and I'm going to tell you that even though I like him, he does not have elite speed. He will probably run in the 4.5's in the combine. (if he participates) I rather keep our pick and draft the BPA.

for his size that is great speed if he ran any faster he would be the best prospect since CJ
He doesn't impress me that much. He's not that fast or dominant for his size. Will be overdrafted IMO. A good but not great prospect. I don't think he is that dymanic. Braylon Edwards coming out at least and young and healthy was a far better prospect. Just saying.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Yes.
This receiver class is too deep to trade up for Floyd. I wish he would some how fall to us.
I don't think you do. I don't think the guy has elite speed, you can probably pick up Plaxico and have the same sort of guy and you don't have to give up a 2nd to move up 15 spots.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No trade up for Floyd.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
I don't think you do. I don't think the guy has elite speed, you can probably pick up Plaxico and have the same sort of guy and you don't have to give up a 2nd to move up 15 spots.

if he turns out like plaxicco he would be worth the trade up
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:

if he turns out like plaxicco he would be worth the trade up
Yeah if he turns out to be that good than it would be a great trade. I'm a big fan of Floyd but they might decide the cost is too much.
Also, I love fast WR but speed is over-rated sometimes. Jerry def. was not the fastest guy. Make sure they have good hands first and then run good routes. Speed is def. a bonus though...
is it just me or does M. Floyd look like Hines Ward.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah if he turns out to be that good than it would be a great trade. I'm a big fan of Floyd but they might decide the cost is too much.
Also, I love fast WR but speed is over-rated sometimes. Jerry def. was not the fastest guy. Make sure they have good hands first and then run good routes. Speed is def. a bonus though...

floyd sanu and jeffery have the best hands in draft

for amount floyd was targetd he only had 1 drop all season

he has size and jumping ability as well

he may not be that fast burner but he still is a deep threat and has formidible speed especially for his size

if he was faster then he would be CJ level prospect (same with jeffery )

i think he is worth the trade up if he falls outside the top 15-20

I smell....bust. Sorry.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I smell....bust. Sorry.

how so?

i see best WR in class

he doesnt really play in spread offense he jumps and fights for the ball
decent speed great size great jumping ability and one of the best if not best hands in draft
how so?

i see best WR in class

he doesnt really play in spread offense he jumps and fights for the ball
decent speed great size great jumping ability and one of the best if not best hands in draft
I see a guy who is not great off the line of scrimmage, is not very quick, nor fast (I expect a 40 in the high 4.5's to low 4.6's), needs a lot of work in route running, and someone with maturity issues. Now, can he improve on three areas? Sure. He has good size and is athletic. But, too many risks for me, and if he comes in at 230 pounds, which is not unrealistic, we will see some big red flags.

Too many issues.
I see a guy who is not great off the line of scrimmage, is not very quick, nor fast (I expect a 40 in the high 4.5's to low 4.6's), needs a lot of work in route running, and someone with maturity issues. Now, can he improve on three areas? Sure. He has good size and is athletic. But, too many risks for me, and if he comes in at 230 pounds, which is not unrealistic, we will see some big red flags.

Too many issues.
i agree on the speed thing but i think he runs a 4.5ish time

as for jamming at line there isnt a DB who has been able to jam him

maturity issues he does have DUI problems but he supposedly has great work ethic (even harbaugh has a DUI so i dont think harbaugh will see it as a character issue)

Too many issues.
i agree on the speed thing but i think he runs a 4.5ish time

as for jamming at line there isnt a DB who has been able to jam him

maturity issues he does have DUI problems but he supposedly has great work ethic (even harbaugh has a DUI so i dont think harbaugh will see it as a character issue)
I think he is a good blocker as well. I am a ND homer so I am probably biased. His character issues should be on the right track. I think it's about the environment you surround yourself in. The past year he lived in the dorms at ND as opposed to living off campus. The hope was to be more apart of ND experience and stay out of trouble. I believe he also chose to live with freshman in the dorm rooms instead of upperclassmen. If he is in the right environment, which I think the 49ers/ Harbaugh is just that he will learn to become a man and professional.
He also had 3 QB's throwing to him this year. If ND had solidified it's QB situation, he would have had better chemistry and better stats. It might be a blessing that he is a little under the radar.
Share 49ersWebzone