LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I wish OTC would post his enterpretation of the times and whose stock is up and down. I didn't watch today

Which times? And what kind of interpretation are you looking for?

For DL, I think broad jump numbers and vertical are nice and all, but only tell of a players physical capabilities, but not how they will perform on the field. Get-off from the snap is critical. In the NFL, a poor get-off negates any explosive quality you have. Same for 3-4 OLBs.

I just meant risers and fallers mainly. Who do you think helped themself out today?

Helped:
OLB Nick Perry - 4.64, 35 reps, and 38 1/2 inch vertical at 6-3 271 will get teams thinking of the potential.
OLB Ronnell Lewis - 4.68, 36 reps and a productive college career spells at least an early 2nd round selection.
OLB Bruce Irvin - 4.50 is great, but film will determine where he goes I think. His get-off the snap was inconsistent.

CB Ron Brooks - Weighed in at 5-10 190, giving him real NFL size for the CB position. He had been in the 170s.
CB Omar Bolden - Well his arms are certainly healthy (25 reps, most of any DB at the combine). Lets see how he runs to see if that ACL injury has affected him.

ILB Luke Kuechly - Should be the first ILB off the board. His numbers don't lie, and now his physical measureables put him up even higher. Top performer in multiple areas.
ILB Mychal Kendricks - Fastest timed LB. Enough said.

Ron Brooks is my guy man, I think he'll turn out to be really good. I like Irvin and Lewis as well. Perry reminds me of TSuggs, I think he'll be really good. I think some of the other guys like McClellin really helped themselves. Do you think Zach Brown could play in a 3-4???
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Chandler Jones
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Chandler-Jones?id=2533538

Aldon Smith
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Aldon-Smith?id=2495487

Jones is like a physical clone of Aldon and his arms are 1/4" longer...
Combine Fallers today:

DEs Vinny Curry and Chandler Jones - Lack of timed speed will quiet most of the talk of any 3-4 OLB conversions.

Idk man! Jones had a better shuttel, bench, 3 cone, and jumps then Aldon Smith
He even plays a little like Aldon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAZZq7v80s&feature=youtube_gdata_player
is Chandler Jones high on other teams draft boards?
Originally posted by stunder49:

Let me ask them.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Vontaze Burfict ran a 5.1, the worst of all LBs. He also had the worst vertical of all LBs. His interviews are being described as "disastrous". Started the season as a top 15 pick, regressed to a late 1st, then a 2nd. Where does he go now? 4th?

Home.

Beyond disastrous. At one point, Burfict actually claimed the coaches at ASU messed him up.

Clearly, he didn't do much to prepare for the combine.

I would be surprised if he gets drafted before the 5th round, and he might not be drafted.

This is what you call a steal. Pure talent, that is dropping because of other reasons. Ahmad Brooks was a similar case. If he were to drop to the 4th or below, I'd pick him with a quickness.

The theft would be Burfict taking the money.

The worst part is that Burfict had all the ability (even with his history) to be a day one or early day two pick. All he had to do was get his agent to sign him up at Athletes' Performance (10 miles from the ASU campus) and train him up on the combine events and interviews.

Honestly, all he had to do was put in 8 solid weeks of combine prep, perform average for an LB, take his round 1 or round 2 money and then flame out in the NFL. He would've been a multi million dollar flame out. But because he didn't want to train (at all, seriously) he won't even have that option any more.

Vontaze Burfict legitimately had to try to dump his stock into the 4th round. Mission accomplished.

Vontaze is an idiot, as I said before. His giant ego and refusal to do work = bust. Embarrassing for ASU fans.

On on other notes for ASU:
Gerhart - had a pretty good work out. Showed some great quickness and average strength, heading into the combine I figured his athleticism was a major liability. Hopefully he can serve as a reserve for a couple of years in the NFL and make some money.
Robinson - did as expected, bad 40 time. But I'd love to see this guy worked out of the slot in the NFL in the short to medium passing game.
Bolden - I expect him to put in a 4.5 40. My thoughts are he would be a mid 4.4 if not for the injury. Impressive upper body strength though!

Out of all of them, I think Bolden has the best chance to stick in the NFL. I think he could be a terror on special teams and work into a role as a nickel corner after 2 years of NFL training.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Let me ask them.

Lol

Let me ask them.

they said no.....but they may be lying
Rich Eisen runs today
Let me ask them.

LOL..........
I hope we re-sign our DB freeagents. I'm not seeing much from this current crop beside Claiborne.

Looking forward to seeing the next group of CBs run their forties, especially the guys with a little size to them (Coryell Judie, Micah Pellerin and Josh Norman who are all around 6'0 195ish).
I didnt catch the names but #26 and #27 look like s**t in these drills
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

Great insight
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Great insight

Mayock aint got s**t on me