LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

DB Notes:
The Good:
-Josh Robinson, Central Florida, 5'10 199lbs, 4.33 40 was the best physical prospect.
-Claiborne and Kirpatrick did as expected
-Janoris Jenkins ran a 4.4 40
-Ron Brooks of LSU ran a 4.37 40, should be late round pick now, a guy that never started at LSU but may have been a gem playing behind some outstanding corners
-Stephen Gilmore had the 2nd best combine, checked in at 6 foot and ran a 4.44 40, pretty impressive
-Coty Sensabaugh, Clemson, checked in at 5'11, ran a 4.42 40, late bloomer, should have punched his draft ticket for a late rounder
-Dwight Bentley, Louisiana Laffayette, checked in at 5'10 and ran a 4.43 40. A zone corner.

The Bad:
-Cliff Harris killed his stock, 4.64 40.
-Micah Pellerin of Hampton, popular sleeper, ran a 4.61 40
-Another popular sleeper, Josh Norman, ran a 4.66 40
-Casey Hayward ran a 4.57 40, I'd actually say its slightly better then expected
-Alfonzo Denard checked in at 5'10, 204 lbs (a lot for a corner), and a 4.55 40.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dion Caputi ‏ @nfldraftupdate
One of my 2012 #NFLdraft favorites, #UCF CB Josh Robinson just (unofficially) ran the best time at the Combine with a blazing 4.31 time.

thanks Al Davis
This guy just ran a 4.29 on his 2nd attempt
meh, let me know when someone runs a sub 4.00

Someone needs to tell usain bolt to come return kicks and punts for us.
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

That s**t is hillarious.
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

Shoot! He's out of his prime and on the downhill.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

Its actually his best ever 40, dude is just coming in to his prime
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
DB Notes:
The Good:
-Josh Robinson, Central Florida, 5'10 199lbs, 4.33 40 was the best physical prospect.
-Ron Brooks of LSU ran a 4.37 40, should be late round pick now, a guy that never started at LSU but may have been a gem playing behind some outstanding corners
-Stephen Gilmore had the 2nd best combine, checked in at 6 foot and ran a 4.44 40, pretty impressive
-Coty Sensabaugh, Clemson, checked in at 5'11, ran a 4.42 40, late bloomer, should have punched his draft ticket for a late rounder
-Dwight Bentley, Louisiana Laffayette, checked in at 5'10 and ran a 4.43 40. A zone corner.

The Bad:
-Casey Hayward ran a 4.57 40, I'd actually say its slightly better then expected
-Alfonzo Denard checked in at 5'10, 204 lbs (a lot for a corner), and a 4.55 40.

Do you think Denard could transition to safety instead? Still, as long as he runs a little faster at his pro day I'd still think he's draftable. Cliff Harris pretty much killed himself today. What round would you project for some of these guys now? Ron Brooks?(who played quite a bit this year when they would move Tyrann Matheiu around)
Originally posted by Joecool:
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

fail lol
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

LOL @ comparing his run to Vick Ballard's fall
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
DB Notes:
The Good:

The Bad:

Do you think Denard could transition to safety instead? Still, as long as he runs a little faster at his pro day I'd still think he's draftable. Cliff Harris pretty much killed himself today. What round would you project for some of these guys now? Ron Brooks?(who played quite a bit this year when they would move Tyrann Matheiu around)

no, he's simply a system CB but a good one at that, cover 2, press CB, GM's need to be smart when picking him, but in the right system he'll be pretty good IMO

Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

He's going to bust a sub 6.00 next year.

Can't wait to see him run at the same time as Josh Robinson....and Dontari Poe. Funny when a fat man blows past him.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Eisen just ran a 6.03 40

He's going to bust a sub 6.00 next year.

Can't wait to see him run at the same time as Josh Robinson....and Dontari Poe. Funny when a fat man blows past him.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d82745c19/Rich-Eisen-runs-the-40-yard-dash
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
DB Notes:
The Good:

The Bad:

no, he's simply a system CB but a good one at that, cover 2, press CB, GM's need to be smart when picking him, but in the right system he'll be pretty good IMO

He kind of reminds me of Nate Clements. He was good in his soph and junior years, I have no idea why he kind of regressed this year and then ran slow other than he had a few injuries. But it's kind of dissapointing. Do you think he could be a good fit for us??? We play a lot of man though so I dunno...
Dion Caputi ‏ @nfldraftupdate
One of my 2012 #NFLdraft favorites, #UCF CB Josh Robinson just (unofficially) ran the best time at the Combine with a blazing 4.31 time.

thanks Al Davis
This guy just ran a 4.29 on his 2nd attempt

Other than the projected 1st rounders, this is the guy who I thought really stood out.
Share 49ersWebzone