There are 289 users in the forums

:::OFFICiAL::: 2012 NFL SCOUTING COMBINE THREAD

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Vontaze Burfict ran a 5.1, the worst of all LBs. He also had the worst vertical of all LBs. His interviews are being described as "disastrous". Started the season as a top 15 pick, regressed to a late 1st, then a 2nd. Where does he go now? 4th?

that is disgustingly slow

Remember Brandon Spikes was considered a 1st round pick until he ran a 5.0 40 then he was projected as a 3rd rounder and was drafted late 2nd by the Pats

But idk much about Vontaze Burfict honestly

Don't think Spikes had the kind of character concerns Burfict does. Burfict looks like a 3rd rounder at best.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not happening b/c Smith will still play the same role he did last year. He's not coming off the field on 3rd downs

on 3rd down rushing its usually aldon and brooks as DE and justin and ray mac as DT irvin could just take over brooks spot if we dont resign him (im assuming if we dont resign brooks only then we would bother getting OLb in first 2 rounds)
I keep forgetting about Brooks being a free agent. Good points
  • buck
  • Veteran
Vontaze Burfict ran a 5.1, the worst of all LBs. He also had the worst vertical of all LBs. His interviews are being described as "disastrous". Started the season as a top 15 pick, regressed to a late 1st, then a 2nd. Where does he go now? 4th?

Home.

Beyond disastrous. At one point, Burfict actually claimed the coaches at ASU messed him up.

Clearly, he didn't do much to prepare for the combine.

I would be surprised if he gets drafted before the 5th round, and he might not be drafted.
This is pretty cool. Overlay of Luck, Newton, and RG3 running the 40.

Originally posted by buck:

Home.

Beyond disastrous. At one point, Burfict actually claimed the coaches at ASU messed him up.

I would be surprised if he gets drafted before the 5th round, and he might not be drafted.

This is what you call a steal. Pure talent, that is dropping because of other reasons. Ahmad Brooks was a similar case. If he were to drop to the 4th or below, I'd pick him with a quickness.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Home.

This is what you call a steal. Pure talent, that is dropping because of other reasons. Ahmad Brooks was a similar case. If he were to drop to the 4th or below, I'd pick him with a quickness.

The theft would be Burfict taking the money.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Home.

if that talent is coupled with the general mentality to laziness and "I dont give a f**k" attitude it willl not end well.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
I've been a huge fan of Bruce since last year. He's an absolute beast, certainly not a one trick pony. He's got great speed and power moves. He used Rutgers OT to sack the QB, his bull rush is incredible. Him lined up opposite of Aldon is scary.

the big ? is can he develop to an every down guy.....but I had us taking him in my first mock and still think this kid (with proper coaching and time) will be a monster
Originally posted by saniner:

If I were the Colts, I would at least kick the tires on RGIII. Not just because he runs like a WR, but because he really has the potential to play the QB position like no one has before. As Mayock said, Griffin is not a runner playing QB, he's a true pocket passer who can run like few others. He's essentially a mix of Aaron Rodgers and Michael Vick in terms of potential/talent/raw skills.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by saniner:

If I were the Colts, I would at least kick the tires on RGIII. Not just because he runs like a WR, but because he really has the potential to play the QB position like no one has before. As Mayock said, Griffin is not a runner playing QB, he's a true pocket passer who can run like few others. He's essentially a mix of Aaron Rodgers and Michael Vick in terms of potential/talent/raw skills.

If I were the Rams GM I would seriously see if Washington, Miami, Cleveland, or Seattle was interested in giving up a #1 pick for Sam Bradford.(even if they had to pay part of the $$$) If so, I would make the deal and go ahead and draft RG3. As for the Colts... I may kick the tires but no way would I pass on Andrew Luck.

heard kendricks killed it today

really wanted to draft the kid

think he will be gone before we pick in the 2nd round
Morris Claiborne in at 5'11", 188lbs, with 33 1/4-inch arms
Originally posted by ads_2006:
heard kendricks killed it today

really wanted to draft the kid

think he will be gone before we pick in the 2nd round

don't really think he succeeds as a OLB in the NFL, and we certainly dont need a day 2 ILB
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Chandler Jones
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Chandler-Jones?id=2533538

Aldon Smith
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Aldon-Smith?id=2495487

Jones is like a physical clone of Aldon and his arms are 1/4" longer...
I wish OTC would post his enterpretation of the times and whose stock is up and down. I didn't watch today
Share 49ersWebzone