Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 620 users in the forums

OTC's Winter Wonderland Mock 2011

Browse 49ers books and videos
Triple Kendall's
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Triple Kendall's

KKK RACIST!!!!
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Triple Kendall's

KKK RACIST!!!!

Like the position picks, but just question the order. I know free agency will have a lot more influence on the draft next year, but waiting till the 5th round to draft a CB or S? I consider that one of the Niners biggest needs and worthy of their attention in the first three rounds. Would be nice to get any of the LSU or 'Bama secondary prospects late in the first or in the second round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like the position picks, but just question the order. I know free agency will have a lot more influence on the draft next year, but waiting till the 5th round to draft a CB or S? I consider that one of the Niners biggest needs and worthy of their attention in the first three rounds. Would be nice to get any of the LSU or 'Bama secondary prospects late in the first or in the second round.

I pretty much agree with this. Not sure they can wait that long to invest in the secondary. But Reyes is a good player and the d line needs some youth and depth.
I like the Kendall Wright pick as well as the Jean-Baptiste selection. However, you don't think we should address the corner position a little earlier in the draft?
Cool, we'd have a Ricky Jean and a Nicky Jean.
Love it.

Great mock OTC! Any chance Wright rises past us in the 1st? If he's not available who're some other guys at the end of the 1st you'd look at?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,081
I would hope we address the secondary long before the 5th round, we are gonna have some major holes to fill there.
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,355
Though CB is a need issue as well, I agree with a speedy wideout as the greatest need.
I thought we got Aldon Smith in the 2011 draft?
I like the 1st round pick on Kendall Wright. I would definately want a CB in the 2nd round though. But it really depends on who's still available and who is still the best player left on the board.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I thought we got Aldon Smith in the 2011 draft?

Yes, but I'm not sure what the question here is? Including Aldon, we only have 3 OLB right now. Brooks, Aldon, and Haralson. We need the pass-rushing depth.


Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Love it.

Great mock OTC! Any chance Wright rises past us in the 1st? If he's not available who're some other guys at the end of the 1st you'd look at?

It takes only one team to love you, so it's possible. But depending on draft declarations, someone very good at WR should be available to us in the back half of the first or second. If he's not there, I'd go after Dwight Jones who is very likely to rise to 1st round consideration if he hasn't already. Mohamed Sanu is another option in the 1st if he declares. In the 2nd-3rd you start getting into guys like McNutt, Joe Adams, DeVier Posey and A.J. Jenkins.


Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like the position picks, but just question the order. I know free agency will have a lot more influence on the draft next year, but waiting till the 5th round to draft a CB or S? I consider that one of the Niners biggest needs and worthy of their attention in the first three rounds. Would be nice to get any of the LSU or 'Bama secondary prospects late in the first or in the second round.

I pretty much agree with this. Not sure they can wait that long to invest in the secondary. But Reyes is a good player and the d line needs some youth and depth.

It really depends on free agency. Culliver looks like he will be the starter soon, but if we re-sign Rogers and perhaps release Spencer (a trade would be great though), we may look to add a starting CB in Free Agency. There will be more available (especially considering the ones that were on one-year deals this season). Johnson is a 3rd round talent who will fall because of the off-field stuff and his small school, so waiting that long to draft a CB of his caliber is a great strategic move. Obviously, in the end, it will depend on who's available at each spot because we will probably take BPA players and/or guys with the most upside.

Rogers, FA, Culliver, Brock (if he keeps developing), Brown, Johnson looks like it could be a solid group if you consider improvement from Culliver's rookie season and Brock who is still very young but looks promising.

As far as safety -- this will be HUGELY dependent on FA. If Goldson returns or we sign a new starter, it's doubtful we grab one early. If not, we'll almost have to look FS early -- and those options figure to include Markelle Martin (1st round), T.J. McDonald (1st), Aaron Henry (3rd), and/or Donnie Fletcher (3rd - good CB, could be even better safety).
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I thought we got Aldon Smith in the 2011 draft?

Yes, but I'm not sure what the question here is? Including Aldon, we only have 3 OLB right now. Brooks, Aldon, and Haralson. We need the pass-rushing depth.


I was just busting your balls. It would be the 2012 draft, not 2011.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone