LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Draft super sleepers

Mario Harvey is a a beast, I've kinda always kept an eye on marshall prospects i live very close to the campus and actually work for their hospital. Marshall has a long line of great prospects and they continue to put a few in the pros every other season or so. I'd guess Marios a late 5th to 7th round pick, but he's what u want out of a LBer, he's very good at the MLB spot but has the speed to play outside too, gets to the QB and causes pressure every time he's called upon. Here's to taking him with our 5th or one of our 6th round picks.
Mike Mohamed from Cal?
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Mario Harvey is a a beast, I've kinda always kept an eye on marshall prospects i live very close to the campus and actually work for their hospital. Marshall has a long line of great prospects and they continue to put a few in the pros every other season or so. I'd guess Marios a late 5th to 7th round pick, but he's what u want out of a LBer, he's very good at the MLB spot but has the speed to play outside too, gets to the QB and causes pressure every time he's called upon. Here's to taking him with our 5th or one of our 6th round picks.

I've got my little hopes that one of our 6th and 7th round picks include the selection of OLB Bruce Miller and ILB Mario Harvey. In my opinion, we only have 4 linebackers worthy of starting, and only 6 legitimate players to make the roster, which are: Willis, Lawson, Spikes, Bowman, Brooks, and Haralson.

Bowman struggled heavily at the TED when we tried to put him in for Spikes. He was great at the MIKE spot however and it's not surprising because the MIKE and SAM positions are his natural spots.

I think the team needs to trade Parys Whifferson. Too slow, too many missed tackles, and too many stupid off-sides calls. Brooks may jump sometimes but at least he can get to the QB. Parys took his payday and packed it in.

Ideally, you want the team to have a good starter at all positions. We need to re-man the TED spot for when Spikes goes, and Miller/Harvey would be excellent fits.
Don Banks of SI.com posted this article today about some of our super sleepers plus a couple more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/04/01/nfl-draft-prospects/index.html

Forgot about Andrew Phillips as another potential Stanford player who would fit the Niners need for a legit RG.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Don Banks of SI.com posted this article today about some of our super sleepers plus a couple more.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/04/01/nfl-draft-prospects/index.html

Forgot about Andrew Phillips as another potential Stanford player who would fit the Niners need for a legit RG.

Coughlin is getting quite a little buzz right now. At the moment, the only one I have being drafted (aside from Watkins who should go early) is Ricardo Lockette, but bubble guys like Phillips and Coughlin could work their way into the Big 254 in the following weeks.

It's always tough making those last tweaks and coming to a final decision.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 1, 2011 at 15:26:22 ]
I'm going to be a homer-in the seventh round will be Safety Mana Silva Univ of Hawaii, had 8 interceptions last year and 6 interceptions the year before. A bit slow if you into 40 times, but always in position to make a play on the ball.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I'm going to be a homer-in the seventh round will be Safety Mana Silva Univ of Hawaii, had 8 interceptions last year and 6 interceptions the year before. A bit slow if you into 40 times, but always in position to make a play on the ball.

Good note and news for those who like him. Silva posted a 4.43 time at his Pro-Day and looked solid in drills. May have pushed himself into the 254.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by WildBill:

Good note and news for those who like him. Silva posted a 4.43 time at his Pro-Day and looked solid in drills. May have pushed himself into the 254.

So many, many bubble guys it's crazy. I have a list set up in the spreadsheet and it's gotta be close to about 30-35 bubble players. Some very tough decisions to make leading up to the Final Big 254.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Kealoha Pilares WR Hawaii.

Definitely a guy who will be on some draft boards, but I'm not sure if he will ultimately be drafted. There are more than a few people who like him better than Greg Salas and think he is the better pro prospect.

Pilares ran a 4.42 at Hawaii's Pro Day, one scout had him at 4.37. He also had a 40.5 inch vertical, and a 10 ft. 5 inch broad jump. They also put Pilares through some RB drills.

If he can stay healthy, this is your Wes Welker 2.0.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I have two that I think can be considered sleepers.

Aldrick Robinson WR SMU 5'10" 184 4.35

Not big, but very fast. Had 65 catches 1.301 yards last year. In four years 181 receptions for 3,314 yards.

Mark LeGree FS Appalachian State 6' 0" 210 4.49

First team on FCS All- America three times.
In three years, had 43 passes defended; and 22 of those were interceptions.

Good speed and great ball skills.

Originally posted by buck:

Not big, but very fast. Had 65 catches 1.301 yards last year. In four years 181 receptions for 3,314 yards.

Right now I project LeGree to go in the 6th round. 185 on the Big Board to be exact.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by buck:

Right now I project LeGree to go in the 6th round. 185 on the Big Board to be exact.

In my no trades mock, a mock that I may never finish if I do not stop vacillating,
I, at this point, have us taking LeGree in the sixth round.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM ]

Nice
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Nice

Yea too bad he's on the Panthers and not the Niners........just like Greg Salas going to the Rams.....BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Nice

Yea too bad he's on the Panthers and not the Niners........just like Greg Salas going to the Rams.....BOOOOOOO!!!!!

Salas to the Rams was REALLY disappointing.

But Jeff Maehl is still available, and I like him a lot as well.
Share 49ersWebzone