There are 771 users in the forums
Geek's New Mock V4.0
- 1 2
Browse 49ers books and videos
Jan 19, 2011 at 7:25 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
why get rid of Ginn?
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:07 AM
- ninertico
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,259
I was thinking along these lines to trade back and draft Von Miller, Ayers or Kerrigan. I love Miller's first step VS the rest. He just so blazing fast. I love J. Smith, but don't know too much about Dalton. Delvin also seems to be a choice at that spot.
I love the Fua pick! I just think we need to grab him in the third. Also, I would want to grab a DE/DT somewhere in here. Love the Stolzien pick, too.
Great job.
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
That QB situation would be pretty terrible.
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:20 AM
- Otter
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by valrod33:
we would win 4 games with those qbs next year. I guess this is the tank for Andrew Luck Mock
yeah, not sure why everyone has us dumping Carr. With him being the only QB signed, I think it would make sense to keep him for another year and pray he never sees the field.
Jan 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM
- TMays_isaBEAST23
- Veteran
- Posts: 187
First draft I've seen in awhile where the niners don't sign every high profiler free agent. That's good to see. These are realistic free agent moves that make a lot of sense. I especially like Malcolm Flloyd.
On the other hand, I do not like trading away Prince. Instead of drafting Von Miller, I'd rather just hang on to Manny Lawson.
Also, I highly doubt we'd cut Ginn. His hands may be garbage, but we need him to return kicks.
On the other hand, I do not like trading away Prince. Instead of drafting Von Miller, I'd rather just hang on to Manny Lawson.
Also, I highly doubt we'd cut Ginn. His hands may be garbage, but we need him to return kicks.
Jan 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Like the Free agent targets and the draft. Agree it would be scary going into next year with Johnson, Dalton and Tolzien all starting from scratch. Still, nice work.
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,809
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I like
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:15 PM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,329
Why are we releasing Ted Ginn? He's the best return man we have had in a decade.
Jan 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM
- GEEK
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,430
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I actually really like this mock. I'm all for drafting Prince at #7 but this trade would make a lot of sense for us. I'm high on Von Miller but 7 is to high and no way he lasts until the 2nd round. Adding another 2nd rounder is nice and Jimmy Smith is a solid physical CB that could step up and start from day 1.
I don't understand cutting Ted Ginn as he's a solid KR but Chris Carr could fill that void easily IMO. I think he's actually a better PR than Ginn. KR, I'm not so sure. I've always liked Carr from his Boise State days but didn't really expect much from him as a CB in the NFL. However, he has developed nicely at CB and would serve as a solid nickle CB for us with starting ability as well.
I've been a fan of Andy Dalton since his first Bowl game against Boise State. He's a nice fit for the WCO and could start in 2012 or 2013 sitting behind Josh Johnson for a few years. It would give us the ability to actually develop a QB instead of throwing him into the fire before he's ready.
Not really sure how I feel about Malcolm Floyd but I like the selection of Austin Pettis(obviously). I'm higher on Titus Young but I love Pettis' size for the WCO more. He's a solid route runner and has great hands. Other than Vernon Davis we really don't have a legit Redzone Target. Pettis is one of the better ones in this draft. 3rd might be to high but without a 4th from the trades, it makes a lot of sense. I expect his stock to go up after the Senior Bowl and Combine. He might actually surprise with his 40 time, a lot faster than many realize. He'll never be mistaken for a speed demon but he's far from slow.
Derrick Ward and Vickers would be solid adds to our backfield as well. I agree that Vickers is an underrated FB from having to play in Cleveland for his career but he would give us a solid blocking and receiving FB we haven't had in a long time. Ward adds nice depth and could fill in as a solid 3rd down back option.
Overall pretty solid IMO and I also like the idea of drafting two QB's in this draft.
Thanks for the props. Obviously, you aren't going to address all the needs in one off season, and there are always surprise cuts (Robinson last year) each year.
If we lose out on Floyd, we could retain Ginn and still add Pettis to our roster. Balance of speed and physical WRs on the team.
- 1 2
). I'm higher on Titus Young but I love Pettis' size for the WCO more. He's a solid route runner and has great hands. Other than Vernon Davis we really don't have a legit Redzone Target. Pettis is one of the better ones in this draft. 3rd might be to high but without a 4th from the trades, it makes a lot of sense. I expect his stock to go up after the Senior Bowl and Combine. He might actually surprise with his 40 time, a lot faster than many realize. He'll never be mistaken for a speed demon but he's far from slow.