LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Pitt WR Jonathan Baldwin enters draft, makes curious comments

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
First round talent, late round brain. Pending a monumental collapse in workouts, Baldwin should be selected within the first 2 or 3 rounds.

2nd round most likely, and I think he will be a steal in the 2nd. Guy has legit talent.

Honestly if he has bad hands and a bad attitude and a lazy work ethic, I don't want him. Just look at how Crabtree has turned out.

he's such a bust we shouldn't have taken him. everybody acts like we run a stable offense that can produce consistent numbers for their wr's.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
First round talent, late round brain. Pending a monumental collapse in workouts, Baldwin should be selected within the first 2 or 3 rounds.

2nd round most likely, and I think he will be a steal in the 2nd. Guy has legit talent.

Honestly if he has bad hands and a bad attitude and a lazy work ethic, I don't want him. Just look at how Crabtree has turned out.

he's such a bust we shouldn't have taken him. everybody acts like we run a stable offense that can produce consistent numbers for their wr's.

It's not all his fault and I don't blame him for not puting up huge numbers but he hasn't been what we picked him to be. He's gotten a lot of catchable balls and dropped a lot of them, he doesn't usually take blame for it, he now has a rep for not running clean routes, and he's caused multiple tipped ball INTs this year. If he would've just caught the balls that hit his hands and worked on his route running I would be cool with him, but he doesn't seem to have gotten better and he seems like he was better last year.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

It's not all his fault and I don't blame him for not puting up huge numbers but he hasn't been what we picked him to be. He's gotten a lot of catchable balls and dropped a lot of them, he doesn't usually take blame for it, he now has a rep for not running clean routes, and he's caused multiple tipped ball INTs this year. If he would've just caught the balls that hit his hands and worked on his route running I would be cool with him, but he doesn't seem to have gotten better and he seems like he was better last year.

he does need to get into training camp. He's only a sophomore and I mean this seriously lets see what he could do with a competent coaching staff before he gets written off.
This kid is going to be a gamer. He's just young and stupid, he will mature and if he is still there in the 2nd round I would love to steal him for our WCO
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
This kid is going to be a gamer. He's just young and stupid, he will mature and if he is still there in the 2nd round I would love to steal him for our WCO

I worry about this guy. He has lots of talent, but his work ethic and on-field effort even are questioned. Scouts note that he often rounds off his routes -- unacceptable if you're going to be a WR in the WCO.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

I worry about this guy. He has lots of talent, but his work ethic and on-field effort even are questioned. Scouts note that he often rounds off his routes -- unacceptable if you're going to be a WR in the WCO.

I understand that. However, his unhappiness may cause him to "slouch"(remind you of anyone) on his routes and work ethic but his upside is worth the risk in my opinion. Especially since he's still so young
There are a lot of great things about Baldwin's play...he isn't scared to go up for the ball...He constantly jumps over people to get the ball and catches the ball well with his hands...personally, I think he is a great prospect.
i hope they did intentionally harm his stock so we can scoop him up in the second
This kid is going to be a gem from this draft!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
well he's gotta blame it on someone because of the disappointing season he had, but I'm sorry I'm not buying his raggity ass koolaid

drop balls and lack of effort on the field cannot be blamed on the qb or anyone else but yourself johnny, for all of you angry over our WR's not going after the ball to make a play: believe me, you don't want this guy on your team. All the talent in the world, all the measurables, can't put it together in his head.

Sure he could be coached and maybe he can fulfill his POTENTIAL, but I'd stay away.

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/24335/Jonathan-Baldwin-backpedals-on-NFL?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm telling y'all this dude is just loose between the ears

Then again I wish I had a better link

well he's gotta blame it on someone because of the disappointing season he had, but I'm sorry I'm not buying his raggity ass koolaid

drop balls and lack of effort on the field cannot be blamed on the qb or anyone else but yourself johnny, for all of you angry over our WR's not going after the ball to make a play: believe me, you don't want this guy on your team. All the talent in the world, all the measurables, can't put it together in his head.

Sure he could be coached and maybe he can fulfill his POTENTIAL, but I'd stay away.

http://www.collegefantasyfootballinsider.com/news/24335/Jonathan-Baldwin-backpedals-on-NFL?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm telling y'all this dude is just loose between the ears

Then again I wish I had a better link

good job
lol, funny thread
lol, funny thread

it's always fun to look back at threads like this in situations like this one
Lol at the Crabtree talk
This kid just may surprise us all and become the next TO.....He has the talent, and becomes an instant red zone threat WR with TE size. This all depends on him keeping his head right, and in constant check. His inconsistency is his work ethics, training, conditioning, and concentration (Hell, maybe he gets to run the hills with the great Jerry Rice?). I have my hopes up. Does any one know if this kid can play special teams as well? Kick/punt returns?
[ Edited by 49ers_4ever on Aug 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone