LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Joe Haden at 13 or 17 or Kyle Wilson at 17?

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
We have much bigger needs than another S...like CB, DL, OL, pass rusher. The biggest selling point I've heard about Thomas is he may transition to CB. Why not just draft one of the top CB's and be done with it...Singletary likes both Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor, who should both see a lot more PT this coming season.

Reggie Smith can't stay healthy and Curtis Taylor is still raw and coming of a pretty serious hip injury. Plus Goldson is an UFA next year and Michael Lewis has a lot of wear and tear and is one concussion away from retirement.
We have much bigger needs than another S...like CB, DL, OL, pass rusher. The biggest selling point I've heard about Thomas is he may transition to CB. Why not just draft one of the top CB's and be done with it...Singletary likes both Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor, who should both see a lot more PT this coming season.

I like our Pass rush situation. I think Ahmad Brooks is a budding star, Haralson is a solid PR while Lawson is a decent PR and good vs the run and in pass coverage as a 3-4 OLB and don't sleep on Diyral Briggs. I think he will be a player.
So...you want to put a rookie at SS? FWIW, Goldson had problems staying healthy 'til last year, and I think Smith is kind of in the same boat...now's his time to step up. Singletary's big on continuity, so bringing in a rookie to play SS doesn't mesh with his mindset.
So...you want to put a rookie at SS? FWIW, Goldson had problems staying healthy 'til last year, and I think Smith is kind of in the same boat...now's his time to step up. Singletary's big on continuity, so bringing in a rookie to play SS doesn't mesh with his mindset.

I never said that. I would be happy with Earl Thomas who could basically be our 5th DB as a rookie and then in 2011 move Goldson to SS and start Earl Thomas at FS.
Mays !!!!
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Take haden at 13

Trade back at 17 for say 25 and get a 3rd

Take Wilson at 25

trade 2nd and one of the 3rds for say 28

take the best OT available

trade 3rd and 4th for a 2nd

take Javid best in the 2nd

this

I'm gonna have to agree with marsh on this jaun
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
CJ Spiller at 13 and Trent Williams at 17
has kyle wilson ever faced a legit nfl wr prospect? im just asking. not sure if he faced any big time wrs and his height has to scare u a little.
kyle wilson is a 2nd rd prospect. Haden is good. I think Devin McCourty may be the best corner in the draft
Kyle Wilson because he had a painted bus follow him around the coutry the entire season.

Originally posted by KD49ers:
has kyle wilson ever faced a legit nfl wr prospect? im just asking. not sure if he faced any big time wrs and his height has to scare u a little.

Well he faced some solid WR prospects and was basically a shut down corner the last 2yrs and was a four year starter at Boise St. Also, they throw the ball a lot more in the Big Sky than they do in the SEC which is more of a smash-mouth running league and really their were no big time WR's in the SEC this yr and the best WR Haden, faced (Brandon LaFell) had a solid game vs Haden and LaFell is a 2nd rd prospect at best.

Kyle Wilson is a very good football player.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Well he faced some solid WR prospects and was basically a shut down corner the last 2yrs and was a four year starter at Boise St. Also, they throw the ball a lot more in the Big Sky than they do in the SEC which is more of a smash-mouth running league and really their were no big time WR's in the SEC this yr and the best WR Haden, faced (Brandon LaFell) had a solid game vs Haden and LaFell is a 2nd rd prospect at best.

haden also played julio jones shut him down hes a top 15 pick next year maybe even top 10
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Kyle Wilson at 17.

He's better than Haden anyways, and he can return punts/kicks.
  • evil
  • Veteran

1- The WR's that Haden faced were much better than those Wilson faced.

2- In the last 2 yrs Haden lined up against the likes of AJ Green, Mohamed Massaquoi, Julio Jones, Brandon Lafell, Demetrius Byrd, Mardy Gilyard, Juaqin Iglesias, Ryan Broyles, Kenny McKinley, Shay Hodge and at times Dexter McCluster. It's not about just the SEC it is about who they faced on their schedule thus the inclusion of players he faced in Bowl games.

He also lined up across the likes of Louis Murphy and Riley Cooper and at time Percy Harvin in practice everyday.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

haden also played julio jones shut him down hes a top 15 pick next year maybe even top 10

Alabama barely had any kind of a passing game this year.
Share 49ersWebzone