There are 143 users in the forums

CB: Kyle Wilson (Boise State)

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Love to have him on the team. Problem is #17 may be a little too high to take him. It'll depend on the Niners board I guess.

NFL DraftScout has him #26
Draft Tek has him #27
Scouts Inc has him #22

I hate this logic, it is so retarded.

If a guy is available, and you want him, and he might not be available when you pick next, you take him. None of this bulls**t about "Weeell, this is a little too soon to be picking him, don't ya think? If only we were picking 5 slots down..."

Cosigned, that's how you end up with "value picks" like Balmer.
  • saeniner
  • Info N/A
Dude had a phenomenal pro day so consider his stock on the rise. I would love for SF to draft him, he is a BAMF.

1a) T Williams, OT
1b) K Wilson, CB
2) J Asamoah, G
3) best KR/PR available

looks about right.
Originally posted by saeniner:
Dude had a phenomenal pro day so consider his stock on the rise. I would love for SF to draft him, he is a BAMF.

1a) T Williams, OT
1b) K Wilson, CB
2) J Asamoah, G
3) best KR/PR available

looks about right.

That would be a nice first two days.
"All 32 teams had representatives in attendance, and six teams (Ravens, 49ers, Cardinals, Eagles, Bengals and Rams) had defensive back coaches on hand."--NFL .com Blog

It surely looks like we are doing our due diligence on potential 1st round picks.

Nice
I really wouldn't be surprised if he's done enough to warrant using our #13 pick on him. He stormed up draft boards after a solid Senior Bowl and now concluded that rise with an excellent pro-day in front of all 32 teams.

Seattle at 14 and the Titans at 16 could both use CB help and they could prevent Wilson from even getting to 17. Then behind us you have the Steelers, Texans, Falcons, Patriots and Ravens that would prevent any thought of trading down and still acquiring him later in the first.

Even if we aren't looking at a CB in the first I believe Wilsons' rise up draft boards can only help us. I wouldn't be surprised, with all the teams behind us looking for help at CB, if they would try dealing with us to leap frog other teams for someone like Wilson.
I know I'm in the minority but I'm not sold on WIlson at all.

Here is why:

1. he's smallish
2. he only ran 4.47 at his pro-day. To me and most gm's that's like running 4.57 at the combine. That's slow my friends.
3. he is a terrible tackler. what happens when his man catches the ball and Wilson misses an arm tackle? Yes, a home-run.
4. what competition has he faced and shut down? Has he even faced a potential NFL starting caliber WR?

I'm fine with taking him in the 2nd, but top 17 pick with all these questions/issues? No thanks.

[ Edited by kronik on Mar 26, 2010 at 15:55:58 ]
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I really wouldn't be surprised if he's done enough to warrant using our #13 pick on him. He stormed up draft boards after a solid Senior Bowl and now concluded that rise with an excellent pro-day in front of all 32 teams.

Seattle at 14 and the Titans at 16 could both use CB help and they could prevent Wilson from even getting to 17. Then behind us you have the Steelers, Texans, Falcons, Patriots and Ravens that would prevent any thought of trading down and still acquiring him later in the first.

Even if we aren't looking at a CB in the first I believe Wilsons' rise up draft boards can only help us. I wouldn't be surprised, with all the teams behind us looking for help at CB, if they would try dealing with us to leap frog other teams for someone like Wilson.

How was his pro-day excellent?
49ers | Met with K. Wilson after workout
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:26:56 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the San Francisco 49ers met with Boise State CB Kyle Wilson after his Pro Day workout Friday, March 26.

NFL | K. Wilson posts fast 40 time
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:24:17 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports Boise State CB Kyle Wilson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at his Pro Day Friday, March 26, according to a source.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jKL3Muke

1a) T Williams, OT
1b) K Wilson, CB
2) J Asamoah, G
3) best KR/PR available

looks about right.

Wilson is a KR/PR, we wouldn't need to get one in the 3rd, we could spend it on something else.

1a) T Williams, OT
1b) K Wilson, CB
2) J Asamoah, G
3) best KR/PR available

looks about right.

Wilson is a KR/PR, we wouldn't need to get one in the 3rd, we could spend it on something else.

i really dont wanna risk getting wilson hurt returning kicks, cb is a big time position u dont wanna risk injury. isnt that how clements got hurt? for me ill use a 3rd on someone like shipley who can play in the slot and return kicks.

1a) T Williams, OT
1b) K Wilson, CB
2) J Asamoah, G
3) best KR/PR available

looks about right.

Well, if Wilson were able to work his way into being a starting CB like next season, then he likely wouldn't be returning kicks anymore.
Originally posted by momoney925:
HE HAS DREADS

get him!

I've seen a few of these types of reply's for players this year... did I miss out on a funny thread/ inside joke??
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Love to have him on the team. Problem is #17 may be a little too high to take him. It'll depend on the Niners board I guess.

Draft Tek has him #27
Scouts Inc has him #22

If a guy is available, and you want him, and he might not be available when you pick next, you take him. None of this bulls**t about "Weeell, this is a little too soon to be picking him, don't ya think? If only we were picking 5 slots down..."

Cosigned, that's how you end up with "value picks" like Balmer.

And Crabtree.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Draft Tek has him #27
Scouts Inc has him #22

And I thought I was the only one who felt like this.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Seems like he's been getting a lot of hype lately. I dunno, I'm just not a huge fan of taking a CB in the first round. Unless there is literally no one else worth taking.
Share 49ersWebzone