LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

My Disgusting Dream... :( about the Seahawks Draft

Oh man, I woke up from a terrifying nightmare. I had visions that almost made me shed a tear.

The dream started off like this..I woke up on draft day, spent my entire day purchasing groceries and calling up my buddies to come over my house and enjoy round 1 of the draft.

Than....bammmm...the draft happens:

With the 6th pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select: Eric Berry , Safety Tennessee ...

And I was livid... but oh no..it doesn't stop there...

With the 14th pick in the draft the Seattle Seahawks select: C.J. Spiller RB, Clemson...

------------------

Than I woke up...and said...phewwwwwwww!!! It was only a nightmare!

But, now im looking at it and it may actually be true. It might happen, the two freakish talented athletes who many 49er fans love and adore...will possibly be rockin' a Seattle Seahawks Jersey next season...

eww :(

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Mar 3, 2010 at 01:37:41 ]
mccoughlin probably gift wraps a good player to seattle when he screws up pick 13
That could very easily happen. And it's one reason why I hope we don't pass on Spiller at #13. Because Seattle could very well take him at #14 and he will burn us for years to come. We have no control over pick #6.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That could very easily happen. And it's one reason why I hope we don't pass on Spiller at #13. Because Seattle could very well take him at #14 and he will burn us for years to come. We have no control over pick #6.
We have Willis to counter Spiller and Alex to ... Oh wait...Crabtree to counter Berry.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Could happen... But I can't see them passing up on a QB and OT.
I hope they don't draft an OT and draft Spiller; their O-Line sucks and Spiller would get destroyed, not to mention their QB.
So who did we pick at 13?
  • evil
  • Veteran

You should never play defense when drafting.

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I hope they don't draft an OT and draft Spiller; their O-Line sucks and Spiller would get destroyed, not to mention their QB.

They have one of the most reputable OL coaches in the NFL in Alex Gibbs and they will upgrade their line this offseason.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We have Willis to counter Spiller and Alex to ... Oh wait...Crabtree to counter Berry.

Really, joe "not so" cool? You're gonna go there? Some people...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CowboyHunter:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Really, joe "not so" cool? You're gonna go there? Some people...

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YorkHater:
mccoughlin probably gift wraps a good player to seattle when he screws up pick 13

Originally posted by KRS-1:

They have one of the most reputable OL coaches in the NFL in Alex Gibbs and they will upgrade their line this offseason.

I have no problem playing the chess game with them. If they take an OT at #6 obviously they have no need for another one. If we took an OT at #13 it leaves the door open for them to take Spiller. Knowing that an OT would be safe after #13 to #17 you pull the trigger on the luxury pick (which cock blocks them) and go after the OT at 17.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I have no problem playing the chess game with them. If they take an OT at #6 obviously they have no need for another one. If we took an OT at #13 it leaves the door open for them to take Spiller. Knowing that an OT would be safe after #13 to #17 you pull the trigger on the luxury pick (which cock blocks them) and go after the OT at 17.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Seattle, NYG or Tennessee could all trade down with someone looking to move UP especially if we let an OT by us (Pittsburgh, GB, Dallas, Arizona and Indy are all teams that could be looking to get an OT) and we could miss out on said OT at 17 because we were to busy playing chess. You pick the highest rated player on the board and not worry about Seattle.

Seattle may just look to trade down as they have no 3rd and could certainly stand to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd to help fill some of the glaring holes they have.

Seattle, NYG or Tennessee could all trade down with someone looking to move UP especially if we let an OT by us (Pittsburgh, GB, Dallas, Arizona and Indy are all teams that could be looking to get an OT) and we could miss out on said OT at 17 because we were to busy playing chess. You pick the highest rated player on the board and not worry about Seattle.

Seattle may just look to trade down as they have no 3rd and could certainly stand to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd to help fill some of the glaring holes they have.

Ok look at it this way. Spiller = Greater than any OT at #13. He's the #1 RB/KR/PR/Gamebreaker in the draft. The top 4 OT's will likely be gone by #13. So you are getting #5 on down. You are getting a second tier OT who is overdrafted and should be a 2nd rounder. A reach for need rather than the highest rated RB in the draft. And the best gamebreaker in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone