LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Karma's offseason mock

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i really dont like spending 2 1st rd picks on olinemen, 1 yes but not 2.

Before this year I'd agree. I wouldn't be at all disappointed.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Successful teams have good-to-great offensive lines. Why not take the opportunity to build a fantastic line!
Originally posted by Karma:

Successful teams have good-to-great offensive lines. Why not take the opportunity to build a fantastic line!

this.

we can do that in the 2nd rd and 3rd, look at the teams with great olines. they didnt built their oline on 1st rd picks, they may have 1 or 2. we gotta take the advantage of a really good play maker whether its spiller, haden or any one that can just make our team overall faster and more dynamic.

we can do that in the 2nd rd and 3rd, look at the teams with great olines. they didnt built their oline on 1st rd picks, they may have 1 or 2. we gotta take the advantage of a really good play maker whether its spiller, haden or any one that can just make our team overall faster and more dynamic.

Isee your point, but the same could be true of dynamic players. OL might be the safest position to draft in the first round. Wal-Mart is littered with former first round speedsters that couldn't make the transition. Often you can find overlooked playmakers in the 3rd round or later.
I like the draft.

If Lupati is not an instant starter, then he's not worth drafting. If you draft a guard in the middle of the first round, they had better be an instant starting player.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I like the draft.

If Lupati is not an instant starter, then he's not worth drafting. If you draft a guard in the middle of the first round, they had better be an instant starting player.

I agree to a point. If the draft were to work out this way I would still want Baas in camp to compete with Iupati. If Baas won out it wouldn't necessarily mean that it was a bads pick. In fact, watching Baas play for a year might make Iupati that much better. Then we could let Baas walk next year with no need to find a replacement. On the flip side, if Iupati beats Baas out, then he has earned his spot rather than just being the default starter.
Goldson will be moved to SS in the near future.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Goldson will be moved to SS in the near future.

I think that all depends on who we have on the roster when Lewis steps down. If we have an "in-the-box" safety that would be the best player to have on the field, then Goldson stays where he is. Goldson got much better at playing center field as the season wore on. He hits like a ton of bricks, but that is no reason to limit our search for another safety to FS.
Instead of Cox in the 2nd, I'd rather have Arenas (Alabama) because he solves two problems: CB depth, and he's an experienced KR/PR.

Originally posted by rapid4:
Baas is suspect -- play is uneven and he's often injured. Never lived up to his billing. How about a pass rusher?

1. Iupati is insurance for Baas. Baas has struggled with injuries, but I don't know if that's the only reason why he hasn't developed.

2. I really don't see a need for a pass rusher. Brooks is emerging, Haralson is hard-working, and Lawson is bouncing back. Additionally, Smith, McDonald, and others are increasing production. An early pass-pusher wouldn't see the field enough to make an impact right away.

I'd like to keep him, find a upgrade first someone to take the job from him.

1B. OG/OT Mike Iupati- He can come in and compete with Baas for the LG spot and at least takes over for him next year.

Opps just found the next larry allen. If we take an ot if best player and this kid shows up at 2 at are second pick, the niners just found a way to get this offense going. we could trade back up with are second be aggressive and grab the player you want as a kick returner..

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 9, 2010 at 00:21:37 ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
Problem with Arenas is he's 5'8/5'9, Cox is 6 foot

Cox is also a great kickoff returner, dont think he handles punts though

as others have noted, no way Holmgren gives up Cribbs for a 4th
I think it would have to be a 2nd, and im all for it

I think we also resign Pashos for insurance at RT
and Bring in a vet FA to compete with Chilo and Baas

So i'd rather grab someone like Hughes or Haden instead of Iupati.
but it sure wouldnt ruin my day if we call Iupati's name with that pick

Good mock, I like the ones that go over what you think the Niners will do before the draft
Share 49ersWebzone