There are 196 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowl Week Thread #4 (1/1 - 1/2)

Tebow's numbers today:

28/31 for 435 yards, 3 TDs.
35 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Cooper and Hernandez both over 100 yards with 1 TD apiece.

Gilyard with 6 catches for 26 yards, also average about 26 yards per return with a long of 40.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Dunlap looking good

I'm also keeping an eye on Jermaine Cunningham on the other side...very quick get off, but hasn't recorded a sack yet. He's someone we could be interested in later in the draft as a 3-4 OLB.

Dunlap still figures to go top 20, I'm sure, despite the off-field incident. His talent and measurables will be too much to pass on.

Cunningham will be an early day two guy.
Who is Florida's qb next season?
Thats John Brantley, very different player from Tebow

Corso is right on the money with his prediction for this game
[ Edited by Icelandic49er on Jan 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM ]
Man, I remember when the 49ers 2ndary was dominant, similar to like the Gators 2ndary in todays game against the Cincy Bearcats. With (FS) Ronnie Lott 49ers; Major Wright Gators, (CB) Eric Wright 49ers; Ahmad Black Gators, (CB) Don Griffin 49ers; Joe Haden Gators, & (CB) Tim McKyer 49ers; Janoris Jenkins Gators.

[ Edited by Quitugua on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:09 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Honestly, if Cincinnati wants to win, they should bench Pike and play his more mobile back-up. Florida is only rushing three men, and Cincy needs to adjust to that and run more draws and take advantage of the holes opening up.

Pike can make the throws, but he's really struggling to find receivers quickly, as well as struggling to escape the pressure.

I won't say there's no chance of them coming back though. Anyone who saw what they did to Pittsburgh can't feel that Florida's lead is safe right now.

I think after that last bomb, you can feel like Florida's lead is safe.

And watching UC's O-Line get absolutely dominated. They are clearly inferior by an astronomical margin and simply seem incapable of blocking Florida's DL, even when it is just 3 men.

I expected UC to lose, but not this badly. I would've preferred to see TCU play Florida. I think they would've had a chance. When you have no time to throw, it doesn't matter how amazing your receivers are, Pike isn't going to be able to find anyone.

(And people wonder why our offense struggles so much, as they watch Alex running for his life, play after play, even against the worst defenses.)

Exactly, I would love the 49ers to build-up on their O-Line as well as their D-Line with pass rushers, but in all honesty one of my favorite teams; the Florida Gators will blowout the TCU Horned Frogs. Just by watching todays game the competition between the defending Big East Champs vs. the SEC's Champ Runner-up, come on! Alabama just better keep it in the SEC, especially after they lost to Utah last year.

Originally posted by Quitugua:
Man, I remember when the 49ers 2ndary was dominant, similar to like the Gators 2ndary in todays game against the Cincy Bearcats. With (FS) Ronnie Lott 49ers; Major Wright Gators, (CB) Eric Wright 49ers; Ahmad Black Gators, & (CB) Don Griffin 49ers; Joe Haden Gators.

Dominating secondary would be really nice!
Today's prospects are added. You better pay attention to at least the Ole Miss vs. OKST and UConn vs. South Carolina games. Big-time prospects there.
Today's prospects are added. You better pay attention to at least the Ole Miss vs. OKST and UConn vs. South Carolina games. Big-time prospects there.

uconn
Originally posted by teeohh:

uconn

Wow. Nice TD catch. It would've been great if it had been Easley.

Jerome Murphy is having a very good game for USF. A fumble recovery and an interception on back to back plays.

McCluster reminds me of Sproles. He pretty much tool everyone to the outside a few plays ago.
I hate that there are two games on I want to watch

OTC what round do you see Dixon and Easley going in?

And is it safe to say Jevan Snead stays in school since he didn't have a great year?

And is it safe to say Jevan Snead stays in school since he didn't have a great year?

Snead absolutely needs to stay in school. His accuracy is absolutely atrocious. Never was impressed by him.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Snead absolutely needs to stay in school. His accuracy is absolutely atrocious. Never was impressed by him.

I've never understood why he's been ranked so high on draft boards. I agree--he needs to go back to school.

My honest opinion on Snead? He's just a horrible QB and I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole if I were drafting my franchise guy. The guy needs more than a year to work on his issues, which include inaccuracy, poor footwork, and bad decision making.

I project Easley to go in the late 3rd. Dixon the 6th.
Share 49ersWebzone