There are 659 users in the forums
The "Perfect" Niner Draft
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM
- JD81
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,605
Hughes, Kindle and Graham will be first round selections......Although being a Michigan fan I'd KILL for Graham....
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM
- jta854
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,305
Kindle is very overrated. IMO
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
Great athletes yes . . . but we would need to have signed two FA O-Linemen that projected as starters for me to be comfortable with that draft scenario.
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM
- fryet
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,386
CB and RB in the first round would not be a perfect scenario to me.
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Reasons why I do believe this would be the way to go:
1) Haden and Spiller are the absolute best at their postions and true game changers
2) There is not an OT other than Okung who is worthy of a top 10 selection IMO. There are some solid players that we can draft at RT in rd 3.
3) There are quite a few OLB pass rushers and I do believe there will be a good one
available in rd 2. I also do not see one that is worthy of a top 10 pick
1) Haden and Spiller are the absolute best at their postions and true game changers
2) There is not an OT other than Okung who is worthy of a top 10 selection IMO. There are some solid players that we can draft at RT in rd 3.
3) There are quite a few OLB pass rushers and I do believe there will be a good one
available in rd 2. I also do not see one that is worthy of a top 10 pick
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM
- kronik
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,316
Sam Young? Have you watched the guy play? Did you see him in the Stanford game? No thanks!
Of course, I like the Haden and Hughes picks though.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:13:48 ]
Of course, I like the Haden and Hughes picks though.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:13:48 ]
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:18 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Originally posted by kronik:
Sam Young? Have you watched the guy play? Did you see him in the Stanford game? No thanks!
Of course, I like the Haden and Hughes picks though.
Good point. He didnt have a good game there. However, his entire body of work has been pretty solid. There might be better choices for RT at that point and if a good one like Bulaga somehow fell to rd 2 I would grab him there.
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:25 PM
- MaliCali
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,400
im pretty sure at our first pick we have available patrick robinson will still be available...
and i would absolutely love that..
and i would absolutely love that..
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM
- TX9R
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,352
I get the wanting of a playmaker like SPiller, but the majority of great pass rushers in this league are high draft picks. I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for one in the second. It's been a decade since we had one, one lousy pass rusher and we didn't even draft him, the two we did actually draft, we let leave and star for other teams. One of the 1st rounders had better be an elite PR, it's no coincedence we haven't had a winning season since we last had one. I'm all for waiting later for interior line help and RT, because that's what you can get in later rounds anyway.
Dec 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM
- gilwankel
- Veteran
- Posts: 34
Originally posted by MaliCali:
im pretty sure at our first pick we have available patrick robinson will still be available...
and i would absolutely love that..
You mean in the second round, right?
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:04 PM
- FredFlintstone
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,741
can live with haden and spiller. if berry is gone
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM
- Gelder
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,509
Eric Berry or Joe Haden. Or even both if that was possible. That would instantly move our pass defense up 10 spots.
Other main need would be RT in the first.
We should address guard in the second, or through free agency.
Other main need would be RT in the first.
We should address guard in the second, or through free agency.
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM
- Ninerjohn
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,444
Originally posted by TX9R:
I get the wanting of a playmaker like SPiller, but the majority of great pass rushers in this league are high draft picks. I don't want to cross my fingers and hope for one in the second. It's been a decade since we had one, one lousy pass rusher and we didn't even draft him, the two we did actually draft, we let leave and star for other teams. One of the 1st rounders had better be an elite PR, it's no coincedence we haven't had a winning season since we last had one. I'm all for waiting later for interior line help and RT, because that's what you can get in later rounds anyway.
Well.. I guess the question then is who is truly worth being a top 10-15 selection at OLB. Hughes? Graham? They better be really great if we pass on Spiller or haden in my opinion. I just dont know if they are at that level. I know a lot in here think they are however.
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:09 PM
- PRIMETIME21
- Veteran
- Posts: 18,806
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
can live with haden and spiller. if berry is gone