LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

What happend to all of the Mount Cody talk?

Do you guys still think Cody will be a first rounder?
Its still there, but the guy is very overrated IMO and could very well fall out of the 1st round due to the fact that he's just not a 3-down player.

Run stuffers can be found thoughout the draft.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Its still there, but the guy is very overrated IMO and could very well fall out of the 1st round due to the fact that he's just not a 3-down player.

I figured it was because Franklin is doing his thing!
We discovered that our o-line was in shambles.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Do you guys still think Cody will be a first rounder?

Yes I think he will be a first rounder.
We're actually pretty decent at stopping the run now, and Franklin has played better dating back to when Manusky took over as DC last year. Pass-rush OLB and playmaking safety are higher priorities on defense imo.
We need a player that can play all three downs. Cody is the type, just like Sopoaga and Franklin, where he comes off on 3rd down.

A stud RT, RG, or a bonafide pass rusher is what we need.

WHAT?!? Players like Cody can not be found "thoughout the draft." Players like Cody only come along every few years, if that.

I'm not saying that he will be a great or good NFL player, but a kid with his upside is very very rare.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jta854:

WHAT?!? Players like Cody can not be found "thoughout the draft." Players like Cody only come along every few years, if that.

I'm not saying that he will be a great or good NFL player, but a kid with his upside is very very rare.

Cody is the second coming of Ted Washington. Good 2 gap 3-4 NT who is a 2 down player.

We play a 1 gap 3-4....I would not waste a top 25 pick on TC at this point. But we will see how the rest of the season plays out for him and how he fares in the offseason leading up to the draft (Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro Day)
Wouldn't mind if we could get him in second round. Got higher needs at this point for our two 1st rounders.

I think Cody will fall some in the draft(still a 1st rounder though) due to his weight being out of control.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Cody is the second coming of Ted Washington. Good 2 gap 3-4 NT who is a 2 down player.

We play a 1 gap 3-4....I would not waste a top 25 pick on TC at this point. But we will see how the rest of the season plays out for him and how he fares in the offseason leading up to the draft (Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro Day)

Is that because we want to; or because we have to, given the players we have?
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I figured it was because Franklin is doing his thing!

That was my thought. Our run defense has largely been stout this year, particularly up the gut. If we resign Franklin (he's a FA next year, right?), than spending a first on a NT may not be justifiable. Not when positions like RT and OG appear to have no solutions currently on the roster.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

We play a 1 gap 3-4 not because of our talent, but because we don't have a 2 gap 3-4 NT. That's the only reason we play the 1 gap. IMO if we had a 2 gap NT, we would be alot better off. Logical thinking (I know that's not warranted here) will tell you that if one player and "eat" to opposing linemen, that's a good thing.

I live in Bama and get to games every now and then. Cody is an absolute force on the inside. He is also very athletic for his size. The guy saved Alabama's National
Championship hopes with those two blocked field-goals versus Tennessee. He is going to make some NFL team very happy.
Share 49ersWebzone