LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

2010 NFL Draft Order - Final

Have they selected a date for the draft? Or are they still not sure whether they're going to do the 3 day thing.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Team--W-L--Opp W-L %
1 St. Louis (1-14) .525
2 Detroit (2-13) .517
3 Kansas City (3-12) .521
4 Tampa Bay (3-12) .558
5 Washington (4-11) .500
6 Cleveland (4-11) .504
7 Seattle (5-10) .475
8 Buffalo (5-10) .517
9 Oakland (5-10) .521
10 Denver - from Chicago (6-9) .492
11 San Francisco (7-8) .483
12 Jacksonville (7-8) .492
13 Tennessee (7-8) .546
14 San Francisco - from Carolina (7-8) .550
15 Miami (7-8) .554
16 Pittsburgh (8-7) .479
17 Atlanta (8-7) .508
18 Houston (8-7) .517
19 Baltimore (8-7) .521
20 New York Jets (8-7) .525
21 Seattle - from Denver (8-7) .529
22 New York Giants (8-7) .542
23 Green Bay (10-5) .433
24 Arizona (10-5) .442
25 Cincinnati (10-5) .471
26 Dallas (10-5) .500
27 New England (10-5) .513
28 Minnesota (11-4) .433
29 Philadelphia (11-4) .483
30 San Diego (12-3) .454
31 New Orleans (13-2) .425
32 Indianapolis (14-1) .471

Note on the 7-8 teams:

- JAX plays at CLE
- TEN plays at Seattle
- MIA plays PITT

SO, if CAR loses to New Orleans on Sunday, that pick will be 11th-13th overall depending on what Jax and Ten do.
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Also, if we lose against the Rams and the Bears win against Cleveland and the Panthers lose against the Saints and Tennessee and Jacksonville win, we'll end up with the 10th and 12th picks. Not bad.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 29, 2009 at 3:20 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we lose to the Rams and the Bears beat Detroit we'll get the 10th pick. Not likely to happpen as we'll probably beat the Rams, but still the possibility is there.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 29, 2009 at 8:05 AM ]
I would rather beat the rams than have the #10 pick.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I've got big concerns over our draft selections, as they are heading more to the middle of the first round with each passing week. Thank God this is the end of the season, because it looks like the Panthers can beat nearly anyone in the league right now.

I hate the Vikings, but still pulled for them big time last night. Why?

The Bears loss could be another setback for the draft, as it makes the Saints-Panthers game meaningless. The Vikings' loss last night automatically hands home field advantage to the Saints throughout the playoffs, and since their game will no have impact on any other playoff team, I expect the Saints to play backups throughout the game.

The Panthers-Saints game will be in Carolina, and I expect the Panthers to win, which would push their record to 8-8. Nearly as important, the Panthers will have played a tougher schedule than every 8-8 team, except possibly one other. Which means the Panthers' selection, which the Niners possess, is going to be well down the draft board.

So, Niners' fans have got to pull hard for all the 8-7 teams to pull off big wins the week, in order to preven these teams from having the same 8-8 record as the Panthers, and our team from selecting in the range of 20th overall (with the Panthers' pick).

More and more, I expect the Niners' two selections to be in the 14th and 17th overall area, which is a pretty big dropoff in talent from the top dozen players, especially in positions of need.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Everyone needs to pray to the football gods that we don't drop too much.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Ditto
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I've got big concerns over our draft selections, as they are heading more to the middle of the first round with each passing week. Thank God this is the end of the season, because it looks like the Panthers can beat nearly anyone in the league right now.

I hate the Vikings, but still pulled for them big time last night. Why?

The Bears loss could be another setback for the draft, as it makes the Saints-Panthers game meaningless. The Vikings' loss last night automatically hands home field advantage to the Saints throughout the playoffs, and since their game will no have impact on any other playoff team, I expect the Saints to play backups throughout the game.

The Panthers-Saints game will be in Carolina, and I expect the Panthers to win, which would push their record to 8-8. Nearly as important, the Panthers will have played a tougher schedule than every 8-8 team, except possibly one other. Which means the Panthers' selection, which the Niners possess, is going to be well down the draft board.

So, Niners' fans have got to pull hard for all the 8-7 teams to pull off big wins the week, in order to preven these teams from having the same 8-8 record as the Panthers, and our team from selecting in the range of 20th overall (with the Panthers' pick).

More and more, I expect the Niners' two selections to be in the 14th and 17th overall area, which is a pretty big dropoff in talent from the top dozen players, especially in positions of need.

True but at the end of the day it's about right. the Panthers aren't nearly as bad as they played this year. They are a team that has better than 8-8 talent imo. I think at this point be happy they didn't make a serious playoff push and take it for what it is.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Not me, I'd rather have the 10th pick and a better player.
No matter what happens I don't want us picking before Carolina. I believe due to strength of schedule we still pick after them if we finish with the same record.

I would like an earlier draft pick but not from losing to the Rams. If it was a playoff team we were facing I'd have no issues if we lost and may actually root for it.

But to lose to the Rams - that would really sting.

...then again that way they won't be able to get Suh.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
I believe due to strength of schedule we still pick after them if we finish with the same record.

Wrong, we have the weaker SOS so we'd pick before them if we finish with the same record.
Share 49ersWebzone