LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

2010 NFL Draft Order - Final

Carolina will lose out so we should be around 8
Originally posted by jreff22:
Carolina will lose out so we should be around 8

Could happen. With their schedule, I expect them to lose at least 3 of 4. That would put them at around 7 or 8, historically. 'losing out' should put them at 5 or 6.
carolina will lose the rest of their games, i mean they let the bucs hang around and they are gawd awful. they will be a 7-8 pick, hopefully berry falls around that.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
carolina will lose the rest of their games, i mean they let the bucs hang around and they are gawd awful. they will be a 7-8 pick, hopefully berry falls around that.

Berry could fall ... and then Spiller at 12?

Those two picks would make me
Originally posted by dman:

That is the sexy 1st round. Hopefully the 9ers pick a solid OL in FA and then draft the best available OL in the 2nd.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

That is the sexy 1st round. Hopefully the 9ers pick a solid OL in FA and then draft the best available OL in the 2nd.

Ya depending on who we sign in FA ... realistically we should take Berry if hes there and Spiller if hes not then take the best tackle with our other 1st.

Something like CJ Spiller and Trent Williams in the 1st round would be nice and actually realistic.
Nick,

That order can't be right. The Niners and Panthers have the same record, 5-7, and the Panthers have played a much more difficult schedule. If anything, the teams should be reversed, with the Niners' own pick earlier.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nick,

That order can't be right. The Niners and Panthers have the same record, 5-7, and the Panthers have played a much more difficult schedule. If anything, the teams should be reversed, with the Niners' own pick earlier.

Carolina opponents have a winning % of 51%, while ours is 54%. Lower SOS = higher pick.

OMG i would go f**king insane if thats the way our 1st rd went. it cant get any better
that's a lot of $$$ invested in the 1st round. i really hope we keep our picks and not trade down

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Nick,

Carolina opponents have a winning % of 51%, while ours is 54%. Lower SOS = higher pick.

I was skeptical of your numbers since last week the Niners had an opponents' winning % of .494, while the Panthers had a .557.

However, I just ran the numbers, and.....Wow, the tables turned dramatically in one week. I've not seen this dramatic a switch in a long time, so....I apologize for doubting your earlier post.

Mea Culpa, and good news for Niners' fans as the pick becomes an earlier selection. However, the good times may end soon, as the Panthers now play four teams in a row with winning records.

The Niners' opponents' winning percentage probably apexed this week. The Lions are going to hack into that winning % soon, which, once again, is a good thing for us.

If those two guys are on the board, the team has to seriously consider this option, even though there is a greater need elsewhere on the team.

I mean, do you give up the chance to have an Ed Reed and Chris Johnson on your team just because you need a RT? You have to select the best player available.

If those two guys are on the board, the team has to seriously consider this option, even though there is a greater need elsewhere on the team.

I mean, do you give up the chance to have an Ed Reed and Chris Johnson on your team just because you need a RT? You have to select the best player available.

thoughts on Fox from Miami and Cox from OSU?
Still confused on draft order at this point. One of the most reliable sources for the draft order, GBNreport.com, has the Niners at 11 and tied for 13th. It has the Niners' own selection before the Panthers.

Either Walters or GBN report is wrong, since their numbers conflict.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The GBN Report takes into account the winning % of opponents through 16 games, while other may have only taken into account the % up to this point.
Share 49ersWebzone