There are 291 users in the forums

2010 NFL Draft Order - Final

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
carolina will lose the rest of their games, i mean they let the bucs hang around and they are gawd awful. they will be a 7-8 pick, hopefully berry falls around that.

Berry could fall ... and then Spiller at 12?

Those two picks would make me

If those two guys are on the board, the team has to seriously consider this option, even though there is a greater need elsewhere on the team.

I mean, do you give up the chance to have an Ed Reed and Chris Johnson on your team just because you need a RT? You have to select the best player available.

That's great and all, but what if they don't turn out that way? With those 2 players they are a respective 2 games below .500. Would Ed Reed help the 49ers against New Orleans WRs, or would getting pressure on Drew Brees help? He is just one guy. I hate this hyperbole. You guys always make it seem like one player is the end all be all. It doesn't work that way. It takes more than one player to turn around the fortunes of a team (franchise QB notwithstanding).

I actually with BPA in the 1st round. Almost always.
Originally posted by FL9er:
The GBN Report takes into account the winning % of opponents through 16 games, while other may have only taken into account the % up to this point.

Thank you. I should have followed the note at the top of the page. Finally, it makes sense, since the current numbers for opponents thus far are not adding up.
after 13 games played, Carolina currently holds the 8th overall draft pick.

If Carolina (5-8) loses out (MIN, @NYG, NO)

and Washington (4-9) gets one more win (NYG, DAL, @SD)

and Oakland (4-9) gets one more win (@DEN, @CLE, BAL)

and Carolina's strength of schedule (.547) remains the tiebreaker for 5 win teams

THEN we will have their #6 pick (behind TB, CLE, KC, DET, STL which pretty much locks up the top 5 picks)
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by five1oh:

and Carolina's strength of schedule (.547) remains the tiebreaker for 5 win teams

THEN we will have their #6 pick (behind TB, CLE, KC, DET, STL which pretty much locks up the top 5 picks)

Seems Pretty plausible. Carolina could easily lose out, washington could beat the giants or the cowboys(its december), and I could see oackland beating clevelend. If this amazing scenario plays out does anyone thing berry would be available at 6?

Actually, you have it backwards.. The opposing teams winning percentage would work against us in this case. The Panthers pick would be last among teams that have 5 wins, not first. I know, it's somewhat counter intuitive, but that's how it works.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Actually, you have it backwards.. The opposing teams winning percentage would work against us in this case. The Panthers pick would be last among teams that have 5 wins, not first. I know, it's somewhat counter intuitive, but that's how it works.

It makes sense. A team losing to worse competition deserves to draft higher.
The Niners will draft 11th and 12th based on their loss and the Carolina win.

The Vikings stunk today. Just a flat out BAD performance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like the Carolina pick will end up top ten.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If us and Carolina finish the season with a loss, will pick 11 and 12, respectively with 7-9 records. If we win and they win we will probably drop in the 14-15 range. I'll have this weeks updated draft order on Tuesday morning.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Dec 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM ]
A preliminary breakdown on Sunday evening has the Niners drafting 11th with their own pick, and either 13th, 14th, or 15th with the Panthers' pick. This would be based on a projected 16 game season, with the Panthers in a virtual dead heat with the Titans and Dolphins in opponents' W-L percentage.

Even though there were a few shockers this week, not much movement in the top 15 picks.

What I can say with clarity is that the Niners will not be selecting in the top 10 picks, unless Chicago wins both of their remaining games (unlikely). So, the team will be selecting at 11th overall, at best. And, that would come with either a loss to the Rams, or a loss with all remaining 7-8 teams, or if the Panthers lose next week, and all the 7-8 teams win.

If I was a betting man, I'd say the Saints show up next week and beat the Panthers, and the same for the Niners at St. Louis. Then, the 7-8 and 8-8 teams would play a major role in the final outcome.

Expect the Niners to draft 12th and 15th overall in the 2010 NFL draft.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM ]

As long as we are in between 11 and 15 with both picks I am happy. That seems to be the sweet spot. You aren't over paying for some "blue chip" player that hasn't proven anything, but you can still pick up a tremendous talent. And, as we saw last year, you can occassionally have a player of extrodinary talent fall in your lap.
i want an update!
Originally posted by teeohh:
i want an update!

Here you go

As it stands right now, we're picking 11th and 14th.
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by teeohh:
i want an update!

Here you go

As it stands right now, we're picking 11th and 14th.

jesus christ there could be so many 8-8 teams
Team--W-L--Opp W-L %
1 St. Louis (1-14) .525
2 Detroit (2-13) .517
3 Kansas City (3-12) .521
4 Tampa Bay (3-12) .558
5 Washington (4-11) .500
6 Cleveland (4-11) .504
7 Seattle (5-10) .475
8 Buffalo (5-10) .517
9 Oakland (5-10) .521
10 Denver - from Chicago (6-9) .492