There are 213 users in the forums

What 2 positions do you want targeted next year in the 1st round?

• krizay
  • Veteran
QB do what we have to get Bradford or locker.

OT/OG or best defensive playmaker at the DE/OLB/DB position.
  • Money
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by B650:
QB and QB. If QB's taken in the 1st round are successful 50% of the time, it's a can't-miss situation.

haha. So if 4 QBs are taken in the first, its still a 50% chance both are busts.

hehe[/u]
K then RB

S(berry) RT or G maybe even RB best or spiller
With our higher pick, S (if possible to get either Berry/Mays) or QB. With our second, OT or pass rusher.
The way the team is playing and with Baas probably walking in FA, it looks like the team will need TWO interior linemen and an OT. We really need to solidify the Oline first because, as we can see in all the games so far, not having a good oline will cause 3-and-outs, cause bad field position, and put pressure on the defense.

I don't think we can afford the luxury of getting a bonafide pass rusher or a game changing safety yet.

Trade down scenario perhaps?
Gore is a great running back and I think if we draft a couple of lineman with a safety early in next years draft we could become the "power" running team that we should be right now. I woudln't give up on Rachal just yet but drafting a left guard, a safety, and a right tackle would be GOOD!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
How can anyone not put QB there?
  • dj43
1. LG is the greatest need issue but would not likely need a high first round pick to solve the issue...but this must be solved. Baas will not be re-signed unless he radically turns his play around.

2. Alex Smith must be given a chance to see if Mike Johnson's coaching has solve his problems. If not, then a QB is the priority pick overall. It is clear that Shaun Hill will be nothing more than a game manager.

3. With Michael Lewis likely headed for retirement due to his repeated concussions, SS is another priority, although again, that is not usually a first round pick, certainly not a high one.

4. ROT - nothing more need be said.

At least one of these might be solved in FA but I don't see a real quality guy out there unless the Pats decide not to retain Mankins.
Eric Berry/Taylor Mays and Anthony Davis/Bryan Bulaga/Ciron Black.
OG and QB

• cools
  • Veteran
Tough to say before free agency, but just for fun im gonna assume a few things are fixed/upgraded via free agency, like OG (Colledge, GB) and S (Atogwe, Stl)
and OLB (Laboy, FA depth along w/ Brooks behind Haralson and Manny)
This may be a reach of a FA wish list, but if two of the three happen that would be great

OLB (OLB Hughes/Hardy or S Mays) I like Berry too, but he will prob go top 5
OT (C.Black) this guy should become a great RT, and from what ive read, geat team leader and work ethic also
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Because without a line it really doesn't matter who we have at qb. And probably because no one is sure yet what we have in Davies.

And as far as I can gather, the qb class has some pretty big question marks right now
RT & Best player available in no certain order.
Only two? Our need based on priority, IMO is:

ROT--Self explanatory
DE/OLB--Also self explanatory
SS--M. Lewis will not be the same and we need youth...welcome Mr. Mays or Mr. Berry.
DT--Not as desperate a need since Franklin has come on.

Based on what I just saw today over the Net, I would go like this:

FA
DE/OLB--Peppers (Car): He's made it clear he wants to play in a 3-4 and we give him that opp.
ROT--McNeil (SD): They can't re-sign Merriman, Rivers AND McNeil.

Draft:
Top 10 (Car): Taylor Mays, FS/SS--Can start from day one to succeed M. Lewis.
Top 20: T. Cody, NT--Wilfolk signed with someone else, therefore we take MT. Cody
Second: Lupati, G--Huge ass guard to take over D. Baas when he leaves via FA.
Third: Areanas, CB/RS--Thank you OTC, yet he may be a second rounder by combine.

Hmmmmm....

Our OLs: Staley--Lupati--Heitmann--Rachal--McNeil
Our DLs: J. Smith--Cody/Franklin--McD/Balmer
Our LBs: Peppers--Spikes--Willis--Haralson
Our DBs: Clements--Mays--Goldson--Spencer

RS Arenas

Still, there are so many other combos from FA and draft that would make this team better so either way, we are going to become a much more talented team in 2010.

It's about time!!!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Because without a line it really doesn't matter who we have at qb. And probably because no one is sure yet what we have in Davies.

And as far as I can gather, the qb class has some pretty big question marks right now

Yeah we got other picks plus free agency to address the o-line. If any of you think we will go far with Hill or Smith you are nuts.

We got our RB's in Gore and Coffee, TE's in Davis and Walker, WR's in Crabtree and Morgan, now lets go get a QB. Use other 1st round pick and 2nd round pick on o-line if we have to. Or sign the best o-line free agent.

Drafting a QB for the franchise is easily the most important need for this team.
Share 49ersWebzone