LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

What 2 positions do you want targeted next year in the 1st round?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by English:
How can anyone not put QB there?

Because without a line it really doesn't matter who we have at qb. And probably because no one is sure yet what we have in Davies.

And as far as I can gather, the qb class has some pretty big question marks right now

Yeah we got other picks plus free agency to address the o-line. If any of you think we will go far with Hill or Smith you are nuts.

We got our RB's in Gore and Coffee, TE's in Davis and Walker, WR's in Crabtree and Morgan, now lets go get a QB. Use other 1st round pick and 2nd round pick on o-line if we have to. Or sign the best o-line free agent.

Drafting a QB for the franchise is easily the most important need for this team.

You missed the point in my second para. Right now the qb's look a high risk pick. Who would you pick?

OL looks a lower risk pick early on, and we have no need as great. Lets get the line right.
Originally posted by English:
How can anyone not put QB there?

Because without a line it really doesn't matter who we have at qb. And probably because no one is sure yet what we have in Davies.

And as far as I can gather, the qb class has some pretty big question marks right now

Yeah we got other picks plus free agency to address the o-line. If any of you think we will go far with Hill or Smith you are nuts.

We got our RB's in Gore and Coffee, TE's in Davis and Walker, WR's in Crabtree and Morgan, now lets go get a QB. Use other 1st round pick and 2nd round pick on o-line if we have to. Or sign the best o-line free agent.

Drafting a QB for the franchise is easily the most important need for this team.

You missed the point in my second para. Right now the qb's look a high risk pick. Who would you pick?

OL looks a lower risk pick early on, and we have no need as great. Lets get the line right.
I tend to think Pashos will be our guy at RT. He's decent and more importantly, durable. Lack of continuity has been a huge problem for our OL imo, with Baas and Snyder constantly shuffling in and out and/or not practicing.

I have a strong feeling about Atogwe, since we know he's dating Sing's daughter and he went to school at Stanford. Dunno whether the Rams will franchise him again though.

Franklin should be re-signed.

Which leaves us with needs at OG, OLB (we scheme our pressure for the most part), and QB. I like Hill, but seeing the diff between him and Ryan clearly demonstrated just how valuable a true franchise QB can be. Since we made a run at Warner in FA, I could easily see us taking a QB with one of our 1sts. Hopefully Locker!
RT, LG, RG, SS, FS, QB and yes possibly WR if Dez Bryant is there.

Anybody with game breaking speed. Offense or defense or somebody who can also contribute to special teams in addition to their regular duties. Great teams have game breakers and great speed. Where is the speed on this team?
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
If there is a QB who our coaches/scouts believe could be a franchise QB available when we pick then we have to pick him. End of story. Don't fool yourself into thinking it won't happen because franchises rise and fall on the arm of their QB. If you can get a good one then your can build your team around them. We have a good D but guess what? It got shredded by a top O last week. Personally I believe we need to upgrade our O-Line but I'd rather we got proven performers through free agency and I'd never use a top 20 pick on a RT or a guard either, the comparatively limited skill set and physical tools mean they should be drafted later. Phil Loadholt to me was no better a physical and skill prospect than Boone but because of other issues he fell out of the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone