LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The SR class of WR is very weak, only LaFell and Gilyard are 1st round talent. JR Class is loaded though. I listed all the guys I think will go in the first 3 rounds.

I put A.J. Green in there, because I think he may be the WR in all of college football even though he is just a Sophmore.

My rankings as of now:

1. Dez Bryant, OKlahoma State*
2. A.J. Green, Georgia** - Only a Sophmore, but he will be a top 5 pick when he comes out
3. Brandon LaFell, LSU
4. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
5. Golden Tate, Notre Dame* -
6. Arrellious Benn, Illinois* - Potential to move up to #1, but his hands are holding him back. Too often he body catches.
7. Mike Williams, Syracuse*
8. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas*
9. Damian Williams, USC*
10. Jacoby Ford, Clemson
11. Eric Decker, Minnesota
12. Jeremy Williams, Tulane
13. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech*
14. Danario Alexander, Mizzou
15. Jordan Shipley, Texas
16. Armanti Edwards, App State

* - Junior
** - Sophmore

If Clausen stays I would be Tate stays as well.

I still want Shipley!!!
Decker could very well sneak into the first.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for 49ersalldaway126.
no WRs for us next year we got crabs
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

We will likely lose Bruce, and possibly AB. Another WR wouldn't be a bad thing. I prefer spending the 1st on a QB personally, but I wouldn't be angy if it was on a WR.
Originally posted by WINiner:

We will likely lose Bruce, and possibly AB. Another WR wouldn't be a bad thing. I prefer spending the 1st on a QB personally, but I wouldn't be angy if it was on a WR.

Next year's starters could look like Morgan, Crabtree, and Hill. That looks good to me especially with Delanie and Vernon.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

bruce and battle could be gone, we need a wr that can return kicks!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jrg:
Remember the last time we drafted a WR from Oklahoma State?

Woods not working out is not indicative that OSU receivers don't translate to the NFL well. There is little to no evidence to support that. Before woods, who was even the last receiver from Oklahoma State selected on day one?

We can't use one man's failure as logic for staying away from a talent like Bryant if we're interested in selecting him.

Example? R. Jay Soward, selected 29th overall out of USC, and Dwayne Jarrett also. Just because he (Soward) was a bust and Jarrett hasn't done anything either, doesn't mean USC produces bust receivers.

Steve Smith (of the Giants) is doing pretty good. He was the other SC receiver that got much less fanfare than Jarrett. No one could have expected he'd be a starter while Jarrett doesn't even see the field.
OK, with Crabtree in the fold, I say take my boy Jacoby Ford from Clemson with a midround pick. The kid will likely run the fastest time at the combine (NCAA inoor track champion), and he plays with that kind of speed on the field. He'd be great in the slot and to stretch the field, and he's a dangerous return guy as well.

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I agree with the two plus I think that receiver from Cincinnati might go in the first.

I'd pick Bryant though.

I'd gladly welcome Marshawn Gilyard here.

You're all over his bandwagon OTC. I'm starting to slowly catch on. This kid's good, and looks like he's got quite a bit of game speed. Any comparisons from previous years?

In my opinion, I see a little of DeSean Jackson in him. What do you think OTC?

He does have a little DeSean-looking ability in him. The first thing I though was he reminds me of a faster, more agile Mario Manningham. So.. basically combine Jackson and Manningham, and you've got Gilyard -- a guy with great speed and good hands, who simply produces.

I believe he's a high-character kid as well.

liking this guy, I think he would be a good fit.

• GEEK
  • Veteran

Next year's starters could look like Morgan, Crabtree, and Hill. That looks good to me especially with Delanie and Vernon.

Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones with Hill as the 4th wideout.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
OK, with Crabtree in the fold, I say take my boy Jacoby Ford from Clemson with a midround pick. The kid will likely run the fastest time at the combine (NCAA inoor track champion), and he plays with that kind of speed on the field. He'd be great in the slot and to stretch the field, and he's a dangerous return guy as well.

I definetely want a young, fast return guy on this team. He looks good.
We could use some more speed at WR. We lack a true speedster, with the ability to break one deep at any time.

Hopefully we can find someone in the mid rounds that could add a spark to our passing/return game..

Taylor Price or Jacoby Ford??
Originally posted by GEEK:

Crabtree, Morgan, and Jones with Hill as the 4th wideout.

Whoops. Forgot all about Brandon Jones.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The SR class of WR is very weak, only LaFell and Gilyard are 1st round talent. JR Class is loaded though. I listed all the guys I think will go in the first 3 rounds.

I put A.J. Green in there, because I think he may be the WR in all of college football even though he is just a Sophmore.

My rankings as of now:

1. Dez Bryant, OKlahoma State*
2. A.J. Green, Georgia** - Only a Sophmore, but he will be a top 5 pick when he comes out
3. Brandon LaFell, LSU
4. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
5. Golden Tate, Notre Dame* -
6. Arrellious Benn, Illinois* - Potential to move up to #1, but his hands are holding him back. Too often he body catches.
7. Mike Williams, Syracuse*
8. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas*
9. Damian Williams, USC*
10. Jacoby Ford, Clemson
11. Eric Decker, Minnesota
12. Jeremy Williams, Tulane
13. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech*
14. Danario Alexander, Mizzou
15. Jordan Shipley, Texas
16. Armanti Edwards, App State

* - Junior
** - Sophmore

You forgot about Julio Jones, he's probably the best sophmore in the nation.
Share 49ersWebzone