LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I agree with the two plus I think that receiver from Cincinnati might go in the first.

I'd pick Bryant though.

I'd gladly welcome Marshawn Gilyard here.

You're all over his bandwagon OTC. I'm starting to slowly catch on. This kid's good, and looks like he's got quite a bit of game speed. Any comparisons from previous years?

In my opinion, I see a little of DeSean Jackson in him. What do you think OTC?

He does have a little DeSean-looking ability in him. The first thing I though was he reminds me of a faster, more agile Mario Manningham. So.. basically combine Jackson and Manningham, and you've got Gilyard -- a guy with great speed and good hands, who simply produces.

I believe he's a high-character kid as well.

Sounds good to me. However, if we have the opportunity to select Eric Berry with our first pick, will the team look for a WR with their second 1st rounder? As of right now, I think Gilyard could be had in the 2nd round but of course, anything can change.
I'd take a hard look at Minnesota WR Eric Decker. The kid is 6'3", 215, and has the best hands in the country. He makes plays in traffic and runs great routes to get open.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I agree with the two plus I think that receiver from Cincinnati might go in the first.

I'd pick Bryant though.

I'd gladly welcome Marshawn Gilyard here.

You're all over his bandwagon OTC. I'm starting to slowly catch on. This kid's good, and looks like he's got quite a bit of game speed. Any comparisons from previous years?

In my opinion, I see a little of DeSean Jackson in him. What do you think OTC?

He does have a little DeSean-looking ability in him. The first thing I though was he reminds me of a faster, more agile Mario Manningham. So.. basically combine Jackson and Manningham, and you've got Gilyard -- a guy with great speed and good hands, who simply produces.

I believe he's a high-character kid as well.

Sounds good to me. However, if we have the opportunity to select Eric Berry with our first pick, will the team look for a WR with their second 1st rounder? As of right now, I think Gilyard could be had in the 2nd round but of course, anything can change.

My hope is that we'll be picking late in round 2. I doubt he'll be there in the late 2nd. And if we're picking early I. The 2nd then we need to completely get back to the drawing board.
I heard somewhere that Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech might re-enter the 2010 draft. There might a good possibility right there of getting us a top notch star receiver...

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I heard somewhere that Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech might re-enter the 2010 draft. There might a good possibility right there of getting us a top notch star receiver...

I know, too bad the 49ers can't draft him.

He may not be a 1st round draft pick, but I like Minnesota's WR Eric Decker. What do you think?
^^^^ I think Decker would fit what the Niners are doing. I'd take him.
What's the word on Brandon LaFell? Looks like he has good size and speed but doesn't seem all that productive.
Originally posted by domesik:

Why not?? Let's draft him again and offer him less money!!
And if he signs bench his ass

Wanna screw us over for 2009?? We will screw you over 2009-2020

Wow that would be classic... I still made myself laugh though, I don't need an audience!
Originally posted by Giggiddy:

Wow that would be classic... I still made myself laugh though, I don't need an audience!

NFL rules prohibit us from drafting Michael Crabtree again if he were to re-enter the NFL Draft.

[ Edited by PTulini on Oct 3, 2009 at 14:51:03 ]

Originally posted by Giggiddy:

NFL rules prohibit us from drafting Michael Crabtree again if he were to re-enter the NFL Draft.

Wouldn't draft him anyways was more of something I was laughing at as I typed it. But I think it is a stupid rule. If a player can choose to not play with a team who is giving him the opportunity to live his dream as an NFL player then teams should be able to draft whoever they want.
Hell Yeah to Eric Decker
i really like gilyard and decker
Performances from top WR prospects today:

A. Benn -- 5 catches for 96 yards against Penn St.
B. LaFell -- 3 catches for 52 yards against Georgia.
M. Gilyard -- 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD against Miami (OH).
E. Decker -- 8 catches for 140 yards and 1 TD against Wisconsin.
M. Williams -- 13 catches 186 yards and 2 TDs against South Florida.
Anyone know anything about where emmanuel sanders, the receiver out of SMU is projected to go?
Share 49ersWebzone