LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

Now that Michael Crabtree has reportedly signed a 6-year deal, the 49ers may finally have a future #1 WR. However, we could also lose Isaac Bruce and Arnaz Battle looking ahead at the 2010 season. Projections are difficult, but who would you like to draft in 2010? Feel free to add WRs you like. To begin this discussion, lets look at two prospects likely to go in the 1st round next year.

#1- Dez Bryant- Oklahoma St. 6-2, 220 lbs.

#9- Arrelious Benn- Illinois 6-2, 220 lbs.

I feel like Arrelious Benn would be a better fit for our 49ers. If you you look at the highlight video, they appear to use Benn in WR screen plays, end arounds... They get him out in space and let him run with the ball. Also if you notice, the beginning of the Arrelious Benn video, he lists VERNON DAVIS as his favorite player!

[ Edited by PTulini on Oct 7, 2009 at 10:37:22 ]
I agree with the two plus I think that receiver from Cincinnati might go in the first.

I'd pick Bryant though.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad receiver to pick a WR even if Crabtree signs....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'll take which ever one is the fastest. We need a deep threat.
I'm willing to bet that if the pick we got from Carolina is in the top 10 we'll trade back. If you factor in our pick witch I'm thinking will be in the mid 20's there's a potential to pick up a few impact players in the first couple rounds.

Just another possibility.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm willing to bet that if the pick we got from Carolina is in the top 10 we'll trade back. If you factor in our pick witch I'm thinking will be in the mid 20's there's a potential to pick up a few impact players in the first couple rounds.

Just another possibility.

if berry is there we better not, if not then i have no problem with it
Mid Round WR

Jordan Shipley
6'0 195
Slot WR

With the possibility of Bruce, Spurlock, and Battle being gone I think we go after 2 guys this year. Shipley can play in the slot, return kicks, and punts.
that is what I would like ^^^^ a receiver that can return s**t
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I agree with the two plus I think that receiver from Cincinnati might go in the first.

I'd pick Bryant though.

I'd gladly welcome Marshawn Gilyard here.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I'd pick Bryant though.

I found a video for you OTC!

I'd pick Bryant though.

You're all over his bandwagon OTC. I'm starting to slowly catch on. This kid's good, and looks like he's got quite a bit of game speed. Any comparisons from previous years?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I'd pick Bryant though.

You're all over his bandwagon OTC. I'm starting to slowly catch on. This kid's good, and looks like he's got quite a bit of game speed. Any comparisons from previous years?

In my opinion, I see a little of DeSean Jackson in him. What do you think OTC?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I'd pick Bryant though.

In my opinion, I see a little of DeSean Jackson in him. What do you think OTC?

He does have a little DeSean-looking ability in him. The first thing I though was he reminds me of a faster, more agile Mario Manningham. So.. basically combine Jackson and Manningham, and you've got Gilyard -- a guy with great speed and good hands, who simply produces.

I believe he's a high-character kid as well.

I'd pick Bryant though.

btw he is good, but that film was sped up so dont get to excited about his speed
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

I'd pick Bryant though.

btw he is good, but that film was sped up so dont get to excited about his speed

But relative to everyone else he's still faster right? I wasn't judging him based on how fast he was moving relative to how I move in everyday life. I was judging based on how fast he was compared to the others around him in that same video.
Share 49ersWebzone