LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Wait til his ankle heals up, then he'll get some of the speed back he had earlier this season
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I am convinced that most teams are drooling over Crabtree. But, in my estimation, we are a poor enough team that adding a great wide receiver will not turn our team around. The last greatest wide receiver, Calvin Johnson, did not measurable improve the Detroit Lions. I think Crabtree would not do much more for us.

Most teams many teams are going to be quite willing to pay a premium for Crabtree. If Crabtree is available when we pick, we should be willing to trade down.

Philadelphia has two picks at the end of the first round. Crabtree would make the Eagles a serious contender. I would trade our high first round pick for the Eagles two first round picks and a third.

If you combine those picks with a comp pick that we should be given in the fourth, we have the chance to add exceptional talent to our roster–talent that we desperately need to have a good team.

1st OLB C. Sintim 6-3 255 Virginia
1st OT Max Unger 6-5 300 Oregon
2nd NT B.J. Raji 6-1 325 Boston College
3rd WR D. Bryd 6-2 195 LSU
3rd FS R. Johnson 6-0 190 Alabama
4th QB Nathan Brown 6-2 210 C. Arkansas
4th OG R. Feinga 6-5 330 BYU
5th OLB Greg Peach 6-2 256 Eastern Washington
6th NT S. Lee Hill 6-3 330 Stillman
7th CB L. Webb 6-0 185 Nicholls St

I think that this draft would provide us the talent that we absolutely need talent.

PASS RUSHERS

Both Sintim and Peach already play linebacker. Unlike many of the Nolan era draftees, they will not need to learn a new position.

Sintim is one of the leading pass rushers the BCS. He has 10 sacks in nine games.
Greg Peach is the leading pass rusher in the FCS. He has 14 sacks in eight games.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Raji will bring instant relief. S. Lee Hill brings a ton–a 1/3 of a ton– with him.
Hill may be a bit of a project, but he is well worth a 6th round pick.

DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD

R. Johnson is a ball-hawking safety. Do we need one of those? Well, with R. Johnson and R. Smith we might have two.

Clements will need a partner. T. Brown should be that next year. L. Webb will push for to be our nickel back.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Unger can play tackle, guard, and center. I see him playing at right tackle.

Over the last three years, well maybe the last two years, our interior line has given up numerous sacks.

Feinga plays a BYU. I can not imagine a line man at BYU that does not know how to pass block.
Could be a starter by the end of his rookie year.

QUARTERBACK

My gut deals me that Alex Smith will be back with a cap friendly contract. My mind tell me that Smith might be ok. Having Nathan Brown on the squad would make me feel much better about the future.

I want to address your point about Calvin Johnson. He is having a great year in Detroit, considering the offensive woes they have. Multiple QBs and a horrible O-line, he can still make some good catches and help move the chains.

But Detroit isn't a great example because Millen is worse than Nolan and Scot...as horrible as that sounds...at building a team.

One of the main reasons why Matt Ryan is doing great this year is because of Roddy White. He has a go-to WR when they need to open up the defense and pass.

But the fact of the matter is that rarely do #1 prototypical WRs are available in the open market 6-4 200+ 4.4 speed. Crabtree possess those qualities, and we've been in need of a WR target ever since Owens left.

Crabtree, Bruce, Battle, Davis, Walker, and Gore really make formidable offensive weapons. I am now also convinced we need to draft Harrell in the 3rd or 4th round. DAMN!
"Harrell was 40-of-50 for 456 yards and six touchdowns, three of them to Crabtree, the big, strong sophomore who might be the nation's most dangerous receiver. Harrell lost two fumbles but didn't throw an interception and wasn't sacked. He was rarely even pressured."

link

-In two weeks Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma in Norman. (Harrell vs Bradford)

-Dez Bryant had 4 catches for 86 yards, almost shut out first half.

-All this talk of drafting Harrell or Crabtree, how about some of those Texas Tech offensive linemen?
Originally posted by Jerry:
"Harrell was 40-of-50 for 456 yards and six touchdowns, three of them to Crabtree, the big, strong sophomore who might be the nation's most dangerous receiver. Harrell lost two fumbles but didn't throw an interception and wasn't sacked. He was rarely even pressured."

link

-In two weeks Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma in Norman. (Harrell vs Bradford)

-Dez Bryant had 4 catches for 86 yards, almost shut out first half.

-All this talk of drafting Harrell or Crabtree, how about some of those Texas Tech offensive linemen?
the tech guards could play in the pros, i dont know how the tackles would fare vs a pro rush
crabtree would be awesome if we are in position to take him. his qb looks good too but i wouldnt mid a guard or 2 from texas tech either. but if crabtree is available, snatch him right away
Is it just me or does anyone else think 49er fans are delusional if they think Crabtree will be on the board when we pick in the draft.

To me this guy has Al Davis drooling. Davis is gong to ruin the careers of Russel, McFadden, and Crabtree, but because he has the call on draft day, I don't see "Mr. Davis" passing him over. Especially since non of their receivers this year can get open.
i agree if the raiders pick before us that he will be a raider
  • DefFratGuy
  • Info N/A
i disagree Al Davis loves 1 thing more than any other... speed. Davis will pick up Vontae Davis, Colt McCoy, Jeremy Maclin or DHB before he picks Crabtree IMO.
  • HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
Al Davis loves physical specimens. He is a supporter of the tenant that speed kills. What is Crabtree's one drawback? Lack of timed speed. A real NFL team might try to draft him because of the clearly high talent, soft hands, and precision route running, but we should be fine with the Raiders, because Crabtree doesn't meet Al's pre-req.
As of right now we have the same record as Oakland. There's no guarantee they will pick ahead of us.

If you're a Crabtree fan Seattle and Oakland are the teams you definetily want to finish ahead of.

good. we don't need a wr. we need a LT/LG/RT either one of those position with our top 7 pick. If no good lineman are still there, we trade our pick away for a late 1st and a late 2nd or early 3rd. We draft BEAST DT/NS.

What's this obsession with WR's? It just doesn't work, look at teams like Cards (more the past years, but even this year, they don't have a great record) Bengals, Lions...You need a oline first than a QB than a RB's or WR's, without a great oline and dline you don't win superbowls, even the teams with great defenses had really good olines.

We have Morgan, Battle, Hill, Draft Pick/FA, Draft Pick/FA for next year. Of course Hill will need to step up, which I believe he can now that BJ is out and S. Hill is our QB.
Originally posted by DefFratGuy:
i disagree Al Davis loves 1 thing more than any other... speed. Davis will pick up Vontae Davis, Colt McCoy, Jeremy Maclin or DHB before he picks Crabtree IMO.

Why would Al Davis draft McCoy when they already have Russell ?
  • DefFratGuy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by YuNGbOn3:
Originally posted by DefFratGuy:

Why would Al Davis draft McCoy when they already have Russell ?

simply naming athletes that are better than Crabtree in the speed department...didnt even think of Russell, brainfart i guess but none the less ny point remains the same that DAvis loves speed to much to pick up Crabtree.
you guys know he is a sophomore so wont be in the draft
Originally posted by 49erha:
you guys know he is a sophomore so wont be in the draft

redshirt sophomore meanin hes eligible and will enter
Share 49ersWebzone