There are 176 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

i go to Tech and Harrell wont go until the 7th round and hes not worth it. hes a system QB. draft crabtree!
I think I like this kid, he has poise in the pocket even when it's collapsing around him. Granted, he still gets ton of time and plays in a QB loving system. But I think he'd be worth a later round pick like a 4th rounder. It's hard to say where his draft stock is, but I think we need to take a flier on a QB this year so that we can at least have a QB of the future who might be able to come in and take a starting role. Obviously he couldn't come in and start immediately, but I think he has the arm and presence to become a decent pick.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If he wins the Heisman he going to go higher.
He's a system QB. We all know our experiences when the Niners last drafted a system QB.

Niner
Doesn't he run a spread O,and didn't Alex Smith run a spread O?

Also,did Smith have a Micheal Crabtree type WR to throw to in college?

Hey,I like Harrell,but I just wanna make sure he's going to be another Matt Ryan,which I don't think he will be,and the next Matt Ryan is exactly what we need!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I agree. Whilst it would be great to get a kid with some sick numbers the fact is stats can lie about players. Better for us to draft a QB who has played under centre and has an accurate throw. I'm not too concerned with major numbers if we're selecting him in the later rounds.
I'll pass...I would much rather draft a Qb from a pro-system. Its not all about the numbers people.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
He's a system QB. We all know our experiences when the Niners last drafted a system QB.

Niner

He's not a system QB, actually.

He's just a very good QB in a good system. A system QB is made good only by the system, such as Chase Daniel. Not the case with Harrell.

If you watched the game last night, the commentators explained this very concept. In their own words: "Graham Harrell is not a system quarterback."

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 9, 2008 at 14:02:12 ]
He's a very smart guy as far as football is concerned. Alex Smith already knew who he was going to pass the ball to before the ball was snapped at Utah, Urban Meyer had set up such a good offense that there was always someone isolated and all alex had to do was get the ball to him, take off and run, or check it down.
Harrell calls 100% of the plays at the line of scrimmage, that is why he always lets the play clock roll down so far, he probably checks to a different play on half of his downs based upon what he sees from the defense.
Then he just goes and executes, which is what makes it so hard to stop.
Originally posted by mayo63:

no he wont. scouts and teams know that the system he plays in is a main reason he has those video gm #'s. the heisman is not a guarantee going higher look at weinke from fsu, crouch from neb, and white from ou

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by mayo63:

no he wont. scouts and teams know that the system he plays in is a main reason he has those video gm #'s. the heisman is not a guarantee going higher look at weinke from fsu, crouch from neb, and white from ou

Troy Smith 5th round
Originally posted by King49er:
Doesn't he run a spread O,and didn't Alex Smith run a spread O?

Also,did Smith have a Micheal Crabtree type WR to throw to in college?

Hey,I like Harrell,but I just wanna make sure he's going to be another Matt Ryan,which I don't think he will be,and the next Matt Ryan is exactly what we need!

Hey, I think the last thing he'll be able to do is step in right away, but I think he has the intangibles and the intelligence to make it with a few years learning a pro system. We do need to draft a QB for the future.

Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'll pass...I would much rather draft a Qb from a pro-system. Its not all about the numbers people.

yeah, that's why I watched him on TV.
I have been high on Harrell for a long time and i think he is a Heisman frontrunner now. I only hope his draft stock wont get much higher cos i would love to draft him in the 5th round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Its not about the numbers with him, IMO. His ability to perform under pressure is what intrigues me about him. I could careless about the numbers.
  • brandonjg
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Niner

he just went 40-50 and threw 5 tds i think.

40 - 50 completions!!!

I don't care, system or no system that is remarkable.
Share 49ersWebzone