LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

NYniner85 mock 2018 (based on who we've met)

Okay we got 10 days left and I'm doing this mock based upon who we've met with, who fits the scheme, and based on need

*this isn't how I'd do it but how I might think it will go down. NO TRADES in this mock.

1st-Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S- I just have a feeling this is who we take if there (and no trades). Would be underwhelmed based on position. That said he's a savage and a team leader, he is a day 1 nickle CB for us and Saleh finds a way to have him play multiple roles (big nickle packages) think Honey Badger on steroids. I don't see him as a single-high FS or a boundary CB. SF had a two day private workout with him so there's interest.

2nd- Arden Key DE- We NEED to rush the passer! I've been shouting from the top of a Mountain about how horrible this team is on getting off the field on 3rd down. He's got off field issues coming out of his ears and I wouldn't draft him this high BUT this smells of a Saleh project... he might think he can get him on the straight and narrow. Talent is there....when he wants to use it. Day 1 he's a situational rusher much like Aldon was. We've done a ton of homework on him so don't be shock people.

3rd- Austin Corbett OG- We worked him out and he's an ideal scheme fit. He's a little light in the pants and I think he's gonna be drafted by a ZBS team only (which drops him) I'm all for upgrading the OL and this is a good spot to do it. he'd bring some nasty back to the OL. HUGE upgrade with Weston/Cooper added to the team...see ya Beadles.

3th-Quenton Meeks CB- I could be wrong, but I feel like we spoke to him at some point? He meets the requirements for size (6-1, 209, 32 inch arms) He's smart and you know Lynch wants to get one Stanford guy. (I've been mocking him to us since day 1). Perfect guy to learn behind Sherman.

4th-Fred Warner LB-We met with him at the Senior Bowl. Love this kid. Team captain and moves around so well. I think he drops to the 3rd/4th based on him not really having a true position, IMO he's a WILL all day.

5th-Dorian O'Daniel S/LB-We had a workout with him.He's another guy that is a confusing. I think he could be used as a SS/LB hybrid. He showed up at the combine ready to show that athletic ability ( 6.64 3-cone, 20 yard 4.07, 4.6 40) if anything he becomes a ST ace yr one. good building blocks.

6th-Bryon Pringle WR-We had a private workout with him. He's got size 6-2 205 and speed (4.46) Had a good Senior Bowl and is a above avg route-runner. He's got off field issues and is gonna be like 25. 6th rd pick what ya gonna do?

7th-Mark Thompson RB- Apparently we met with him at his pro-day
https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/28/49ers-attend-Florida-Pro-Day-with-potential-interest-in-big-athletic-RB-mark-thompson

He ran a sub 4.4 at like 230 lbs. He was a JUCO transfer so not much film on the kid. From this article you can see he's got the juice. He can plant his foot and hit the hole, plus he can catch the ball. More competition at RB.

7th-Mattew Gono OT- He went to Wesley College and is long and athletic (we had a workout with him). I don't see them spending a early pick on a OT in this weak ass draft. Grabbing a guy like Gono, who's got the tools just needs to get stronger and be coached up might be the move.

So there's my mock based on who we've been interested in

I'm gonna try to do one last mock based on what I'd like to do

cheers.
Haha, for a second there I thought you were doing the same mock I posted in the Arden Key thread. Based on their visits, I think they go for OT before they grab an interior OL.

People are going to be sad pandas after clicking on this thread, but it's a very realistic mock. Dorian O'Daniel+Fred Warner=me likey.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Okay we got 10 days left and I'm doing this mock based upon who we've met with, who fits the scheme, and based on need

*this isn't how I'd do it but how I might think it will go down. NO TRADES in this mock.

So there's my mock based on who we've been interested in

I'm gonna try to do one last mock based on what I'd like to do

cheers.

Fun! When you've got a list approaching 90 with 9 picks, it makes it so much fun.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Haha, for a second there I thought you were doing the same mock I posted in the Arden Key thread. Based on their visits, I think they go for OT before they grab an interior OL.

People are going to be sad pandas after they clicking on this thread but it's a highly realistic mock. Dorian O'Daniel+Fred Warner=me likey.

Yeah if a OT that they've visited with drops, then I could see them going that route over OG...maybe O'Neil or Crosby drop to the 3rd but I wouldn't be shocked if they get overdrafted.

Yeah I'm already accepting my boy landry might not be the pick I also think they double dip on LBer with a couple of those mid rd picks.

I could live with a mock if they draft based on who they seem interested in
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Fun! When you've got a list approaching 90 with 9 picks, it makes it so much fun.

Yeah different approach

Yeah different approach

I had done one too and I went straight formula and it turned out pretty good too. Something to help pass the time before we're actually on the clock.

Yeah I'm already accepting my boy landry might not be the pick

Bwahaha, how do you think I feel! I want Landry, too!

I'm beginning to convince myself that the first two picks are inevitable.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM ]

People are going to be sad pandas after they clicking on this thread but it's a highly realistic mock. Dorian O'Daniel+Fred Warner=me likey.

Extra props for the South Park reference!

Yeah different approach

I had done one too and I went straight formula and it turned out pretty good too. Something to help pass the time before we're actually on the clock.

Yup, draft time is my fav but it's time to get rolling with this!
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:21 PM ]
Yeah I'm already accepting my boy landry might not be the pick

Bwahaha, how do you think I feel! I want Landry, too!

I'm beginning to convince myself that the first two picks are inevitable.

Lol yeah I've gotten my boy the past two yrs...can't get too greedy i guess, just makes too much sense

• napo
  • Veteran
Two players with off field issues? After the Foster fiasco? Really?
Originally posted by napo:

Don't be shocked...teams make character mistakes every yr, doesn't mean you pass on talent. Aldon Smith didn't have off field issues in college. Every player should be judge individually.

Pringle is a 6th rd pick you can draft players with talent and issues like that late in the draft then move on no harm no foul.
Originally posted by napo:

Don't be shocked...teams make character mistakes every yr, doesn't mean you pass on talent. Aldon Smith didn't have off field issues in college. Every player should be judge individually.

Pringle is a 6th rd pick you can draft players with talent and issues like that late in the draft then move on no harm no foul.

Wow, that's the first I've seen that comment. Great stuff.
Come on, NC, you gotta keep up with us!!
Very realistic. Which makes me sad.
Share 49ersWebzone