LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

NYniner85 mock 2018 (based on who we've met)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I read it. However, Fitzpatrick is not the only top 10 guy we have spoken with. Im looking more for your justification as to why Fitz over someone else?

And again, two character concerns? im not sure thats very realistic after the Foster stuff....

Im sure they were doing due diligence on Key, but i have a hard time seeing how they could Justify any character concerns in this draft with the Foster stuff ongoing. Foster was a late first round pick in is own right. I will be severely disappointed if we continue to draft headcases.

Who are the other top 10 picks we've spent as much time with besides Fitz? We had Smith in for a private workout and Ward? They've said they won't change their draft board because of Foster therefore based on what the info suggests and what THIS mock is about Fitz is the pick....again not what I would do but that's not what this is about man.

I don't believe in passing on every red flag player because they f**ked up a yr ago. Every single prospect should be looked at individually...Pringle is a 6th rd pick man, at that pt you can take the risk and move on. Key looks like it might be a Saleh project and he might have his name stamped to him. The only other guy we brought in worth a damn at edge (that we don't have to spend a 1st on) is sweat and I think he will be gone by 59...also no trades in this mock.

Just a different look compared to who we want/think will be there...it's about who they've spent the most time with, when they should be available, and need.

Dats it

Or maybe they had so many visits because they were not as sold on him as other players, and want to do due diligence?

We had more visits with other top ten players last year as well, and we still drafted Solly. I dont think Multiple visits really signals that he is 100% the pick, instead that they wanted to do due diligence with him. If they were sold on him the first visit, why have him in for more and tip your hand?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I like your whole draft except for two things. I wish we would have drafted running back earlier. and that first round pick leaves the least amount I upgrade to our team. But I wouldn't throw anything at the TV
Looks like I should have waited a day to do this mock lol....SF is bringing in everybody
Originally posted by fan49:
I like your whole draft except for two things. I wish we would have drafted running back earlier. and that first round pick leaves the least amount I upgrade to our team. But I wouldn't throw anything at the TV

With the money and youth we have invested at RB I don't expect them to draft a big name early unless they get more picks or someone drastically falls.

Like I said his mock is just about people they met with at some pt.

Fitz is a savage in the middle of the field and a very good blitzer. I would go in a different direction and agree with it not being the biggest upgrade. I would also like to see how Saleh would use him
Or maybe they had so many visits because they were not as sold on him as other players, and want to do due diligence?

We had more visits with other top ten players last year as well, and we still drafted Solly. I dont think Multiple visits really signals that he is 100% the pick, instead that they wanted to do due diligence with him. If they were sold on him the first visit, why have him in for more and tip your hand?

Again this mock is about who they've had a lot of contact with, scheme fit, need that's it man...there's really not much to debate. I didn't tell SF who they should or shouldn't be bringing in lol. I'm not saying this is how it goes (hope it doesn't) BUT it gives you an idea of how a mock would look if we drafted based on who SF has spent time on.

Also it looks like I should have waited a day because they've scheduled half the draft in 24 hrs.
Originally posted by weit53:
I like rounds 3 to 5. Not so much the first two.

Not how I would do it either...but they've done a lot of homework on Fitz and Key.

Again this mock is about who they've had a lot of contact with, scheme fit, need that's it man...there's really not much to debate. I didn't tell SF who they should or shouldn't be bringing in lol. I'm not saying this is how it goes (hope it doesn't) BUT it gives you an idea of how a mock would look if we drafted based on who SF has spent time on.

Also it looks like I should have waited a day because they've scheduled half the draft in 24 hrs.

Yep lol.
Looks like I should have waited a day to do this mock lol....SF is bringing in everybody

Lol I was thinking this while reading it, but honestly I wouldn't be too mad at this draft, I think Fitzpatrick is going to be a star, Key if gets his s**t straight could be great, Corbett, Warner, Meeks are all good picks IMO are you doing a final mock from your prospective ? Interested in seeing how you want and hope their picks go..
Originally posted by napo:
Two players with off field issues? After the Foster fiasco? Really?

Don't be shocked...teams make character mistakes every yr, doesn't mean you pass on talent. Aldon Smith didn't have off field issues in college. Every player should be judge individually.

Pringle is a 6th rd pick you can draft players with talent and issues like that late in the draft then move on no harm no foul.

Roquan and Landry are my top two guys I want at 9. I have warmed up to taking Mincah and could live with the pick. I would hate and I mean HATE taking Key.

Your right there is inevitable interest but all I can do is on draft night clench my teeth and hope someone else makes that mistake.
Yep lol.

it's crazy my first mock for this draft class I had us going after Damien Harris and then he literally said he was staying for his senior yr like two days later. My 2nd mock I had us getting Ziggy in FA THEN they tagged him shortly after, and now I tried something different and half the draft class comes in for a visit last min

lol oh well
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 18, 2018 at 6:24 AM ]

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Roquan and Landry are my top two guys I want at 9. I have warmed up to taking Mincah and could live with the pick. I would hate and I mean HATE taking Key.

Your right there is inevitable interest but all I can do is on draft night clench my teeth and hope someone else makes that mistake.

Lol yeah wouldn't be my choice..if he drops to day 3 I wouldn't hate it if Saleh takes on the responsibility, his talent is there when he wants to use it.
I wouldn't be upset with this mock at all
I never wants to draft the CB in the 1st round period! I dont mind to draft the CB in the 3rd round to 6th round.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 24, 2018 at 6:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone