Melvin Ingram 4 yrs 44 Million-Elite pass rusher who plays the run great

2nd, 3rd Tier
Duron Harmon 4 yrs 16 Million-Great depth at both S positions and ST
Brandon Thompson 2 yrs 4 Million-Depth
Matt Shaub 2 yrs 8 Million-Comp for the rook
Patrick Dimarco 3 yrs 6 Million-pave way for those holes for Hyde and the Rook
Kayvon Webster 2 yrs 4 Million Depth and young

TRADES

49ers trade back from 2 to 6 with the Jets who give their 1st and 2nd this year and their 2nd and 4th next year, they jump ahead of Chicago and take Trubisky
49ers trade back into the late 1st giving up their 2nd 4th (comp) 6th and 4th next year..

2017 NFL DRAFT 6 Rounds

Round 1- Deshaun Watson QB Clemson-Has a chance to start day 1 if he beats out Shaub, great kid with that IT factor teams drool over, leader who shows it on the field..Shanahan and him could be a match make in heaven

Round 1-Zach Cunningham ILB Vandy- big athletic kid who flies to the ball..will step in next to Bow day 1 and create havoc, this pick will only continue to improve the D and depth..

Round 2- Dan Feeny OG Indiana-again this pick is only going to improve the O-line and Depth..Slide Beadles to C..hopefully the 2 OG spots and 1 OT are taken and dominate for yrs

Round 3- Alvin Kamara RB Tenn- Dynamic kid running and catching the ball, him and Hyde will be a great Duo

Round 4-Josh Reynolds WR Texas A@M- Might be gone bc he has done nothing but help himself so far but I think he will be a steal in this draft, reminds me of Marvin Jones

Round 5-Devonte Fields OLB Louisville- Sleeper pick who has great pass rushing skills

Round 5 Nazair Jones DE UNC- Great Depth for AA and Buckner, Dial is well Dial and that's it lol

Round 6-Howard Wilson CB Houston-Interception Machine but sloppy footwork which drops him

NOT A 53

Shaub-Watson
Hyde-Kamara-Draughn
Dimarco
Mcdonald-Celek-Bell
Jeffery-Smith-Kerley-Reynolds-Ellington-Rogers
Staley-Theus
Garnett-Tiller
Beadles-Kilgore
Feeny-
Brown

AA-Dial
Williams-Thompson-Dorsey
Buckner-Jones-Blair
Lynch-Tank-Fields
Bowman-Skov
Cunningham-Armstrong
Ingram-Harold
Ward-Robinson-Redmond-Webster-Wilson-DJ
Reid-Harmon
Tartt-
[ Edited by jersey49er on Feb 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM ]
I like that roster and that the pass rush, RB and CB were addressed in the draft which is its strength.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I like that roster and that the pass rush, RB and CB were addressed in the draft which is its strength.

thanks and I agree the positions you named are stacked with talent this yr..
I agree with the overall approach, although I personally prefer Trubisky @2. But if Watson is Shanny's guy than go for it. Getting both Ingram and Jeffrey in FA could be a stretch. I'd also be willing to ride with Hodges / Ray Ray at ILB while taking some prospects later in the draft, which would allow us to take a pass rusher with your Cunningham pick.

But overall, I'd call this mock a big win.
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:
I agree with the overall approach, although I personally prefer Trubisky @2. But if Watson is Shanny's guy than go for it. Getting both Ingram and Jeffrey in FA could be a stretch. I'd also be willing to ride with Hodges / Ray Ray at ILB while taking some prospects later in the draft, which would allow us to take a pass rusher with your Cunningham pick.

But overall, I'd call this mock a big win.

Yeah that's the thing there are so many ways to go and they are all correct bc I agree with the approach you mentioned..i was watching a lot of highlights on Cunningham and I think hes going to be a star..he doesnt miss tackles either..great speed and size to cover..i think taking Cunningham have him battle Ray Ray and signing Ingram who we know is Elite is better then taking a Pass rusher and staying with Ray Ray or Hodges and drafting a late round ILB..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yeah that's the thing there are so many ways to go and they are all correct bc I agree with the approach you mentioned..i was watching a lot of highlights on Cunningham and I think hes going to be a star..he doesnt miss tackles either..great speed and size to cover..i think taking Cunningham have him battle Ray Ray and signing Ingram who we know is Elite is better then taking a Pass rusher and staying with Ray Ray or Hodges and drafting a late round ILB..

Yea, for sure go for Ingram, but the draft is a nice fallback option. There is always a chance Garrett falls to us at #2, which may force us to change our approach.
Originally posted by Bimbo_Coles:

Yea, for sure go for Ingram, but the draft is a nice fallback option. There is always a chance Garrett falls to us at #2, which may force us to change our approach.

Oh yeah if Garrett falls to the niners at 2 they better run that damn card up to Goodell while I'm ordering my jersey lol then I'm going Mahomes in round 2 tho
Alshon Jeffery-5 yrs 65 Million-Finally a Number 1

A number 1 what a Injury-prone WR ???? No thanks
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Alshon Jeffery-5 yrs 65 Million-Finally a Number 1

A number 1 what a Injury-prone WR ???? No thanks

Yeah that's the risk a team has to take when they have not drafted a number 1 wr in over a decade..
Lol no, you don't need to get desperate. Giving an injury prone wide receiver a massive deal like that is what bad teams do.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Lol no, you don't need to get desperate. Giving an injury prone wide receiver a massive deal like that is what bad teams do.

so wait, with all the big needs this team has your thinking what draft a WR as your number 1..or wait have Torrey Smith as the number 1 again..? I don't get it..? how would you handle the need for a number 1 wr..?
First of all, this is a long process. No need to make hasty decisions.

The most important thing is for the head coach and GM to identify what their vision and football philosophy is. What exactly are they trying to execute on the field? What kind of players fit their scheme? After they've done that, they find guys with traits and qualities that fit that system, and you coach them up.

No need to get crazy in free agency. The patriots just won a super bowl with guys that were day 3 draft picks and undrafted players. The seahawks won with two undrafted players as their starters. Build it. It doesn't happen overnight. It's a long process.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 7, 2017 at 1:15 PM ]

so wait, with all the big needs this team has your thinking what draft a WR as your number 1..or wait have Torrey Smith as the number 1 again..? I don't get it..? how would you handle the need for a number 1 wr..?

Wait a year? But it sure wouldn't be drop a big check on a guy that's always hurt. Not to mention he's one failed drug test away from missing 8 games.
lack of receivers is disturbing. Alshon isn't worth the trouble, though would make watson comfortable as he is essentially like Mike Williams.

So wait having a number 1 WR = what??? Superbowl??? 12 wins??? Better QB???
Share 49ersWebzone