LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Pre Super Bowl Mock Draft

After the Browns draft Myles Garrett and trade for Jimmy Garopollo I punch many holes in walls and John Lynch and Kyle continue on with the Draft.

Trade #2 pick to Buffalo for picks #10, #75 and a 2018 1st round pick. Buffalo leap frogs Chicago to draft Mitch who has the arm to play in east coast weather games. (Judging value of future 1st round picks is difficult if someone can let me know if the Bills over/under payed I would appreciate it.

Not going to bother with Free Agency let's just say Brian Hoyer or another veteran QB will be signed.

Draft
R1. 10. Derek Barnett OLB Tennessee - Losing out on Garrett sucks. Barnett would normally be a top rated Edge rusher in most drafts without Garrett. His non stop motor, on film he looks to have a better first step in a 2 point stance than in a 3 which was really surprising. He was a leader for his team and when he broke Reggie Whites record you could see the team loved this guy.

R2. 34. Zach Cunningham ILB Vanderbilt - Rumor is he is going to drop due to lack of strength and his poor tackling technique. Which I understand and think he needs to really work on it. But the things he does well Coverage, take on lead blockers and shed are tougher to teach than having him lift and tackle a dummy. If you've never watched Cunningham put on the Georgia game. He damn near single handedly carried his team to a win.

R3. 66. Davis Webb QB California - he's got good size, good arm talent and a pretty quick release. He's a perfect project QB. And if he doesn't show any progress we have 2 1st round picks to trade up and draft whatever QB we want hopefully.

R3. 75. Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington - an instant upgrade over most of our WRs on our roster. He may go higher than this due to his senior bowl practices. And if he dominates the Combine this pick will just be wishful thinking.

R4. 107. Avery Gennesy OG Texas A&M
R4. 144. Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
R5. 148. Jake Butt TE Michigan
R6. Via (Cleveland for Andy Lee) Josh Reynolds Texas A&M
R6. 187. Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
R7. 223. Freddie Stevenson FB Florida State
R7. Via (Denver for Vernon Davis) Jay Guillermo C Clemson
Like your draft, don't like the trade. I would like to think the #2 pick is worth more than what you propose.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Like your draft, don't like the trade. I would like to think the #2 pick is worth more than what you propose.

Like I said I don't know how to judge value of a future 1st round pick. My main goal was to trade down and get a future 1st next year that hopefully will have better QBs
Love Freddie and Ahkello picks, I don't think we will pick up mixon though this new GM won't want to give his new team that kind of image...most likely will go to seahawks or raiders lol
Put Peterman where Webb is and I'm sold, every other pick I'd be excited about..should've done free agents too but I'm expecting you would've signed a NT and WR..good job tho
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Put Peterman where Webb is and I'm sold, every other pick I'd be excited about..should've done free agents too but I'm expecting you would've signed a NT and WR..good job tho

Yeah NT, Kicker as aFree Agent or undrafted FA, WR like Terrence Williams. I would love Alshon Jefferies but I just don't see that happening.
Originally posted by Boldjames:
Love Freddie and Ahkello picks, I don't think we will pick up mixon though this new GM won't want to give his new team that kind of image...most likely will go to seahawks or raiders lol

The Mixon off field crap will play out during the combine. The more information that comes out the more the "victim" looks bad. Should Mixon have smacked her? No. Should she call a black guy racial slurs? Hell no. Should she have spit on him? Hell no. He's not JJ Stokes he isn't just gonna walk away.
Share 49ersWebzone