LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Cool with 2 DL spots. Makes more sense in a keeper league.

I have no problem with 2DL spots per se, but making changes to roster structures when the draft is almost complete seems wrong. Owners could have decided to take additional gambles on injured/returning players knowing they had an additional spot to buy them a little time. This is all being mooted while the draft is still taking place!

This is a valid point, however I would argue that changing the rule would have a relatively minimal impact on the draft.

Perhaps Teixeria and Granderson would have been drafted higher, for instance. But they were already drafted fairly high.

Teixeria went in Round 6 and Granderson in Round 8 ahead of plenty of talented players. Had the rule been 2 DL spots from the beginning, I think they still would have gone around where they did.

I do understand your concern though and it's a very fair point.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Jose Veras final pick draft over
  • jrg
  • Veteran
When will you enter the rosters crzy?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:

Later
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Later

When you do, is there any time we have to wait? Or can we get into free agency/waivers?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Is choke artist Carlos Marmol available? If so, gimme.

Literally another one of those who often gives you negative points. Not even worth drafting

Yes, because my last pick is going to be absolutely vital to my team's success.

Could've taken a shot on a prospect

Full with starting pitchers, no other hitting prospects starting and not going to stash someone on my team for a year. Might as well draft someone who will contribute.

I'll agree to disagree

200 fantasy points > 0, but okay. Also had more points than Grilli last year.

Grilli wasn't a closer last year
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Later

When you do, is there any time we have to wait? Or can we get into free agency/waivers?

We'll set a date, so that everyone uses the waiver wire at the same time
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Later

We'll set a date, so that everyone uses the waiver wire at the same time

K cool
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Cool with 2 DL spots. Makes more sense in a keeper league.

I have no problem with 2DL spots per se, but making changes to roster structures when the draft is almost complete seems wrong. Owners could have decided to take additional gambles on injured/returning players knowing they had an additional spot to buy them a little time. This is all being mooted while the draft is still taking place!

This is a valid point, however I would argue that changing the rule would have a relatively minimal impact on the draft.

Perhaps Teixeria and Granderson would have been drafted higher, for instance. But they were already drafted fairly high.

Teixeria went in Round 6 and Granderson in Round 8 ahead of plenty of talented players. Had the rule been 2 DL spots from the beginning, I think they still would have gone around where they did.

I do understand your concern though and it's a very fair point.

I also understand Rose's point but dont think it had any impact at all on the draft. First of all, Tex was taken by me in the 6th round BEFORE he got hurt. Secondly, I seriously doubt anyone would have taken Granderson higher than the 8th rd given how long he will be out. I think the only guy that may have gone a rd or two earlier was Brandon Beachy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Teixeira may be out for the season

Teixeira may be out for the season

And the reason why we should wait 2 more weeks before we do this draft. Injuries can happen anytime obviously but it does suck losing a guy for the year that you draft the first week of March.
Is choke artist Carlos Marmol available? If so, gimme.

Literally another one of those who often gives you negative points. Not even worth drafting

He "literally" scored 196 points last year, so no he did not "literally" put up negative points last year.

Seriously doe.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I can't enter the rostesr until ninerlifer joins

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

In....but which league now? Crzy you have two leagues up
Share 49ersWebzone