Really liking my team.

Yahoo fantasy leaue.

QB: Matt Ryan. Matt Stafford
RB: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Jahvid Best, Thomas Jones
WR: Greg Jennings, Mike Williams (TB), Jeremy Maclin, Mike Thomas, Lance Moore
TE: Tony Gonzales, Kellen Winslow
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: San Diego

Might replace Thomas Jones and Mike Thomas but no one really out there to pick up.

Whatchyall think?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
How many teams in your league? Is it PPR?
Originally posted by crzy:
How many teams in your league? Is it PPR?

10 teams and no just for yards and TD's.
Championship!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
If this was a 12 team league, I'd give you a very good grade, but in a 10 team league, this is only a solid B.

I don't know why you're bothering keeping two tight ends in a 10 team league though.

There are absolutely going to be very good RB's and WR's on the waiver wire.

Keepign two QB's is also a waste if this is a 1 QB league. I would drop Stafford, Tony Gonzalez, and Thomas Jones, and pick up more sleeper WR's and RB's.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
but no one really out there to pick up.

Impossible.

15 * 10 = 150 players drafted.

With only 150 players drafted, there are definitely good sleepers on the waiver wire.
Originally posted by crzy:
but no one really out there to pick up.

Impossible.

15 * 10 = 150 players drafted.

With only 150 players drafted, there are definitely good sleepers on the waiver wire.

I was gonna pick up Beanie Wells but someone beat me to it.
I was thinking of dropping a TE and then just picking someone up when the other one has a bye.

The RB's available are Tolbert, P. Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Ben Tate, Rashad Jennings, Ricky Williams, Spiller, and Sproles.
WR's - Collie, Sims-Walker, Roy Williams, Driver, Amendola, Breaston, Hester, Meachem, Jordy Nelson, and Earl Bennett.

So there are some people to pick up I just dont know if they'd be upgrades over what I have. Maybe Thomas over Jones.
I would jump on Tolbert.
Looks real good
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I would jump on Tolbert.

I was thinking that too. Its looking like Matthews will start but Tolbert will get a lot of goal line carries.

I was thinking that too. Its looking like Matthews will start but Tolbert will get a lot of goal line carries.

Plus, there is talk about Tolbert getting third down action too because they like his ability to catch the ball. Better for PPR setups but still a good sign for his workload.
Yahoo fantasy leaue.

QB: Matt Ryan. Matt Stafford
RB: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Jahvid Best, Thomas Jones
WR: Greg Jennings, Mike Williams (TB), Jeremy Maclin, Mike Thomas, Lance Moore
TE: Tony Gonzales, Kellen Winslow
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: San Diego

Might replace Thomas Jones and Mike Thomas but no one really out there to pick up.

Whatchyall think?

In a 10 team league I would give you a B-. You dont have an elite QB, you have some serious question marks at RB ( CJ's holdout, Best and Gore injury concerns), fair TE's at best. In a 10 team league I think you could have done a bit better.
I agree with crzy. You've got a great foundation, but in a 10 team league other teams probably aren't too bad either. And after Ryan, CJ, Gore, Jennings, Williams, and Maclin your players really drop off.

You should definitely drop Winslow and T Jones. And I'd also think about dropping Stafford and M Thomas.

Guys you listed I would target are:

Tolbert, Ronnie Brown, Rashad Jennings, Spiller, and Javon Ringer (who you didn't list but is probably there)
WR's - Collie, Sims-Walker, Roy Williams, Amendola, Jordy Nelson

Since you have CJ you should definitely pick up Ringer. That's one of the most important hadcuffs you can have right now. I'd also take Tolbert, Collie and Sims-Walker if I were you.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I agree with crzy. You've got a great foundation, but in a 10 team league other teams probably aren't too bad either. And after Ryan, CJ, Gore, Jennings, Williams, and Maclin your players really drop off.

You should definitely drop Winslow and T Jones. And I'd also think about dropping Stafford and M Thomas.

Tolbert, Ronnie Brown, Rashad Jennings, Spiller, and Javon Ringer (who you didn't list but is probably there)

Since you have CJ you should definitely pick up Ringer. That's one of the most important hadcuffs you can have right now. I'd also take Tolbert, Collie and Sims-Walker if I were you.

I can only start 2 RB's and 3 WR's. I dumped Jones for Tolbert. Do you really think Collie or Sims-Walker provide an upgrade over Winslow or Mike Thomas? I believe Thomas is the number 1 in JAX, not that hes great but he'll get a lot of looks. I like Collie but isnt he a 3rd or 4th option in Indy? Plus he gets dinged up a lot. Im really not big on MSW but I guess he could get a lot of looks from Bradford as well.
Im big on Stafford, I think if he can stay healthy he could have a very good year. Im waiting til after the first couple games to pick who to cut between Gonzo and Winslow. I think Gonzo will get less looks in Atlanta this year with Jones on board and Douglas looking to contribute more this year, just hard to bet against him though.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I can only start 2 RB's and 3 WR's. I dumped Jones for Tolbert. Do you really think Collie or Sims-Walker provide an upgrade over Winslow or Mike Thomas? I believe Thomas is the number 1 in JAX, not that hes great but he'll get a lot of looks. I like Collie but isnt he a 3rd or 4th option in Indy? Plus he gets dinged up a lot. Im really not big on MSW but I guess he could get a lot of looks from Bradford as well.
Im big on Stafford, I think if he can stay healthy he could have a very good year. Im waiting til after the first couple games to pick who to cut between Gonzo and Winslow. I think Gonzo will get less looks in Atlanta this year with Jones on board and Douglas looking to contribute more this year, just hard to bet against him though.

Yeah, I guess with those WR it's anyone's guess. I try to avoid WRs from teams with bad QB situations and gravitate towards WRs with good QBs. That's why I like Collie and MSW, even though both teams are crowded at WR. And the JAX QB situation makes me nervous.

But that's personal preference. And Thomas was pretty good last year. So I say go with your gut.
Share 49ersWebzone